• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Having just watched ALL of the Star Wars with the kids, I don't think you need to dig up my order suggestion. The prequels are really ... not good. Not worth the time. I would say watch 4-6 and then you will be ready for 7 and BB-8! If all of that turns you into some crazy Star Wars addict that you can't get enough, you'll have the prequels waiting as new anthology material, but I don't think that will be you and I only want the best for you! And yes, Chris Pratt is in Guardians and he unfortunately has to be shirtless for part of it. You could probably watch that when ever you want- Guardians is a stand alone film so far since it's in a different galaxy than the Avengers hang out in.

Having just watched ALL of the Star Wars with the kids, I don't think you need to dig up my order suggestion. The prequels are really ... not good. Not worth the time. I would say watch 4-6 and then you will be ready for 7 and BB-8! If all of that turns you into some crazy Star Wars addict that you can't get enough, you'll have the prequels waiting as new anthology material, but I don't think that will be you and I only want the best for you!
Noted! I only want the best for me, too.
And yes, Chris Pratt is in Guardians and he unfortunately has to be shirtless for part of it. You could probably watch that when ever you want- Guardians is a stand alone film so far since it's in a different galaxy than the Avengers hang out in.
Well dang, that is unfortunate...;) I'll put that one on hold at the library! I meant to see it in the theaters and never got around do it (I'm good at that with movies...I keep meaning to see Zootopia and that hasn't happened yet).

Monday, March 28 (Lifting)
Another day of lifting! My leg is feeling better and better - I definitely noticed a difference today, especially when doing squats. The tight feeling was almost totally gone, which was so nice!

Glad your leg is feeling better! :dogdance:

RACE UPDATE
: when this injury happened I posted about a couple of local races that I'd registered for and would have to miss - a 10-miler in late April and a half marathon the weekend after Tink. :( The 10-miler is still going to be a DNS ("did not start") for me - I'm scheduled for a 5.5-mile long run that weekend, so yeah...a little over halfway there, which is NOT good enough! - but I decided to transfer my May half marathon registration to the 10K that will also be going on that day. This is the race where I originally signed up to do the marathon, then transferred to the half...and now yet another transfer to the 10K. :rolleyes: Sigh. Expensive 10K (but not quite Disney expensive - in fact I don't even think they charged me a transfer fee to drop down to the 10K!) and I'm not expecting greatness as far as my pace or anything like that. But at least I'll still be participating...I'll even get a tiny little finisher medal. :)

That's great that you could transfer like that. Every bit of bling counts! It's never a great feeling not being able to do something you signed up for (AND paid for) but it's definitely worth remembering that a few weeks ago you had no idea if you'd even be able to run at all Tink weekend and now you're doing a 10k the week after as well! That's AWESOME! :dancer:

I need to find a 10k to sign up for.. my biggest problem is committing to a weekend when my schedule is all over the place at the moment!

Gotta love getting free stuff! :teeth:

Lots of places do great free stuff for birthdays!! I always try to take advantage!

beautiful-disney-happy-birthday-cake-wishes-pink-animated-gif.gif

Hope you had a great birthday!!!!!

This run was TOUGH! :faint: The first 10 minutes felt impossible and I couldn't figure out why...turns out the treadmill was set to a 1% incline and I hadn't realized it. I know some people recommend a 0.5-1% incline when doing runs on the treadmill, but I don't ever bother with that, so I definitely felt the difference today. I put the incline back at 0% but the damage was done - my legs felt crazy heavy for the rest of the run!

OH NO NOT THE INCLINE!!!!???!!! :eek:
That would kill it for me too....!

Great combo!!
And I got Mr. A all registered for the Wine & Dine 10K yesterday - YAY!! :yay: So glad that's over! We were talking ADRs a little bit last night (our 6-month date is fast approaching - in fact I think I'll be making ADRs while in Disneyland for Tink weekend :eek:) so I think we've got that nailed down. Just gotta figure out flights, which will be a little more challenging. But overall, SO excited for this trip!!

YAH!!!! You got it all sorted!! I knew you would be fine!!
Tell us more about these ADR's! Where are you planning to head?

Guess who ran today - Mr. A! He did 1.5 miles outside and texted me this GIF as he was walking to cool down:
Everything-Hurts-and-Im-Dying-Parks-and-Recreation.gif

GO MR A!!!!
And he's funny too! What a catch lol

Despite that, he's still at a faster pace than I am...and this is the first time he's run in about 2 years. Men...:sad2:

Ugh... so unfair

Alright, what's the pattern-mixing verdict on this outfit? I like it!
26220453595_7e7a95d99a_z.jpg

YES!! I like it!!

I got home, showered, and tried on my Rose pants. LOVE THEM!! Never wearing regular jeans again!
26194538166_7b4cb12b14_z.jpg

LOVE these pants!!!!! Great yoga pose also!! I did this one on the wii lol

Tinker Bell 15K Training - Week 5
Monday, April 4 - Sunday, April 10, 2016
9.5 miles completed!!!

Monday, April 4 (3-mile run)
Switching my schedule around this week, because I'm not going to work today! Why? Because today's my birthday! :teeth: And I have enough paid time off days, so...why not? A lazy day at home is a lovely gift from me to me.

Since I'm home, I decided to take advantage and run outside today...so I'll be running Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week, and lifting Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

26096256560_5d11ef5d4e_z.jpg

This run was not pleasant. Temperatures in the 30s with 25 MPH winds! So much for taking advantage of going outside. This crappy weather inspired me to up my run intervals from 2:00 to 2:15 to get done just a bit more quickly. Total time for this run was 34:32, 11:30/mile pace. I thought about going a bit further to get to 3.2 miles (for my 32nd birthday :eek:) but it was too cold for that!

2018: I've been doing some thinking about Dopey in 2018 - you know, the event that everyone and their brother and their dog and their neighbor wants to sign up for. Lately I've been thinking about NOT doing it. Mainly because I had such a perfect Dopey experience in 2015, that I'm not sure any other time will live up to that one. Also...the cost. For 2017, Dopey is going to be $580...add in Active.com fees and you’ll be looking at $620ish. It'll only go up from there, and I'm just not sure I can stomach paying that much.

I definitely, definitely want to do the marathon that year (25th anniversary!), so what I'm leaning toward right now is the 10K + the marathon (EDIT: I changed my mind about this approximately 1,000 times as the week went on and I'm still undecided!). I could live with missing the half marathon (I'd say that's one of my least favorite runDisney courses) - on the flip side, I really like the 10K course a lot, and I love me some Minnie Mouse...and it'll be the 5-year anniversary of the 10K, so I'll still get some great anniversary bling. And it'll cost way less. So yeah...just something I was thinking about. :scratchin I keep going back and forth over what I want to do.

Tuesday, April 5 (lifting)
Back to work! Boooo. Lifting was fine today, nothing super special to report...except that a lady in the locker room asked me about my workout clothes, so that was fun. :)

Wednesday, April 6 (2-mile run)

Another short run done! I stuck with my 2:15/1:00 intervals (run intervals done at a 10:30/mile pace). Total time for this run was 23:51, 11:55/mile pace - I actually got under 12:00/mile overall on the treadmill, woohoo!

25766365813_c3f7bfd0d8_z.jpg

Today as I was walking around after the run, a thought popped into my head out of nowhere - I found myself thinking that with how I'm feeling now (i.e. really good), maybe I should have gone for the Tink half. Of course, if I had decided to train for the half back when I started running, who knows how I'd actually be feeling now - it's possible I would have been ramping up the mileage too quickly to get half marathon-ready and would have ended up with an overuse injury or something. It was a weird little conversation I had with myself. I still know I made the right decision deciding to defer to next year...whenever the deferral link decides to make an appearance. But I'm happy to be feeling so good! :)

Thursday, April 7 (lifting)

Good day in the weight room today. I don't normally come on Thursdays and was really struck by how not crowded it was - just me and 1 other person (who was working with a trainer). It was nice!

In other news - I got a shipping notice for the outfit I am hoping to wear for the Tink 10K!! :hyper: EEK! I am so excited to get it! Once it is on the website I will post pictures of it here...the post office INKnBURN uses has been a little slow lately, so I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to me (EDIT: I'm posting this on Monday, April 11 and the outfit is showing as OUT FOR DELIVERY on my USPS tracking page - YAY!!). I'll be good as long as it arrives in time for me to take it for a test run before race weekend ("nothing new on race day!").

Random, but I follow a couple of Simpsons Quote of the Day accounts on Twitter and I loved this one from today (from "King-Size Homer")- HI EVERYBODY!! Great Episode.
26369093415_233a681f30_z.jpg

Friday, April 8 (4.5-mile run)
No other way to say it - this run sucked!! :upsidedow

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I just DID NOT want to do this run - I guess that just happens sometimes! Also, my quads were sore - I did the leg extension machine yesterday in the gym (where you sit and have to push the weights up by using your quads) so I think that may be why.

Total time for this run was 52:42, 11:43/mile pace. So slower than Monday's run pace-wise, but I was fighting myself the entire time - it was all I could do to actually keep going and not cut the run short. Just finishing was a triumph today! Sigh.

We had some electrical work going on today, and I had to be at home to sign for a package (so when I was running, I was basically doing laps around my street - managed to catch the FedEx guy at mile 4.4 of my 4.5-mile run to sign for the delivery, whew!), so timing was all off today and I didn't make it to my regular yoga class. But I plan on going to yoga tomorrow!

Also...we had a little friend visit. :eek:

25766367643_2b0848183d_z.jpg

It was funny because I saw the skunk in our backyard, then took Archie out and went around the block. And of course when we came back, the skunk had moved to the front. And I thought there was no way Archie wouldn't see him and start barking - skunk would freak out - and we'd get sprayed. So we went up the driveway and I gave the little stinker a WIIIIIIDE berth, and he saw me, and I saw him (AND HIS CUTE WITTLE FACE)...and Archie didn't even notice.

Then we get inside, a few minutes later...CRAZY LOUD BARKING.
Archie was not happy.
26096257700_3345d3d119_z.jpg

But he never sprayed, and eventually he did go away - success!

Saturday, April 9 (lifting/yoga)
Another week done! Good lift, not-so-good yoga today - my legs just felt sore. This was another warm/all levels class, and for some reason this one on Saturdays is 15 minutes longer than the class I normally go to (still costs the same though :confused3). And I FELT those extra 15 minutes!! Yowza!

Sunday, April 10 (Rest)
Rest day, yay! And just 3 full weeks of training left until Tink!! :)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Glad your leg is feeling better! :dogdance:
ME TOOOOO!!!
That's great that you could transfer like that. Every bit of bling counts! It's never a great feeling not being able to do something you signed up for (AND paid for) but it's definitely worth remembering that a few weeks ago you had no idea if you'd even be able to run at all Tink weekend and now you're doing a 10k the week after as well! That's AWESOME! :dancer:
So true! I have had maybe 3-4 "did not starts" and they all still bug me, so this is better than nothing!!
I need to find a 10k to sign up for.. my biggest problem is committing to a weekend when my schedule is all over the place at the moment!
I don't know about you, but it's just tough to find 10Ks around me! They don't seem to be very popular!
Lots of places do great free stuff for birthdays!! I always try to take advantage!

beautiful-disney-happy-birthday-cake-wishes-pink-animated-gif.gif

Hope you had a great birthday!!!!!
THANKS! It was pretty good! :)
OH NO NOT THE INCLINE!!!!???!!! :eek:
That would kill it for me too....!
:eek: It's just the worst!!!
Great combo!!

YAH!!!! You got it all sorted!! I knew you would be fine!!
:smooth:
Tell us more about these ADR's! Where are you planning to head?
Not a ton! We went to take advantage of Food & Wine, so we'll be doing that a lot. Since we're staying at the Poly, we're definitely going to go to Kona for Brunch at 'Ohana for dinner. And I have to go to Via Napoli before the half. And I'm thinking maybe California Grill? I've only been there once and that was before the revamp. And I think that's it!

GO MR A!!!!
And he's funny too! What a catch lol
:lovestruc I think so too!
Ugh... so unfair
Right?! :sad2: I'm happy for him, but also jealous.
YES!! I like it!!
:yay:
LOVE these pants!!!!! Great yoga pose also!! I did this one on the wii lol
Haha, thanks - I held it just long enough for the picture!!!

It paid off because I am right in the middle of INKnBURN's Monday Montage from last week! :) (Thrilling, right? :p)
25766365623_8f6705dc9b_z.jpg

Last edited:
Great training week. You are still making such great steady progress. Don't you hate it when you have a really good run followed by a really lousy one? That seems to happen a lot. The important thing is you got it done.

Interesting thoughts about Dopey. I've been trying not to think about the cost of doing it. YOWZA!! For us, though, we haven't done a Dopey yet, so I know we'll just suck it up and pay it. I definitely feel for us though that we will be one and done with Dopey. It's an accomplishment I want to do (and get the bling), but I don't feel driven to do it repeatedly. I actually think the idea of the 10K and marathon is a good idea. Maybe that's something we will consider in the future.

Well done avoiding that skunk. I bet Archie was pretty ticked off at you for avoiding it so well. ;)

Can't wait to see the outfit!! And what is the deal with InB shipping? It's crazy how long it seems to be taking them to get stuff out. Maybe it's always been that way seems I'm relatively new to buying from them, but I don't remember my first purchases taking that long.

Great training week. You are still making such great steady progress. Don't you hate it when you have a really good run followed by a really lousy one? That seems to happen a lot. The important thing is you got it done.
:) Thanks. I'm happy with my progress too. And YES, that is the worst when a lousy run happens! I feel like sometimes I get into a period where I switch off between having a great run, then an awful one, then great, then awful...sort of messes with my head!
Interesting thoughts about Dopey. I've been trying not to think about the cost of doing it. YOWZA!! For us, though, we haven't done a Dopey yet, so I know we'll just suck it up and pay it. I definitely feel for us though that we will be one and done with Dopey. It's an accomplishment I want to do (and get the bling), but I don't feel driven to do it repeatedly. I actually think the idea of the 10K and marathon is a good idea. Maybe that's something we will consider in the future.
Yeah, I really keep going back and forth over it. I talked it over with Will last weekend and was dead set on sticking with the 10K + marathon (and Minnie + Mickey weekend!). Then the next day I was back to wanting to do Dopey...I just keep going back and forth. :confused3 I really think my biggest hurdle is how well it went for me in 2015, because I feel like there's no way I can repeat that!

I totally know what you mean about not being driven to do it repeatedly - awhile back I thought I'd gotten to a point where I wouldn't be able to go to a runDisney weekend and NOT do all of the races available, but I don't feel like that so much anymore. :confused3 Not sure why, I just don't. Not what I expected.
Well done avoiding that skunk. I bet Archie was pretty ticked off at you for avoiding it so well. ;)
:rotfl2: He was just ticked off in general to see someone else in his yard!! I truly don't know what he would have done if he'd seen the skunk outside! He can be skiddish sometimes (okay, oftentimes), but I feel like he maybe would have wanted to chase the skunk? He likes to chase bunnies and squirrels...that would not have ended well! :eek:
Can't wait to see the outfit!!
:hyper: It's out for delivery!!
And what is the deal with InB shipping? It's crazy how long it seems to be taking them to get stuff out. Maybe it's always been that way seems I'm relatively new to buying from them, but I don't remember my first purchases taking that long.
I don't know!! My Shady tech shirt was in "pre-shipment" mode for, like, a week before it actually started moving. I've heard of other people having issues and I'd always experienced the opposite - it always seemed to me like my stuff got to me oddly quickly coming from California to Ohio. But Shady was different - it seemed like (from what I read on Facebook) everyone who ordered that shirt experienced a significant delay.

There have been theories that it's the Costa Mesa post office that isn't cooperating - I actually called INKnBURN Headquarters about the Shady order and the person I spoke to said they were looking into getting a "new carrier," so maybe it was that particular post office? But with this recent order, I got the shipping notice on April 7 and it'll be delivered today - way faster than I expected for coming from California and being over a weekend, especially after Shady moved at a glacial pace. Other people are saying the same thing (that this order is moving pretty quickly) so I'm not sure if INKnBURN threatened to pull their business away from that post office or what (mine seemed to jump from Costa Mesa to Anaheim pretty quickly - like over the course of an hour according to the tracking). Hopefully it'll continue to be better.:confused3

Great training week!

I totally get the back and fort on Dopey 2018. Everyone and their brother does want to do that event. I have been going back and forth on doing it in 2017 instead of doing it in 2018. Either way I really want to do it. My cousin has currently done every dopey to date but decided after her mom passed that she was done. She will just continue to run halfs instead.

We had a skunk that died in our yard once and sprayed the side of our house. It smelt for like a week.

Switching my schedule around this week, because I'm not going to work today! Why? Because today's my birthday! :teeth: And I have enough paid time off days, so...why not? A lazy day at home is a lovely gift from me to me.

Yay for taking your birthday off!

2018: I've been doing some thinking about Dopey in 2018 - you know, the event that everyone and their brother and their dog and their neighbor wants to sign up for. Lately I've been thinking about NOT doing it. Mainly because I had such a perfect Dopey experience in 2015, that I'm not sure any other time will live up to that one. Also...the cost. For 2017, Dopey is going to be $580...add in Active.com fees and you’ll be looking at $620ish. It'll only go up from there, and I'm just not sure I can stomach paying that much.

I definitely, definitely want to do the marathon that year (25th anniversary!), so what I'm leaning toward right now is the 10K + the marathon (EDIT: I changed my mind about this approximately 1,000 times as the week went on and I'm still undecided!). I could live with missing the half marathon (I'd say that's one of my least favorite runDisney courses) - on the flip side, I really like the 10K course a lot, and I love me some Minnie Mouse...and it'll be the 5-year anniversary of the 10K, so I'll still get some great anniversary bling. And it'll cost way less. So yeah...just something I was thinking about. :scratchin I keep going back and forth over what I want to do.

So, this is definitely a tough one.
Dopey is wonderful because of the bling (6 medals for one registration fee!), but I think runDisney is really starting to get to the point where the prices are out of control. The races may still sell out, but ... when your races are more expensive than the rest of your trip, that's pretty crazy. It's definitely hard to swallow that price.
For some reason I didn't make the connection that 2018 is the 5 year anniversary of the 10K ... now you've got me thinking about it!

Back to work! Boooo. Lifting was fine today, nothing super special to report...except that a lady in the locker room asked me about my workout clothes, so that was fun. :)

It's because you have so many awesome workout outfits!

But I'm happy to be feeling so good! :)

It's always awesome to be feeling good :)
There's really no way to know that would have happened if you had decided to train for the half as soon as you were ready to start running again. Maybe you would have gotten injured, maybe you would be doing great. But you made a really hard decision then, and as long as you're feeling good, it was definitely the right decision!

In other news - I got a shipping notice for the outfit I am hoping to wear for the Tink 10K!! :hyper: EEK! I am so excited to get it! Once it is on the website I will post pictures of it here...the post office INKnBURN uses has been a little slow lately, so I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to me (EDIT: I'm posting this on Monday, April 11 and the outfit is showing as OUT FOR DELIVERY on my USPS tracking page - YAY!!). I'll be good as long as it arrives in time for me to take it for a test run before race weekend ("nothing new on race day!").

Yay Tink 10K outfit! I can't wait to see a picture of it!

No other way to say it - this run sucked!! :upsidedow

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I just DID NOT want to do this run - I guess that just happens sometimes!

I know the feeling. But you went out and did it even though you didn't want to, and that's awesome!

Also...we had a little friend visit. :eek:

Oh no! I'm glad that you and Archie got through the experience unharmed (and smelling normal)!

Sounds like a pretty good week overall! Glad everything turned out okay with the skunk, and you avoided disaster!

As for Marathon weekend, I love the idea of the 10K + Marathon. Like you said, you get the anniversary medals for both of those races, plus you get 2 great courses (I too love the 10K course, and hope it's the same or else very similar to what they decide to use for Wine and Dine.)

Great training week!

I totally get the back and fort on Dopey 2018. Everyone and their brother does want to do that event. I have been going back and forth on doing it in 2017 instead of doing it in 2018. Either way I really want to do it. My cousin has currently done every dopey to date but decided after her mom passed that she was done. She will just continue to run halfs instead.
Yeah, I'm still not sure what I want to do just yet. At least I have over a year to decide!
We had a skunk that died in our yard once and sprayed the side of our house. It smelt for like a week.
Oh nooo, that's terrible! :eek: Our little guy just ran away without spraying anyone or anything...whew!!
Yay for taking your birthday off!
:teeth: It was just lovely.
So, this is definitely a tough one.
Dopey is wonderful because of the bling (6 medals for one registration fee!), but I think runDisney is really starting to get to the point where the prices are out of control. The races may still sell out, but ... when your races are more expensive than the rest of your trip, that's pretty crazy. It's definitely hard to swallow that price.
Right?? I mean...it's really just a lot of money. And after I did it the first time I thought I'd want to come back and do it every time I participated in Marathon Weekend, but I don't really feel like that anymore. Maybe mostly due to the coast - every year it's gone up by $20-$30 so I feel like it's going to get to $600 for 2018 BEFORE Active.com fees. So like $650 with fees (OMG). I just don't know.

The training time/commitment would be similar with whichever option I choose, I guess it'll just come down to how much money I want to spend and how I want that weekend to go (getting up crazy early 4 mornings vs. 2 mornings, etc.).
For some reason I didn't make the connection that 2018 is the 5 year anniversary of the 10K ... now you've got me thinking about it!
Poor Minnie and her 10K have been getting over-looked!!
It's because you have so many awesome workout outfits!
:teeth:
It's always awesome to be feeling good :)
Yes, yes it is!!
There's really no way to know that would have happened if you had decided to train for the half as soon as you were ready to start running again. Maybe you would have gotten injured, maybe you would be doing great. But you made a really hard decision then, and as long as you're feeling good, it was definitely the right decision!
You're totally right - no point in dwelling on it because I'll never know what could have happened. You are very wise. :)

Truthfully...and I know I have been borderline obsessing about this...once they post that darn deferral link and I get confirmation that my PDC bib is deferred, I'll truly be at peace with the way things have played out for the weekend. :)
Yay Tink 10K outfit! I can't wait to see a picture of it!
:) I think I will be able to post it sometime today! I'm actually undecided about the bottoms - the top I definitely know what I want to do, but I have some options for the bottoms so I may need some input!
I know the feeling. But you went out and did it even though you didn't want to, and that's awesome!
Yes!! The whole time I was struggling through I was trying to remind myself that this was helping me to build mental toughness...which sort of helped, but it still sucked overall! :rotfl2:
Oh no! I'm glad that you and Archie got through the experience unharmed (and smelling normal)!
UMMM...ME TOO!! :eek:
Sounds like a pretty good week overall! Glad everything turned out okay with the skunk, and you avoided disaster!
Me too!! :rotfl2:
As for Marathon weekend, I love the idea of the 10K + Marathon. Like you said, you get the anniversary medals for both of those races, plus you get 2 great courses (I too love the 10K course, and hope it's the same or else very similar to what they decide to use for Wine and Dine.)
Yeah, and I feel like the weekend as a whole would just be way more relaxed (both physically and mentally)? And obviously way cheaper. Just not sure what to do yet. I keep thinking I'm leaning toward one option and then I change my mind again. :confused3

2016 Tinker Bell 10K - The Outfit!...???

Yay, another race outfit (INKnBURN, of course)! It has nothing to do with Disney or Tink or personal redemption or anything like that. :teeth: Just wearing what makes me happy!

But I'm not totally decided yet, so let's discuss.

I'm DEFINITELY wearing this top - the Ella Singlet:
25791464133_056887b8c0_z.jpg

From the website: This Women's Umbrella Singlet was inspired by the Ágitagueda art festival in Portugal. Every summer hundreds of umbrellas are hung over promenades in the streets of Águeda. The beautiful tradition started only a few years ago, but has already earned the town world fame. The installation not only adds a vibrant splash of color to the otherwise plain streets, but also creates much needed shade from the heat. We love that, beautiful and functional! Something we strive for with all our athletic apparel!

I really love this tank...it's so colorful and happy!! :)

I also got the matching Umbrella 4Arms...just like the 5K, I'm not totally sure I will need these for the race, but I'll at least have them on while waiting around in the corrals, and possibly for the first mile or so. Once I warm up I'll take them off and stuff them in a pocket.
26328015441_c67645b232_z.jpg

So I'm definitely going with the umbrella (ella, ella, eh eh eh) motif up top...the bottoms are where I'm undecided right now. :scratchin

Originally I was thinking I would wear these - the Water Shorts.
25791467913_4547688618_z.jpg

25791463983_8aa56d4e3a_z.jpg

These actually DO have a California connection (appropriate as Disneyland is in California...but you knew that): Our INKnBURN Women's Water Shorts were inspired by all the wonderful rain we are getting this El Niño year at INB HQ. (Rain in Southern California is a precious thing!). (INKnBURN is headquartered about 20 minutes from Disneyland). While I've recently discovered that I can run in the shorts and not end up with crazy chaffing...I think I like running in the skirts a little better, and I think I look a little better in the skirts (if only my thighs were, like, 1" less in diameter or something. Sigh). So that's my dilemma - Water Shorts or a skirt? I'm pretty set on sticking with my Ryu skirt for the 5K (though I feel like that could work with the Ella Singlet too), but I think Chameleon or Lucky Charm could work as well...maybe?

Watch out - pattern mixing ahead (tossed in the Club shorts too)!

L-R Club Shorts, Lucky Charm Skirt, Water Shorts, Chameleon Skirt:
26328016691_c80d338436_z.jpg

I think they all work, but I definitely think the Water Shorts look best. I feel like of the two skirts, Chameleon looks better.

But I looooove the Water Shorts. When I was younger I LOVED to swim (being on the swim team in high school and college sort of took the joy away for me, sadly), and I also loved to pretend I was a mermaid (didn't we all? The Little Mermaid came out when I was 5 so that was my childhood!), and the art on these shorts totally reminds me of swimming under water in our local pool, getting to the bottom and looking up to see the sunlight coming through the water. Awww, little Shanny...

...look at the dork you've become!! :rotfl2: (Photo credit: Mr. Ariel484)
26121371060_84b997ecb9_z.jpg

Not sure if I'll wear a headband or a visor just yet...I may need to bring some options with me. :) I have sparkly visors in blue and read that would look pretty good, I think...:scratchin

26121539210_d7296eb2b7_z.jpg

Thoughts???

(Also...there was a singlet released for men today: the Tank Tank. Such a cool design...I wish I could sew, because there are quite a few men's designs I wouldn't mind altering to fit me! This is one of them!)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Ella (ella ella eh eh eh - thanks for that earworm!) is freaking adorable.

We LOVES it!!! We WANTS it!!! Wait. What was I talking about?

I'm with you on liking the water shorts the best. The color is great and it looks wonderful on you and ties in perfectly with Ella. BUT, if you think you'd be more comfortable in a skirt, then I also agree that Chameleon would be my pick. I'm a bit timid about pattern mixing though, so somebody else might think differently. Really any of them would look great.

The Tank Tank is cool. Maybe they'll come out with that design later for women? My DH, Chris, would never wear that one though. :sad2:

I have been debating Dopey in 2018. I can't decide with the cost or if I every really want to do a full. I figure I have to decide so I can start saving soon enough. Well, after I register for next years Disney races.

Love this! It really is a happy outfit!

OMG seriously that is like happiest running outfit I've ever seen. It's so whimsical yet legitimately beautiful with all of the bright colors. The water shorts are my gave too, but I think anything in blue on the bottom would look good.

Congrats on a great training week! Way to push thru a tough run - that is the stuff that makes you stronger! Please don't have any regrets about not doing the Tink half - it was absolutely the right decision and you are being so smart about slowly building back while healing!

That is awesome that you made the InknBurn montage front and center! I love that new umbrella top - so bright and fun! Definitely pair with the water shorts for tink :goodvibes

I've never seen a live skunk! Are they common in Ohio??

And a big ole happy birthday! party:

Ella (ella ella eh eh eh - thanks for that earworm!) is freaking adorable.
:teeth: That song has been stuck in my head for a solid month now!!
We LOVES it!!! We WANTS it!!! Wait. What was I talking about?
Isn't it soooo cute?? I just love it!!
I'm with you on liking the water shorts the best. The color is great and it looks wonderful on you and ties in perfectly with Ella. BUT, if you think you'd be more comfortable in a skirt, then I also agree that Chameleon would be my pick. I'm a bit timid about pattern mixing though, so somebody else might think differently. Really any of them would look great.
Yeah, I'm really leaning toward the water shorts because I think the whole outfit looks the best together...I did 2 miles in the shorts yesterday and they were fine, just not sure.

THANK YOU for saying that they look okay...when I asked Mr. A to take those pictures for me I really was fixating on my legs (and not in a good way :sad2:), so reading you saying that made me feel better. :o
The Tank Tank is cool. Maybe they'll come out with that design later for women? My DH, Chris, would never wear that one though. :sad2:
I'm starting to accept the fact that they just don't do all of the men's designs in women's cut. I was hoping/waiting for Circuit to come out in women's, and I'm thinking it just won't happen. I feel like if they do a design for both men and women, they release it at the same time. I've seen people buy the men's stuff and alter it themselves or have them altered to fit (someone did that with the Tank Tank - she took the sides in and it looks great on her), so I'm starting to think about trying that with a couple of the men's shirts. And by "try it" I mean "pay someone else to do it." Obviously that'll make the shirts a little pricier, but I'd only limit myself to designs I REALLY love (right now i'm leaning toward Circuit and possibly the Kai Tech). Some women like to wear them as-is, but I don't - I tried Will's Circuit tech on (size small) and the neck hole was smaller than I preferred, and the shirt itself was boxier and longer than I'd like. I've tried a men's tank before too, and the arm holes were WAY too big. So I'd need professional help. Someone in the other fan group (INKnBURN Island) posted a Steampunk that she had altered to a tank with arm sleeves and it looks AMAZING.

Will won't do the Tank Tank either...he just don't do sleeveless shirts, period. Oh well!!
I have been debating Dopey in 2018. I can't decide with the cost or if I every really want to do a full. I figure I have to decide so I can start saving soon enough. Well, after I register for next years Disney races.
I'm right there with you - both on the debating and on needing to save! All I know for sure is I definitely want to do the 10K and marathon, just not sure about the other two. :confused3
Love this! It really is a happy outfit!
I agree!! I'm really excited about it! :)
OMG seriously that is like happiest running outfit I've ever seen. It's so whimsical yet legitimately beautiful with all of the bright colors. The water shorts are my gave too, but I think anything in blue on the bottom would look good.
Isn't it?! I think it's just so cute for spring!

I really am leaning toward the Water Shorts...they really do look the best and they are soooo pretty. I may end up bringing multiple options and make a game-time decision at, like, 4AM the morning of the 10K. :rotfl:
Congrats on a great training week! Way to push thru a tough run - that is the stuff that makes you stronger! Please don't have any regrets about not doing the Tink half - it was absolutely the right decision and you are being so smart about slowly building back while healing!
Thank you!! :)

Ahhhh...I know. I KNOW it was the right decision, I just keep wondering! Especially when it occurred to me a few weeks back that if I did Tink, I would still possibly get a C2C medal (with Wine & Dine). Darn you runDisney and your bling!!!

I'm trying to remind myself that I am being wise...but it's tough!!
That is awesome that you made the InknBurn montage front and center! I love that new umbrella top - so bright and fun! Definitely pair with the water shorts for tink :goodvibes
:rotfl2: Thanks! I'm such a dork that I was excited about that! But loooook who ended up in the National Pet Day montage! :lovestruc He's not looking at the camera, but he's still there! My non-Archie favorites are the car staring down the Fish Tank and the dog that wants to do yoga

I'm thinking the Water Shorts need to happen. They are just so pretty!
12968010_10153617734848041_1306000427577653120_o.jpg

I've never seen a live skunk! Are they common in Ohio??
I don't know, but this is the second time I have seen one at my house (we've been living there a little over 6 years now)!! :eek:

He was soooo cute though. I kind of wanted to cuddle him. :upsidedow
And a big ole happy birthday! party:
:yay: Thank you!!!

Yay! Outfit time!

Okay, that Ella pattern is awesome. I don't think it's possible to look at that shirt and not smile. Even I smiled looking at it, and I don't smile.

In terms of bottoms ... I think the El Nino shorts (which is what I will call them from now on) and Chameleon skirt both look really nice with the top.
As for which one you should wear ... wear whichever is more comfortable. If a skirt is more comfortable for you, wear the skirt. But I think you look awesome in the shorts, so if those are more comfortable, wear those!

Archie is famous!!!

The cat staring down the fish tank is epic. Love that.

So, question. I'm ordering that Ella shirt (I cannot resist) and am debating about the shorts. I do have some running shorts that I like wearing sometimes in the heat of the summer (the skirts and compression shorts can be pretty warm). So, do you buy the same size in the shorts that you do in the tights/capris? There's some forgiveness between sizes I'm finding with those because of the stretch in the fabric, but I'm assuming the shorts are less forgiving.

Yay! Outfit time!
Outfit time is the best time. ::yes::
Okay, that Ella pattern is awesome. I don't think it's possible to look at that shirt and not smile. Even I smiled looking at it, and I don't smile.
I'm glad it makes you smile - it makes me smile too! :)
In terms of bottoms ... I think the El Nino shorts (which is what I will call them from now on) and Chameleon skirt both look really nice with the top.
As for which one you should wear ... wear whichever is more comfortable. If a skirt is more comfortable for you, wear the skirt. But I think you look awesome in the shorts, so if those are more comfortable, wear those!
Ahhh, so tough to choose! I am going to have to do some test runs over the next few weeks, I think. And thank you!! :)
Archie is famous!!!
I am such a proud dog mom. :lovestruc
The cat staring down the fish tank is epic. Love that.
Yes!! I love that too, it's so perfect! And very bold of that guy, I know people's cats have ruined INKnBURN in the past...they just can resist clawing at it. :eek:
So, question. I'm ordering that Ella shirt (I cannot resist) and am debating about the shorts. I do have some running shorts that I like wearing sometimes in the heat of the summer (the skirts and compression shorts can be pretty warm). So, do you buy the same size in the shorts that you do in the tights/capris? There's some forgiveness between sizes I'm finding with those because of the stretch in the fabric, but I'm assuming the shorts are less forgiving.
NO! You are right that the shorts are less forgiving!

There are some people that buy the same size in all bottoms, but I think that is not very common. Most people go up 1 size in the shorts compared to capris/tights. Me - I go up 2 sizes (because I have a "healthy butt"), and honestly, I probably could stand to go up another size. :upsidedow That's the frustrating thing about not having a local place that carries InB - I had a hard time figuring out my sizes in things. When I got the New Leaf shorts I think I ordered 3 different sizes - 1 size up from capris, 2 sizes up and 3 sizes up. Mr. A said 3 sizes up looked too big so I returned that and the 1 size up, and I've stuck with 2 sizes up since then.

I will say - they are an adjustment for someone who was so used to SparkleSkirts. I compared my InB shorts size inseam to the inseam of the shorts I wear for SparkleSkirts and they are like 1.5" shorter! :eek:

If you're not sure of your size, maybe order multiple sizes and return what doesn't work? It's not a fun financial hit but that's what I did and it was helpful to have multiple sizes right there to try out/compare (returned for store credit - which did not last long).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter