• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New and need advice on ADR planning

disneydreamer6

Earning My Ears
My husband has only expressed his opinion in dining for one place--Tusker House for breakfast. We will be going in the park for only 6 days. 2 of them are birthdays of my daughters and we are hoping to do princess things for those. Hopefully CRT for the younger because her birthday is later in the time we're there. And Akershus for the older since hers is the 2nd day. We want to try Hollywood Studios on the Monday to be there at rope drop because my son would love to be able to be one of the kids chosen for the Star Wars thing on stage. We're not telling him about it though, unless it works out.
So that leaves us two possible days for the Animal Kingdom in the morning. Unfortunately I looked up the park hours and both those days there are early hours. My original plan was to go first thing to Tusker House and then we could go straight from there to the safari. We can't do that if the park opens early and still not have a long wait. So, can I do a late breakfast? If we're there as soon as the park opens at 8 and go straight to the safari can we make it to the Tusker House in time?
Any thoughts on that? I know we could move it to lunch, but I thought I would try to fit in the one opinion my husband had on this.
Also, is the CRT breakfast very hard to get into? We check in on a Thursday and we're hoping to get it the next Tuesday. I will be up at 6 am on my 180 day from check-in day to try online. And I know that's the one to do first. It's the one both of my girls really want to go to so I do want to do it. I'm just really hoping I can get princess things for both my girls on their birthdays. They are so excited they get to spend their birthdays at Disney. It will be the first trip for everyone in my family, but me. Though I've never done the meal plan before. Or any reservations.

I would definitely make CRT the first reservation I make, with Akerhaus the second. That one is also tough to get. With Tusker House, could you eat a breakfast at 10:00? I've already taken the latest breakfast which is usually 10:00-10:20. That gives me time in the park to hit the headliners if I want before eating. You could get the safari and any other you want. If the safari is your main priority before eating, I would go for a 8:45 breakfast. BTW, this is our favorite breakfast buffet at Disney. Plenty of menu items to choose from and the juice is amazing! Have a wonderful time and Happy Birthday to your two Princesses.pixiedust:

I think the early morning character breakfasts (before the parks open) are generally harder to get than the mid-morning times.

As the PP suggested, I'd go w/ the following order - CRT, Akershus, & then Tusker House.

Also, keep in mind, if you can't get breakfast at CRT or Akershus, you can also do lunch or dinner at both of these places. (You can do lunch as well Tusker, but, since your DH specifically asked for breakfast... ;) )

And I think your plan is good - AK at opening for the safari & maybe even Expedition Everest & then breakfast at Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter