• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Yeah, Cubs vs Sox seems to have been more heated back before the Sox won a world series. I think both teams wanted to be the first to win again after a bajillion years. After the Sox won in 2005 I feel like a lot of Sox fans "softened" and were more "capable" of rooting for the Cubs to get their big win.
I've always been a Sox fan first just due to geography and nostalgia for the home field I went to most often growing up, but I've never been a Cubs hater.
All of that makes sense. Now that you mention it, I remember Mr. A telling me that it was a geography thing. :)

I've never been a Cubs hater but it's very possible I will turn into one next week...:eek:
My Ohio family are all big time Reds fans, but we still went to Indian games growing up too :)
Huzzah! :yay:
A lot of very tired next days lol! Actually I have DirectTV Extra Innings so I get the mlb package free online. I can watch the games 1 hour after they are played so I can watch them the next day online. But usually I watch until 11:00pm and then DVR the rest. Then if we win I watch the rest of the game the next day, before the new game comes on. If we lose I delete it,lol!
I always love when we play on the east coast or Midwest!
UGH, the MLB Package! I'm a little mad at them because we tried to get rid of cable and not getting baseball was the one big hurdle that has kept us from being able to "cut the cord" since the MLB.tv thing doesn't work for home games. :mad: Seems perfect for you though!
I gotta say, I'm not super impressed with the course for the half. I don't like that it's only 2 parks when it used to be 3.
Agreed! I knew we weren't getting DHS due to the construction, and I feel like I should probably stop whining...but they could have done better than this!
Also ... I've decided that October baseball isn't happening this year. If the Yankees aren't in it, it doesn't count.
I don't know why I took so long to reach this conclusion, but ... whatever.
I understand - October baseball almost never happens for me!
Yay!! Go tribe! Good game! :)
Congrats on the Indians game!
Congrats on the Indians win! (I say this despite having personally cancelled the playoffs :))
YAY!!!! :yay: :cool1::cheer2::banana::jumping1::dancer::dance3::lovestruc:worship:

OMG DYING :sad: <-- happy tears

WINDIANS and some INK!

Okay, so first of all - WE'RE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!! :faint:
30151596430_d621429f79_z.jpg

I am not exaggerating when I say that I have been waiting for this for almost 20 years (man do I feel old). The Tribe hasn't been in the World Series since 1997 - I was a wee 13-year-old when they lost in 7 games (after also losing in the '95 series). Friggin Jose Mesa, man. :sad:

Unfortunately "we" refers to just, you know, the actual members of the team...Mr. A and I will be watching from home. My cousin is an accountant with the Indians and sent me an early access link for World Series tickets - I had 3 in my cart for Game 2 (one for me, one for Mr. A and one for my brother Princess Craiggy) and just couldn't bring myself to buy them. The prices for tickets in the same section we'd just been in for the ALCS game had increased quite a bit more than I expected - 2.5 times more expensive! So I let the tickets go. I feel like I may regret it, but we got to go to 3 great play-off games and have a lot of Disney coming up, and I have yet to find a money tree, soooo...between the ticket costs, parking, camp for the monster while we were at the game, food, etc., it was just too much.

But STILL...WORLD SERIES. AHHHH!!!! :yay:

While walking the monster yesterday, Mr. A pointed out that if the series goes to 7 games, game 7 will be on November 2...and guess what that means??? :eek:

We will potentially be in Florida for Game 7...AGAIN. :faint: Just like with the Cavs!!! You have got to be kidding me!! Actually, I'll be in Disney and Mr. A will be flying to MCO (OH MAN was he not happy when he realized this! :faint: For the first time ever, he'll splurge for an in-flight internet package if Game 7 happens!). Hopefully the Indians will sweep the Cubs/Dodgers (not gonna lie, I'm rooting for the Dodgers in the NLCS because I think we have a better chance of sweeping them!) and we can just frolick around Disney in celebratory fashion. Make it happen, Tito!!

Alright, so more good things...INK!

First of all...there is a one-day pre-order - today only - for this Monarch Pullover. I LOVE the pullovers (I have 3 - this will be my 4th) and am SO excited for this one. The pullovers are a heavier material (almost fleece-y on the inside) and they have thumbholes - perfect for cold-weather running.

I think the other reason why I am excited about this pullover is because this is something that INKnBURN fans have been asking for, for the past few weeks/months - this exact pullover. This Monarch design came out last year as a short-sleeved tech shirt, and a few people in the Facebook fan groups have been saying that it would look awesome as a pullover (myself included). So I really love that INKnBURN actually reads what we have to say and will sometimes come out with what we've been asking for (same thing happened with the Cable Knit capris as part of this year's holiday kit - I had been not-so-subtly hinting that blue cable knit bottoms would be pretty awesome, and voila! :teeth:).

HOLY CRAP this picture is gigantic! But I don't even care because it's so pretty! :lovestruc
Monarch-pullover-front__37122.1476903307.1280.1280.jpg

Also, I got my ISO kit in the mail on Monday. Baseball has been distracting me from trying it on until yesterday (these pictures were taken very quickly in between innings! :teeth:). I love it! I still think I'll go with Kimono for the Wine & Dine half (leaving 2 weeks from yesterday, eek!) but I love the blues on this top, and I'll get a ton of use out of the ISO skirt!
30139390440_f31bacd194_z.jpg

Monster!
30400137616_f8febea540_z.jpg

To say I am in a good mood today is an understatement. World Series, this friggin amazing pullover, the ISO kit, my run this morning was pretty good (3 miles today, 6 tomorrow, 12 on Saturday for some Wine & Dine practice :eek:), less than 2 weeks until Disney...:wizard: Hooray!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Woohoo for your Windians!!! I confess that I'm not much of a baseball fan - football is my thing - but I do always enjoy the run up to the World Series. So congrats to your team. :cool1:

I managed to resist the lure of the ISO set (even though seeing it on you now has me rethinking - and Monster Pup sighting YAY!) but I'm telling myself it was destiny because I needed to say my money for that MONARCH PULLOVER. :butterfly When I opened the email this morning, I actually squealed out loud. I'm on the ISO for the Monarch tech shirt. So when I saw that email I was so freaking happy. I ordered it quickly before I could have any second thoughts. So stoked to get it!!!

Woohoo for your Windians!!! I confess that I'm not much of a baseball fan - football is my thing - but I do always enjoy the run up to the World Series. So congrats to your team. :cool1:
Haha, thanks. I think it's funny that I've gotten congrats...I did work very hard to get the team to the World Series, you know! :snooty:

(But thanks, I do appreciate it! :teeth:)

I managed to resist the lure of the ISO set (even though seeing it on you now has me rethinking - and Monster Pup sighting YAY!) but I'm telling myself it was destiny because I needed to say my money for that MONARCH PULLOVER. :butterfly When I opened the email this morning, I actually squealed out loud. I'm on the ISO for the Monarch tech shirt. So when I saw that email I was so freaking happy. I ordered it quickly before I could have any second thoughts. So stoked to get it!!!
I probably need more Monster Pup in this thread :scratchin

I swear my exact reaction when I opened my email this morning was "HOLY BLEEP!" :yay: I am SO FREAKING EXCITED!! :hyper: I knew you would understand! :butterfly

Yay Indians! Harry Doyle is doing a lot of drinking hahaha! (Bob Uecker is the best).

I have to say I'm pulling for Cubs vs Indians because I think that would be an awesome series.

Yay Indians! Harry Doyle is doing a lot of drinking hahaha! (Bob Uecker is the best).
You know...I've never actually watched those movies. I probably should!
I have to say I'm pulling for Cubs vs Indians because I think that would be an awesome series.
Any other year I would be rooting for the Cubs...ANY OTHER YEAR. This year it's all about the C-L-E! :teeth:

That is a crazy coincidence that you may be in Florida for another game 7- I hope for your sake that it is a sweep (though my Dad has been a hard core Dodgers fan since they were in Brooklyn, so if they end up going to the World Series, I may wish for Dad's happiness as well ;) )

And I'm going to take the plunge and buy my second InkNBurn right now. That pullover is beautiful!!

Congrats on the series!
Sorry to hear you won't make it to the world series ... but it's still pretty awesome that you got to see some games in the earlier series. I'm super jealous (I've never been to a playoff baseball game).

I saw the InB Monarch pullover ... and I really almost bought it. But then I remembered that the stupid government expects me to pay my student loans :(
It's so beautiful ... I can't wait to see how it looks on you!

Also ... I love the ISO kit. It actually kinda reminds me a little bit of Spaceship Earth ... so totally appropriate for a future Disney race!

You know...I've never actually watched those movies. I probably should!
Stop what you're doing and watch major league right now!

Yes. This. Major League is a must-watch movie.

I swore no more running clothes (or any clothes) until at least 2017 but that monarch pullover was too pretty to resist. I justified it with my March marathon and the fact that they've predicted a cold, snowy winter. Best to be prepared! :teeth:

So exciting for you and Mr. A! And figures that we'd end up scheduling a college visit in the middle of the World Series! Arriving CLE Wednesday . . . and then driving back through Chicago on Friday night. At least it will all be wrapped up by the time we head to L.A. for the next college visit in November!

Congrats to Cleveland!! What a great year your city is having! I'm a Braves fan so I remember the '95 series...we have been an embarrassment to baseball lately but that excitement that captures the city is so fun!
:love: Truly, that monarch pullover is just stunning!! I ordered one and can't wait to get it! I LOVE that InknBurn listens to its fans!
The half course is about as meh as it gets...barely any park time! No world showcase even??? I feel like Wine and Dine is still trying to figure it out! I'm sure it will still be fun, but c'mon rD!

Ugh - I feel you on playoff tickets. Since we're season ticket holders, if we want playoff tickets we have to pay UPFRONT for every possible playoff game that could be held. DS tickets were $30, CS tickets went up to $75 and World Series? $150! And, as is usual, I only got to use two of them. #WompWomp

That said, here is me with the Rick Vaughn hot dog from last year!
IMG_9665.JPG

Well the WINDIANS get the cursed cubbies. I never mentioned this but I actually have a friend who's God parents are the owners of the Indians and her brother works in the front office. If the series goes to 6 and 7 they are flying out to Cleveland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter