new blog by Bob Gurr about Podcast Cruise 2.0!

Wow. I get back on after posting this afternoon and the crap hits the fan. I was a witness to the brunch and not the dinner, and I think many people have blown some of it out of proportion.

I'm not excusing Jaime's group for being noisy, but I can relate to it. That's probably why I feel everyone seemed to be ganging up on her before it turned ugly.

If you want loud and boisterous, try attending a food and wine pairing dinner event during the festival or Tables in Wonderland. I'm sure we were noisy during the TiW dinner I attended 12/17, but we were in a private dining room that didn't have glass walls. :rolleyes:

And yes, I did book as a Dreams client, and I did rebook for a future cruise, so I hope I can stand in as someone without a personal vested interest in whatever mess was going on prior to the cruise.

I don't feel like I'm affiliated with any podcast forum cliques, so I hope this can be viewed as unbiased. I don't think both sides meant to air their dirty laundry here, so I will go back to my corner until the dust settles.

Wow, I'm shocked by the tone of this thread. I never got to Palo during this cruise, so I didn't witness any of what was described. I checked out this thread to see the response to Disney Legend Bob Gurr taking the time to share his thoughts on the cruise. I never expected to find an argument to break out.
Actually that was me, and no I did not mention that as it would have been rude. However, the personal interaction was a much different experience than the sessions they gave, while I am sure they were wonderful, getting to actually talk with him one on one was very memorable.
I think one should be careful about judging a session that you did not see. I for one thought both Bob and Charlie's presentations were fantastic and added to the personal interaction I had with them. The same can be said for Jodi Benson's performance.

Wow, I'm shocked by the tone of this thread. I never got to Palo during this cruise, so I didn't witness any of what was described. I checked out this thread to see the response to Disney Legend Bob Gurr taking the time to share his thoughts on the cruise. I never expected to find an argument to break out.
I think one should be careful about judging a session that you did not see. I for one thought both Bob and Charlie's presentations were fantastic and added to the personal interaction I had with them. The same can be said for Jodi Benson's performance.

I agree Dave and did not mean to judge the caliber of the sessions since I didn't see them, from what I heard they were quiet good. What I am / was guilty of was making the assumption before the cruise that I would not be going to the sessions bcause they conflicted with things I was more interested in doing.

Skip, that totally sucks.

I think I'd have been really annoyed in your situation. The fact that people are defriending you on Facebook because you expected to have a nice, quiet evening at a fine restaurant is just ridiculous.

Back to Bob, we were going to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary with Michael Bowling. We stopped at the Poly, and who should get on our car - Bob Gurr!!! What a treat - It was a brief encounter, but we chatted as Bob is known to - we got such a kick out of it and we hope he goes to another event that we can make it to!!

And Skip - you're still my friend - :thumbsup2

He didn't have to do that - he could have done the show and spent the rest of the time with Fred enjoying his cruise. What a fantastic gentleman he is.

I also think we need to thank Fred for being so patient with all us crazy Disney Fans. He was so nice and so understanding.

I hope they consider joining us again for another DIS event.

and he attended DATW with us of his own accord! Talk about above and beyond!

Fred was a hoot, he certainly got sucked into the Disney craziness! I hope not only do fans get to talk to someone like Bob, but that CMs get to also.

and he attended DATW with us of his own accord! Talk about above and beyond!

Fred was a hoot, he certainly got sucked into the Disney craziness! I hope not only do fans get to talk to someone like Bob, but that CMs get to also.

You know it was funny as Anne and I were walking behind him on our way to the restrooms, it made me wonder. How many times have I walked right by a Disney legend in the parks and never knew it, he was just a regular guy walking around. All be it with a Mickey light saber at times :rotfl2:

I did hear you got him to ride maelstrom - we alll want to know how you did that.

When he got on the monorail, a cast member got on too, but it didn't appear that the cast member was with him. I don't know, he was dressed in an all white uniform, and didn't interact with any of us. :confused3

You know it was funny as Anne and I were walking behind him on our way to the restrooms, it made me wonder. How many times have I walked right by a Disney legend in the parks and never knew it, he was just a regular guy walking around. All be it with a Mickey light saber at times :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same thing when we were in Wavebands during the 80's dance party. He was out there having a ball. First he was filming the dancers, and the next thing I knew he was out there dancing and someone else had his camera & was filming him! :goodvibes He ended up winning a drink ticket for best male dancer, and I was thinking that the folks out there, including the CMs most likely had no idea he is a Disney Legend. :)

I did hear you got him to ride maelstrom - we alll want to know how you did that.

My memory is a bit hazy, but I wanna say Fred wanted to ride it. bob initially rejected the idea because he is adamantly against the designer who made the ride, saying "that's engineering crap, it breaks down all the time, I don't support his work" LOL.

The coolest thing was riding test tack and mission space with him. "no I don't have a room key or a fast pass, but I have one of these" as he points to his Disney Legend nametag. The CMs didn't even blink and let us right through the FP line during EMH.

On the 80s night I did talk to some of the entertainment people(the girl specifically) and they were aware he was one of the "celebrities" on the ship. One knew he was a legend, but I don't think that influenced anything. he earned it! I wanted to have fun so bad that night, but I felt so sick :-( I love 70s and 80s!

If a CM got on the monorail, they probably would have had no idea it was him or who he is. Many CMs don't know much of anything about Disney history. All they know is their break is late. It's sad really, but many don't pay attention around them when getting on the monorail to travel around.

On the 80s night I did talk to some of the entertainment people(the girl specifically) and they were aware he was one of the "celebrities" on the ship. One knew he was a legend, but I don't think that influenced anything. he earned it! I wanted to have fun so bad that night, but I felt so sick :-( I love 70s and 80s!

Thanks, Thommy. I was wondering about that. btw, I tagged a couple of pics w/you & Bob at the 80's night. Should be in your notifications.

And, thanks for dancing Thriller, even though you were feeling poorly. It was appreciated. :)

The coolest thing was riding test tack and mission space with him. "no I don't have a room key or a fast pass, but I have one of these" as he points to his Disney Legend nametag. The CMs didn't even blink and let us right through the FP line during EMH.

Very cool! I bet that was an experience to remember. :thumbsup2

That is very cool! What an experience! :goodvibes

If a CM got on the monorail, they probably would have had no idea it was him or who he is. Many CMs don't know much of anything about Disney history. All they know is their break is late. It's sad really, but many don't pay attention around them when getting on the monorail to travel around.

One of the CM's doing the disco dance thing was the same one who directed traffic at the autograph signing. Bob also told me he spent quite a bit of time talking to her on Castaway Cay, she certainly knew who she was. Doesn't change anything though he still got up there and did it!

Here are some shots of Bob having fun at the 80's disco night

167813_1655751804888_1569881927_31521052_6347182_n.jpg

168113_1655752364902_1569881927_31521054_7804388_n.jpg

168570_1655753084920_1569881927_31521056_2110427_n.jpg

165297_1655753284925_1569881927_31521057_6736041_n.jpg

This one may have been after he won the drink ticket for the best male dancer. :)
164533_1655753844939_1569881927_31521058_4490351_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter