• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

You're right, I guess we would be legacy if we did it every year! That's something I hadn't thought about...:scratchin Perfect Lumieres? Surely they will come up with something more clever than that!

I'd be lying if that didn't cross my mind when I registered....

Also, this arrived today - the standing desk!

Yay on getting the standing desk. I can imagine that it will take some time to adjust. I used to work in a job (many years ago) where I was on my feet for nearly the entire day and I didn't think much about it. But, I know if I were to try and stand all day today it would be really tough. Is it pretty easy to raise and lower so that you can adjust your position without too much difficulty?

Really good run today! I felt little if any pain in my upper ankle/lower calf area (man, how many times have I written "upper ankle/lower calf" or some version of that over the last almost 3 months?? :rolleyes2), and I felt pretty strong for most of the run (the last 0.5 miles or so got a little tough).

1:45/1:00 was the plan again today - all run intervals done at 5.7MPH (10:30/mile pace). Total time was 30:44, 12:17/mile pace. It's possible I'm jinxing myself by saying so, but I feel like I'm really turning a corner this week. Woohoo!! :yay:

That is so great!!! I didn't realize it has been 3 months since your pain started. Man. That is wonderful progress. Congrats on turning that corner!!!

AND NOW...A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR WITH BATED BREATH*...

...I have selected my Tink 10K outfit (I think). But it's confidential right now (it's been ordered but has not been publicly released yet - currently is being produced, I guess), so I'll post it soon...but I will say that it is NOT in any way Tink-related. It IS cute though (in my opinion). :)
I'm impatiently waiting. ;)

I am 99% sure said outfit is what I'll wear for the 10K, but I had another thought - I just received my February Club INKnBURN item (shorts...I'm obsessed with the shorts now!)...so I was thinking that since this is my first race weekend as an Ambassador, maybe I could wear my Club gear?
The club gear combo is also really cute together and would be good PR for your newly-minted Ambassador status. But, of course, we need to see your other consideration to know for sure. HA!

AND LASTLY...today was online check-in day for my and Mr. A's summer cruise! :banana: We originally had a 7-night Eastern Caribbean booked on the Fantasy, but after our long California trip, we decided we didn’t want to be away from the dog again for that long, so we downgraded to a 4-night Dream cruise. That's right, the dog dictates our vacation plans (there were other factors too, but I'm not gonna lie...the monster was the biggest thing!).
Those puppies do make it hard to leave them, don't they? I hope you guys have a wonderful cruise!!!

VENT: runDisney released the Dark Side waivers and corrals today, but still no information on deferrals for that race weekend. This is making me even more concerned that deferrals are just going away entirely, which means I’m out $300+ for my Pixie Dust Challenge bib. :mad: UGH!

I really hope they don't get rid of deferrals. You have to sign up for these races so far in advance and so much can happen to a runner that having that option to defer is huge. Especially given the price tage of these races.

Something I've been thinking about a lot lately...my "good" proof of time races are officially "too old" to use. :sad: I have a less-good one that I'm just going to have to live with for Wine & Dine, but beyond that, I want a new, better time to use, so I was researching local races today and found a 10-miler in August that could work. Provided that race is still happening (information isn't updated for 2016 yet). This is definitely a sign that I'm feeling better, because getting a good time means I need to get faster, and that means I'll need to start up some speedwork after Tink. And speedwork seemed completely undoable to me a few weeks ago, but now, I think I'll be ready once Tink weekend is over. :)
Looking at races for a new POT is definitely a good sign. I hate running races in the dog days of summer, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Yay on being able to think about speedwork now.

I just want you all to know that it's possible that I will be famous very soon. :snooty:

We can all say we knew you when. ;)

Anyhoo...today I decided to up my running intervals to 2 minutes, and it went really well. My pace for the run intervals was 10:30/mile and I kept the walk breaks at 1:00 (1:00 walk breaks seem to be the sweet spot for me...I've tried shorter ones in the past and my body just DID NOT like that. Maybe I'll fool around with that more in the future, but for now, 1:00 seems good). Total time for this run was 24:17, 12:09/mile pace. Yay!!
That overall pace just keeps getting better and better. Way to go! Interval talk. :cloud9: It really took me an entire year of running at :30 walk breaks to adjust. I like it now, but it was not an easy switch. Now one of our running buddies is talking about running some at a :60/:20 interval. I don't think I'm up for that one.

After I did that, I called runDisney again to ask about Tink deferrals. The woman I talked to said that Tink WILL have deferrals, but that they didn't do them for Star Wars. :scratchin Sooo...what does this mean?! The woman didn't know what she was talking about and deferrals have just gone away?? Star Wars Dark Side weekend is going away, but deferrals are not, and I'll still get to defer PDC?? Who knows. Personally I'm hoping for option #2, because obviously that means I get to defer...but also, I don't think runDisney needs 2 Star Wars race weekends. Change the WDW Star Wars race weekend to a Pixar race weekend and take all of my money, runDisney...please and thanks. ::yes::
Good news on the deferral, but still concerning if other deferrals are going away. That does make me curious about Star Wars though. While I like Star Wars, the runs don't necessarily have huge theme appeal to me. Pixar would be very fun!!

Also...INKnBURN put out pants. I LOVE their pants - favorite thing they make. I never wear regular jeans anymore.

I just can't decide if I want to try the pants or not. First, I'm about out of all my blow money from everything I bought lately. Oops. And, second, I'm not sure about wearing tech fabric pants for running around. But, third, you and several others on the Facebook page just rave about this. And, then there's fourth, FOMO. I'm pathetic.

Happy Easter! Plans are to head to my uncle's house for dinner.
Happy Easter! :-)

Yay for feeling good when lifting ... that's definitely a sign that you're making great progress!
Yes it is! I am definitely feeling way better than I was a few weeks ago. :)
YES! I was waiting for this! (Because I have no interests other than other people's clothing choices)
Hey, I can't say I blame you. Clothes are fun!!
What? You give us exciting news like that and then nothing? Not cool, Shannon, not cool!
:sad: I'm soooooorry!! As soon as it goes live on the website I will post here!!
So many options! Thankfully, you still have a month or so to decide :)
Ah!! Only a month?! Woohoo!!
Yay for check-in day!
:yay: It's sort of like ADR day for Disney World. It's exciting and you sort of prepare for it...then you do it and realize you still have a ways to go until vacation time. But still exciting!
Okay, I'm going to confess something here: 75% of the reason why I want to go on a Disney cruise is for the Castaway Cay 5K. Even though I've heard people complain about it. I want to do it. So badly.
I get it - that's how I was on my first cruise. And for as much as I complain about it, I still do it (this will be my 4th time running it). And I mean - it IS free, and you do get a medallion at the end. I will have training runs scheduled on the cruise anyway so I may as well get a medallion at the end of one of them. :)
But ... no cruises for me. At least not for the foreseeable future (no Disney for me for the foreseeable future either, but that's a different issue entirely).
:sad: I hope you get some Disney in your life soon!!
It's awesome that you're feeling good enough to think about speedwork after Tink. I hope you can do the 10-mile race and get an awesome time!
I hope so too! I have one that I can use, but it is less than awesome. :confused3
If I happen to see a magazine with video from the cardio room of a hospital in the Cleveland area and I see you in the background, I'll make sure to tell everyone that I knew you before you were famous!
:rotfl2: I hope you DON'T see me in said video! I have a feeling I do not look beautiful and graceful when I run!!
Don't say that. I will never have the money to get legacy status for any race, and I can't not run a Pixar race every single year until I drop dead.
I'm really trying to save my bank account for a potential Harry Potter race at Universal (not that I think they'd ever do that). I don't need to be spending it on a Pixar race.
:ssst: Honestly I can't see myself ever getting legacy status at any runDisney race. I mean...there are so many factors that have to line up: the money and time off being there every year, no injuries (which obviously is not a guarantee for me!). I think it's amazing that people do it - especially the people that have done the marathon for all 20+ years!

A Harry Potter Race at Universal...DEAD. I would be DEAD if that happened. :faint:
Happy birthday Mr. A! I hope you guys did something fun to celebrate!
It was low-key - we went to lunch together. :) We normally don't get gifts for one another, but we do go to a nice dinner (scheduled for this weekend - partway between his birthday and mine).
It's like Clueless, but in real life.
I've been trying to do this pretty much since I got my first computer. It never goes beyond saying that I should do it, but I'm glad someone out there has.
Now if only the app was available for Android ...:mad:
EXACTLY. And that stinks that it's not available for Android! But they do have a website that you should be able to access on your computer: http://stuffnstyle.com/
I'd be lying if that didn't cross my mind when I registered....
You're one step ahead of me - I was definitely thinking about it being an inaugural race, but not about potential legacy status!
Yay on getting the standing desk. I can imagine that it will take some time to adjust. I used to work in a job (many years ago) where I was on my feet for nearly the entire day and I didn't think much about it. But, I know if I were to try and stand all day today it would be really tough. Is it pretty easy to raise and lower so that you can adjust your position without too much difficulty?
I really don't think I could stand all day! Right now I'm standing for maybe 30 minutes at a time a few times a day. Planning on working up from there.

Yeah, there are levers on either side that are pushed up and then once you push both of them up you raise the desk - then let go of the levers and it locks into place. It's not too heavy. :thumbsup2
That is so great!!! I didn't realize it has been 3 months since your pain started. Man. That is wonderful progress. Congrats on turning that corner!!!
YES. The beginning of 2016 was not great for the Ariel484 family, health-wise!! And thank you!! :teeth:
I'm impatiently waiting. ;)
You know when it goes live on the website it'll be all over the Facebook group! When I went to headquarters over Christmas I met Tani (she's mostly in charge of shipping I think) and we were talking about the Facebook group and she said they think it's so funny that they post new stuff onto the website and it's scooped up in, like, minutes...before they even send an email out or post to their Facebook page. :rotfl2: The Facebook group is on top of things!
The club gear combo is also really cute together and would be good PR for your newly-minted Ambassador status. But, of course, we need to see your other consideration to know for sure. HA!
True!! I'm hoping it'll be out in the next week or two. ::yes::
Those puppies do make it hard to leave them, don't they? I hope you guys have a wonderful cruise!!!
YES!! Just look at those big, sad eyes. He's saying, "momma, don't leave me!!" And it works!
I really hope they don't get rid of deferrals. You have to sign up for these races so far in advance and so much can happen to a runner that having that option to defer is huge. Especially given the price tage of these races.
I hope not, too. I mean...it's SO far in advance, like you said, and it's SO much money...and they don't have transfers or refunds or anything. It doesn't seem like it's hard on their end to do deferrals. :confused3 And from a monetary standpoint, you'd think they'd want to make sure the spots are filled so that as many people are there to spend money as possible. Like - I deferred my GSC spot and canceled my trip altogether, but since I deferred I assume someone else took my spot (from a TA bib or whatever) so instead of my being on property spending money, it was someone else (I could be wrong about that). And they got the transfer fee from me, and the good vibes from me because I didn't lose my entire GSC fee that I paid. Good vibes count, right?
Looking at races for a new POT is definitely a good sign. I hate running races in the dog days of summer, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Yay on being able to think about speedwork now.
UGH, me too. I also found a 10K that could work for Wine & Dine (if I get miraculously faster over the next few weeks) - July 4. Both that and the August 10K are not really attractive options but that's what I get for not training last year and getting better times. :sad2:
We can all say we knew you when. ;)
I will seriously be mortified if I'm in that video. And then I'll get over it. :teeth:
That overall pace just keeps getting better and better. Way to go! Interval talk. :cloud9: It really took me an entire year of running at :30 walk breaks to adjust. I like it now, but it was not an easy switch. Now one of our running buddies is talking about running some at a :60/:20 interval. I don't think I'm up for that one.
Ha! I know you love your interval talk!

That's interesting that it took you that long to get used to the 30-second walk breaks - this is going to sound dumb, but it didn't occur to me that there would be an adjustment period. What made you stick with it? I gave up quickly when I first tried them!

:60/:20 sounds CRAZY!! I would die!

Good news on the deferral, but still concerning if other deferrals are going away. That does make me curious about Star Wars though. While I like Star Wars, the runs don't necessarily have huge theme appeal to me. Pixar would be very fun!!
Yeah, it's like I said above - they don't leave people many options if they can't participate. I hope that the person I talked to was right.
I just can't decide if I want to try the pants or not. First, I'm about out of all my blow money from everything I bought lately. Oops. And, second, I'm not sure about wearing tech fabric pants for running around. But, third, you and several others on the Facebook page just rave about this. And, then there's fourth, FOMO. I'm pathetic.
Okay, here's my thing with the INKnBURN pants (and this is not me talking as an Ambassador, just why I like them): I HATE shopping for "real" jeans, because the last few pairs I have bought have been almost the same price, and then they either stretch out and are too big, or they rip, or it's impossible for me to find a pair that fit correctly (being somewhat short with a butt), or I can't find a pair without weird embellishments (they come with rips already in them, or they have weird buttons or whatever). Example: the last pair of jeans I bought was a pair from Lucky brand, which I had heard was a really good brand of jeans. I got them on sale, but they were still pricey - if I remember correctly they were a little more than INKnBURN's pants, but I was hoping they would be worth it (one of my BFFs told me she still had a pair she bought in high school from this brand). And when I was in the store the person working there told me that the jeans stretch out a lot, so she suggested buying a pair that was a size smaller than what I usually get, so that was weird - spending that money on a pair that didn't actually fit me in the store, if that makes sense? They did stretch out like she said...but then they didn't last me a year before I noticed they were ripping in the inner thigh (which made me feel not only angry that I'd wasted the money, but also super fat). So with the INKnBURN pair I currently have (I bought the 210s last summer) I'm coming up on just about a year owning them and they haven't stretched out or ripped, so that's a win in my book. And I wear them out to dinner and stuff and no one notices that they aren't real jeans (or if they do, they don't say so :teeth:). It's enough to make me not want to buy "real" jeans again any time soon, if ever. :confused3
EDIT: Dang, sorry...didn't mean to turn that into a novel!!

The FOMO is real - especially when you're in a fan Facebook group. It was really bad for me last year in the SparkleSkirts Facebook groups - everyone acted SO EXCITED about every new release, and it made me way more likely to buy. I totally get it!!
Happy Easter! :-)
Happy Easter to you too!! :cutie:[/QUOTE]

Ha! I know you love your interval talk!

That's interesting that it took you that long to get used to the 30-second walk breaks - this is going to sound dumb, but it didn't occur to me that there would be an adjustment period. What made you stick with it? I gave up quickly when I first tried them!

:60/:20 sounds CRAZY!! I would die!

Mostly we stuck with it because we committed ourselves to leading our Galloway pace group and that was the interval we set. How's that for forcing yourself into accountability? We felt like we had no option but to stick with it. :P But, overall, I'm glad we did it and there is no doubt we have sped up doing the 30 second break.

I have similar issues with jeans. I still mostly wear good old Levis (even though I'm sure that shows my age), and I can get them inexpensively. I also tried some Lucky jeans and they told me the same thing about buying down a size but unlike you I never felt like they stretched out enough to get comfortable and I was mad at myself for spending that much money. Maybe I should give them a try. That's the other problem with belonging to that group, I tell myself that if I buy something and don't love it, I can always sell it on there. That's not good for my pocketbook either. :sad2:

I'm going to sound like such a dork here, but when people list intervals like 60/20...which one is the run and which is the walk? I was assuming the run is the first one? I have no reason for my question only that I've always wondered and never asked.

Mostly we stuck with it because we committed ourselves to leading our Galloway pace group and that was the interval we set. How's that for forcing yourself into accountability? We felt like we had no option but to stick with it. :P But, overall, I'm glad we did it and there is no doubt we have sped up doing the 30 second break.
Hey, I mean...it made you stick with it and you ended up liking it. That's better than me, who tried it once and was like "IT'S TOO HARD!!" and gave up. :confused3 :crazy2:
I have similar issues with jeans. I still mostly wear good old Levis (even though I'm sure that shows my age), and I can get them inexpensively. I also tried some Lucky jeans and they told me the same thing about buying down a size but unlike you I never felt like they stretched out enough to get comfortable and I was mad at myself for spending that much money. Maybe I should give them a try. That's the other problem with belonging to that group, I tell myself that if I buy something and don't love it, I can always sell it on there. That's not good for my pocketbook either. :sad2:
If the Levis work and they don't cost a lot, I don't blame you for sticking with them. If I had found jeans that worked for me I possibly wouldn't have tried the InB pants. I'm sure as heck never buying Lucky jeans again, that's for sure!!

I totally do the same with "if I buy it and want to sell, it'll be no problem!" But I've got 2 things up for sale and they aren't budging - and they're both unavailable on the website. :confused3 And OMG I cannot for the life of me unload my TwilightSky SparkleSkirt!! ARRRG!
I'm going to sound like such a dork here, but when people list intervals like 60/20...which one is the run and which is the walk? I was assuming the run is the first one? I have no reason for my question only that I've always wondered and never asked.
I'm assuming 60 is the run, 20 is the walk for Gisele since I know she's normally doing 90 seconds running/30 seconds walking. But for others sometimes it's the reverse. :)

I'm assuming 60 is the run, 20 is the walk for Gisele since I know she's normally doing 90 seconds running/30 seconds walking. But for others sometimes it's the reverse. :)

Aha, ok that makes sense. I've seen them listed in reverse before and so I was not sure. I want to get my sis into running with me but I think she would prefer an interval with longer walk period than run right now. So I've been workout stalking.

Aha, ok that makes sense. I've seen them listed in reverse before and so I was not sure. I want to get my sis into running with me but I think she would prefer an interval with longer walk period than run right now. So I've been workout stalking.
Yeah I think a popular one for newer runners is run 15 seconds/walk 45 seconds, for example. If you look at Galloway's website or even some of the runDisney training plans he has them listed out. So I know what you mean!

Not to hijack Shannon's thread but I run 30 / walk 60 and maintain a 13:00mm. I will probably start doing run 30 / walk 45 to increase my time (just discovered my garmin doesn't do :15 increases, grrr). I think it will be easier to reduce my walking time than it would be to increase my run time. And I was a solid 15:00mm runner before I started doing intervals. :)

Yeah, I think Galloway pretty much always lists the run interval first and then the walk. One of our pace groups does a longer walk than run. I think they do :30/:45 or something like that. But seriously, there's no real right or wrong as far as I'm concerned with intervals. Galloway has a prescribed formula, but he's also the first to say it's okay to play around with your intervals until you find something that works.

You're one step ahead of me - I was definitely thinking about it being an inaugural race, but not about potential legacy status!

I'm not sure if it's financially possible to do it every year, but I really love the idea of it! (And I really do love Food & Wine so...) But now I'm committing myself to two races and that really takes time away from the festival! But I might try just for the sake of being "legacy" at something!

Not to hijack Shannon's thread but I run 30 / walk 60 and maintain a 13:00mm. I will probably start doing run 30 / walk 45 to increase my time (just discovered my garmin doesn't do :15 increases, grrr). I think it will be easier to reduce my walking time than it would be to increase my run time. And I was a solid 15:00mm runner before I started doing intervals. :)

You must walk really fast! I have found that my walk slows me down quite a bit. I need the 30 seconds recovery time, but I guess I am reallyl recovering! I've been working on keeping my walk more consistent! And my pet peeve is with my watch is not being able to do 15 second increments, only 30 seconds. I'm thinking I might need to upgrade!

Yeah, I think Galloway pretty much always lists the run interval first and then the walk. One of our pace groups does a longer walk than run. I think they do :30/:45 or something like that. But seriously, there's no real right or wrong as far as I'm concerned with intervals. Galloway has a prescribed formula, but he's also the first to say it's okay to play around with your intervals until you find something that works.
Yeah, when I did my first interval run back in 2012 I did run 5 seconds, walk 55 seconds for a mile. It was all I could do at the time but I didn't hate the experience so next time I did 10:50 and then 15:45 then 30:30, 1:1, 2:1 ... my sweet spot seems to be 4 minutes running 1 minute walking, if for no other reason than when I glance at my watch I know how much longer I have to go before I get a break! :lmao:I mean, I've done half marathons with no walk breaks, but both my 10k and half PRs are with the 4:1 intervals. I just like intervals. I usually have negative splits and don't feel as exhausted after a run with them than when I do one without.

Okay, here's my thing with the INKnBURN pants (and this is not me talking as an Ambassador, just why I like them): I HATE shopping for "real" jeans, because the last few pairs I have bought have been almost the same price, and then they either stretch out and are too big, or they rip, or it's impossible for me to find a pair that fit correctly (being somewhat short with a butt), or I can't find a pair without weird embellishments (they come with rips already in them, or they have weird buttons or whatever). Example: the last pair of jeans I bought was a pair from Lucky brand, which I had heard was a really good brand of jeans. I got them on sale, but they were still pricey - if I remember correctly they were a little more than INKnBURN's pants, but I was hoping they would be worth it (one of my BFFs told me she still had a pair she bought in high school from this brand). And when I was in the store the person working there told me that the jeans stretch out a lot, so she suggested buying a pair that was a size smaller than what I usually get, so that was weird - spending that money on a pair that didn't actually fit me in the store, if that makes sense? They did stretch out like she said...but then they didn't last me a year before I noticed they were ripping in the inner thigh (which made me feel not only angry that I'd wasted the money, but also super fat). So with the INKnBURN pair I currently have (I bought the 210s last summer) I'm coming up on just about a year owning them and they haven't stretched out or ripped, so that's a win in my book. And I wear them out to dinner and stuff and no one notices that they aren't real jeans (or if they do, they don't say so :teeth:). It's enough to make me not want to buy "real" jeans again any time soon, if ever. :confused3
EDIT: Dang, sorry...didn't mean to turn that into a novel!!
[/QUOTE]

This is why I wanted them. I have such a hard time finding pants that fit and I love yoga pants, so much easier to fit. I think they will be perfect and hope I can wear them to work. Yes I bought a pair on Sunday. Hopefully they fit.

On a dog note, have you thought about renting a camper that allows pets and stay at Ft Wilderness with Archie. My dogs love the fort.

You must walk really fast! I have found that my walk slows me down quite a bit. I need the 30 seconds recovery time, but I guess I am reallyl recovering! I've been working on keeping my walk more consistent! And my pet peeve is with my watch is not being able to do 15 second increments, only 30 seconds. I'm thinking I might need to upgrade!
Yeah, I think I do walk fast! Last Saturday DH decided to run my 3 miles with me and it was only his 2nd time running, ever. He is 6'2" and was leaving me behind in the running interval, but when we switched to walking I had to really slow down to stay with him. We averaged 14:20 mm's. I need to upgrade my garmin since I am training for my first marathon and I know this one's battery won't last for a full marathon but I am cheap and don't want to shell out the money until I have to lol!

I'm not sure if it's financially possible to do it every year, but I really love the idea of it! (And I really do love Food & Wine so...) But now I'm committing myself to two races and that really takes time away from the festival! But I might try just for the sake of being "legacy" at something!
I love the idea of it too, but yeah - probably not possible every year for me though. :)

This is why I wanted them. I have such a hard time finding pants that fit and I love yoga pants, so much easier to fit. I think they will be perfect and hope I can wear them to work. Yes I bought a pair on Sunday. Hopefully they fit.
YAY! I hope you love them! I'm kicking myself for not buying 2 pairs...next time I put an order in I'm going to get a second pair.
On a dog note, have you thought about renting a camper that allows pets and stay at Ft Wilderness with Archie. My dogs love the fort.
We hadn't thought about that - we did briefly entertain the thought of using the onsite pet care place (Best Friends?) but Archie is so anxious that I'm not sure he'd survive the flight to Florida! And if we had him there we'd feel so guilty leaving him that we'd probably just hang out with him all day and not go to the parks! :rotfl2:

Oh, I know what you mean. If I start strength training after a lay-off, the first few days are NOT pretty. :eek: I'm impressed that you play rugby, I am way too much of a wimp for that!!

Well… it’s not normal rugby it’s tag rugby so there is no real physical contact! I’m also far too much of a wimp for that haha! Basically the same rules except instead of tackling someone you pull their tags off!

Seriously, it's intense. They just add in extra push-ups and things here and there, stuff like that. It's soooo hard!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!! That sounds awful… no thanks… not for me… I’m happy with child pose…

That's how I was, too. I had Holly's 2009 Marathon report from WDWMagic to guide me...I wouldn't have known what to do without that!

All the trip reports also got me way more excited about the runs as well!

Yeah a non-running trip to WDW would not be the worst thing in the world! :)

It’s looking like September 2017 will be the next trip to world so unless they add to the running calendar that’s exactly what it will be. (secretly hoping)

I had a lot of time on my hands when I wasn't running over the past couple of months and it occurred to me that 2017 is an anniversary year for the half, sooooo...I want that anniversary bling! :teeth:

Oh I didn’t realise that! Pretty cool… gotta love anniversary bling!

WOOHOOOOO you too! Did you do anything special?! I just went to work. :upsidedow

No… It’s a bank holiday in Ireland so all of my family were off but I live in London now… so I was also at work… Boo

So normally I don't have much of an update on lifting days, but today was actually a really good one. I thought my legs felt much stronger today, and I didn't feel nearly as much stiffness in my upper ankle/lower calf today, which was SO awesome. It's the most normal I've felt in weeks, and I am in such a better mood because of it! I just feel a lot stronger lately (which is funny coming on the heels of my up-and-down run on Saturday). Hopefully that stronger feeling will continue to translate to running soon!

Well done!! Your lifting is going so well lately!

Also, this arrived today - the standing desk!

Up (standing position)
25987126511_8b057c1957_z.jpg

Down (while sitting)
25960940812_9e3c1ddefd_z.jpg

Ooooooooh! This looks pretty cool! Do you find your legs get tired at all from all the standing? It’s great you have the sitting option too.

AND NOW...A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT I KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR WITH BATED BREATH*...

The suspense is KILLING me!! :jumping3:

Yet another option is the Club shorts with the March Club item - the Redline Singlet done in Keith Haring-inspired art. I've ordered this but don't have it yet.
25450909073_69cdfd079c_z.jpg

LOVE THESE SHORTS!!!!

ALSO...I've already mentioned it...Wine & Dine registration was (finally) today! I am IN for the 5K and Lumiere’s Two-Course Challenge! Random aside - I've done a decent number of runDisney races, but this will be my first-ever inaugural event with them. I hope everything goes smoothly...the only other inaugural race I've done was a local 5K where I trained specifically to set a new PR, and the course measured at, like, 2.83 miles. :rolleyes2 Not impressed.

I legit searched for flights and accommodation AGAIN today for this run… So tempting but it would probably be a solo trip and just isn’t worth it… sadness :guilty:

Anyway...as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I freaked myself out over registering Mr. A, so I'll have to do that next week. Though, really...I was fumbling around on my phone and was so nervous that everything would fill immediately (turned out to be right about that! :eek:) that I'm not sure I could have had my wits about me enough to get us both registered simultaneously - which is what I would have had to have done, because by the time my challenge registration was done, the 10K was on hold and never came back off. But I was able to get both of my registrations done, so now I just need the 10K next week.

I simultaneously registered myself and my sister for Dopey and got both of our birth dates wrong… it was SO STRESSFUL… I think you did the right thing! Good luck with registration today!

AND LASTLY...today was online check-in day for my and Mr. A's summer cruise! :banana: We originally had a 7-night Eastern Caribbean booked on the Fantasy, but after our long California trip, we decided we didn’t want to be away from the dog again for that long, so we downgraded to a 4-night Dream cruise. That's right, the dog dictates our vacation plans (there were other factors too, but I'm not gonna lie...the monster was the biggest thing!).

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON I would love to go on a cruise!!!

So we're checked in with our Port Arrival Time chosen and 2 Palo meals booked (1 brunch, 1 dinner). And I'll be sweating it out on Castaway Cay yet again during the Castaway Cay 5K (Mr. A was a 1-and-done on that one!). I HATE that race, but they did change the medallion this year…:upsidedow

Hahaha anything for a new bit of bling!!

Something I've been thinking about a lot lately...my "good" proof of time races are officially "too old" to use. :sad: I have a less-good one that I'm just going to have to live with for Wine & Dine, but beyond that, I want a new, better time to use, so I was researching local races today and found a 10-miler in August that could work. Provided that race is still happening (information isn't updated for 2016 yet). This is definitely a sign that I'm feeling better, because getting a good time means I need to get faster, and that means I'll need to start up some speedwork after Tink. And speedwork seemed completely undoable to me a few weeks ago, but now, I think I'll be ready once Tink weekend is over. :)

Speedwork… probably my least favourite running word! I never really did a lot of it but what I did I really didn’t like! I’m going to have to suck it up though because I really want to work on improving my times over the summer. I’m very interested to see what you decide to add into your program after Tink!

Also...Happy National Puppy Day! Behold the monster at 6 months old...I think we'd had him for a week or so. Blurry, but you get the idea. :lovestruc
26027846096_782f12c819_z.jpg

TOOOOO CUTE!!! :teeth:

I just want you all to know that it's possible that I will be famous very soon. :snooty:

I think I have mentioned that I work in a hospital - today, the head "wellness" guy was putzing around the cardio room asking people questions about health and wellness as part of some video in collaboration with a national magazine (would rather not say the magazine because I'd rather not say where I work. :)). He didn't interview me (which I was pleased about - it was early, and I was sweaty and had no makeup on...and I really didn't feel like getting my run interrupted. I feel like that's rec center etiquette or something - don't interrupt someone on the treadmill unless it's an emergency!), but it's possible I'll be in the background grinding it out on the treadmill since he did interview the person next to me. Here's hoping I look like a bada** gazelle and not like I'm gasping for air the entire time! So yeah...if I'm in that video, you can say you knew me back when! No pictures, please...I'm just trying to live my life. :snooty:

Hahaha… Ain’t no escaping the paparazzi now!

Tonight was Archie's annual check-up, and he was due to get shots. I'm not sure who was more upset about that, him or me and Mr. A. :sad: Poor little man!! But he got an overall thumbs up from the vet, so that's all that matters.

YAH!!! So happy he’s doing well… he is adorable!

After I did that, I called runDisney again to ask about Tink deferrals. The woman I talked to said that Tink WILL have deferrals, but that they didn't do them for Star Wars. :scratchin Sooo...what does this mean?! The woman didn't know what she was talking about and deferrals have just gone away?? Star Wars Dark Side weekend is going away, but deferrals are not, and I'll still get to defer PDC?? Who knows. Personally I'm hoping for option #2, because obviously that means I get to defer...but also, I don't think runDisney needs 2 Star Wars race weekends. Change the WDW Star Wars race weekend to a Pixar race weekend and take all of my money, runDisney...please and thanks. ::yes::

I can’t say I’d like to see them get rid of the dark side… so much cooler than the Disneyland light side run BUT I do agree that there should be something Pixar themed! There is a big opening for something before Wine and Dine, I would love a September half!

Well… it’s not normal rugby it’s tag rugby so there is no real physical contact! I’m also far too much of a wimp for that haha! Basically the same rules except instead of tackling someone you pull their tags off!
That's still way more than I would do - still impressive to me!
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!! That sounds awful… no thanks… not for me… I’m happy with child pose…
Yeah!! And, like, extra planks, extra lunges...just extra of everything. It's no joke!
All the trip reports also got me way more excited about the runs as well!
YES. And it was so hopeful to see things from a normal person's perspective.
It’s looking like September 2017 will be the next trip to world so unless they add to the running calendar that’s exactly what it will be. (secretly hoping)
Eeeek, fingers crossed! September may be too warm though?
Oh I didn’t realise that! Pretty cool… gotta love anniversary bling!
I'm a sucker for anniversary bling. :teeth:
No… It’s a bank holiday in Ireland so all of my family were off but I live in London now… so I was also at work… Boo
haha, probably smart to make it a bank holiday in Ireland.
Well done!! Your lifting is going so well lately!
Thanks! :) I'm pleased with myself for sticking with it!
Ooooooooh! This looks pretty cool! Do you find your legs get tired at all from all the standing? It’s great you have the sitting option too.
My legs, no - my back, yes. My lower back gets sore after awhile and that's when I have to sit again
The suspense is KILLING me!! :jumping3:
Haha, this may be way too much build-up! :upsidedow
LOVE THESE SHORTS!!!!
Me too! They go with everything!
I legit searched for flights and accommodation AGAIN today for this run… So tempting but it would probably be a solo trip and just isn’t worth it… sadness :guilty:
I'm tempted by every run, so I totally get it. :(
I simultaneously registered myself and my sister for Dopey and got both of our birth dates wrong… it was SO STRESSFUL… I think you did the right thing! Good luck with registration today!
ACK!! But at least you guys got in!

Less than 15 minutes to go! :eek:

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON I would love to go on a cruise!!!
They are soooo nice. We still get some Disney, but it's way more relaxing.
Hahaha anything for a new bit of bling!!
Exactly!!
Speedwork… probably my least favourite running word! I never really did a lot of it but what I did I really didn’t like! I’m going to have to suck it up though because I really want to work on improving my times over the summer. I’m very interested to see what you decide to add into your program after Tink!
I don't mind speedwork but I HATE tempo runs - I think those are the worst!!!
TOOOOO CUTE!!! :teeth:
:teeth: I agree!!
Hahaha… Ain’t no escaping the paparazzi now!
Nooooo hahaha!!
YAH!!! So happy he’s doing well… he is adorable!
Yep, he's got a clean bill of health. No complaints here!!
I can’t say I’d like to see them get rid of the dark side… so much cooler than the Disneyland light side run BUT I do agree that there should be something Pixar themed! There is a big opening for something before Wine and Dine, I would love a September half!
Or they could do a dark side race and a light side race in the same race weekend. We'll see...I could be totally wrong about that race weekend going away! :confused3

Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend Trip - REGISTERED (completely)!!

Mr. A is IN for the 10K! And not a moment too soon, as the race went ON HOLD in just about 12 minutes!

This was my first time registering for a runDisney race and getting the "you are in the queue" screen - I clicked on the link at 11:59AM EST and panicked - the queue screen just looked super...fake to me, I guess? I opened about 4 tabs more to check and was relieved to see that others on the Wine & Dine thread were seeing the same thing!

I waited for my progress to update (visualized on the screen as a little guy walking along a progress bar that filled green as I made my way through the queue) and once it was my turn, the screen updated and I had 15 minutes to complete the registration. I was done by 12:05PM EST and am now 10000% more excited for our trip! Woohoo!!

But MAN...that was stressful. I need a drink! :crazy2: :drinking1

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter