• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

I promise to post more, but I have to chime in with my input on the goofy medal. It's not a gear...it's a peanut butter cup! Obviously :)
That makes it WAY better!
Love your W&D outfits! And super jealous of your Goofy-to-Dopey move! If I had a bunch more vacation days, I'd be all over marathon weekend. The marathon medal is fantastic!
Thanks!

I LOVE the marathon medal too. I love retro Disney stuff. :)
So glad you're back posting in here occasionally! I missed your updates. I'm glad things are going better, and awesome on transferring to Dopey! I could never do Dopey (the thought of a marathon the day after a half marathon is terrifying to me) but I admire those who do it. Your INKnBURN outfits for Wine and Dine weekend look nice. Too bad this year's Christmas ones probably won't come in time - that shirt is adorable!
Doing a challenge is not much tougher than doing the marathon...hardest part for me is the multiple wake-ups in a row, and I think the mental challenge of it all - it's definitely intimidating!

I HOPE that the new Christmas stuff gets to me in time, but I am not banking on it. I have a good back-up, at least!
I loooooove the Donald one because of its funky shape. It's like the medal is ready to throw a tantrum at any moment- very Donald! And the fact that it's not a circle just adds to it for me. So excited for you! I wish the sign ups hadn't been during my I super duper hate running phase or I would have seriously thought about it. Oh well. I hadn't signed up for Avengers for pretty much the same reason but managed to snag the challenge for half off yesterday so I guess I'm doing that one again! Lol
I think the Donald medal will grab me more in person...I seem to always like the medals more once I actually have them around my neck! :) You're totally right about it being a different shape though - that definitely makes it stand out, as it should since it's the anniversary medal.

That is crazy how much they are discounting the Avengers registrations, I'm glad you were able to take advantage!! :yay:
I know I said it on FB, but I love the yellow and blue combo for you InB. I'm oddly fascinated by the doesnit match thread but some of the combos hurt my poor eyeballs! This combo is so on point.
I'm so dumb, I totally did not put it together that that was you! :upsidedow Combos are definitely hit-or-miss, and I hear you on some of them being...a little less-than-pleasant to look at. As INKnBURN fans I think we need to be comfortabel mixing patterns and sometimes that gets a little dicey. I think this one is of the better once I have come up with lately...I love those capris but I do sometimes have trouble figure out what to wear with them, :confused3
Is nice that you'll do some heck ins for this thread. I'm far too lazy to look up new things to read on Dis. And I'm glad the running is going better. Keep on keeping on!
:rotfl2: I LOL'd at the bolded part. Glad things are going better for you too (I assume they are since you signed up for Avengers).
Glad my monthly update gave you a format you would like for a less intensive update! The weekly (when I've done that in pre-trip reports) just drains especially when you aren't in a good place.
So agree. It was getting really old just saying over and over again how slow I felt. And I feel like even though I am doing better now, it'll still get old reading "I ran on the treadmill today" or something similar. :)
Running is such a mental sport but I'm glad you are in a better place now!
Me too! :worship:
That pluto metal is adorable! I love that they are metal finally.
Ahhh, me too! About time for what we pay for those 5Ks!
Yay!! Happy you'll be posting some again. Looks like training is going well. I'm so happy you are able to get back to some normal training again.
Me too! I feel like I am getting back in my groove. :)
Love your planned outfits and great idea to modify the circuit shirt into a tank.
I am happy with the tank but it was NOT CHEAP to do that alteration...I sent it out to someone that came highly recommended and that cost $50 (!!). And what she did got it most of the way there but it was too big when it came back. I ended up taking it to a local place (who I first went to but they refused to do the entire alteration) to get some adjustments made and that was another $20. So it more than doubled the price of the shirt. :crazy2: Not doing that again!! :faint:

Welcome back! I will say that I'm with Mr. A in that I'm nervous about you doing Dopey (but I didn't realize you were doing Goofy before, so you're probably fine)! Good luck!

I agree with you about the medals for the most part, although the only one I really like is the 5k. I also love that the marathon is a Mickey head, but something about it just seems cheap :-)confused3). I don't know what it is. I have zero FOMO when it comes to this race weekend!

I hate that Dopey is always so shiny. He is a difficult shape to decipher as it is, and the shininess does not help that at all. I have a Dopey 48.6 sticker on my car with an outline of Dopey and no one knows what it is (which is actually kind of why I picked it :earboy2:).

Yay! Happy to see a post from you! :) Your Wine and Dine outfits are so great!!! That kimono outfit is to die for! Also, happy that you are in a better mental state with your running! We all have thought you were amazing with your dedication to your recovery and getting back to running, but sometimes it's see it when its yourself.

The mickey marathon medal is definitely my favorite! That thing is awesome. So fun to think of all the races you will now do in January!

Oh, and forgot to give my .02 on the medals. LOVE the marathon medal. Not loving Donald. I like the idea of making it different, but the design just isn't doing it for me. Stupid maybe, but I was really wanting a spinner to go with my marathon and Goofy spinners. Oh well, whatcha gonna do? I actually like the Goofy one though. Not as much as Mickey, but I do like it. It also feels a little retro to me for some reason.

Welcome back! I will say that I'm with Mr. A in that I'm nervous about you doing Dopey (but I didn't realize you were doing Goofy before, so you're probably fine)! Good luck!
Thanks for the welcome!

I am a little nervous too, but mostly excited! :)
I agree with you about the medals for the most part, although the only one I really like is the 5k. I also love that the marathon is a Mickey head, but something about it just seems cheap :-)confused3). I don't know what it is. I have zero FOMO when it comes to this race weekend!
I looooove the 5K medal. The 5K is always so cute to me - they have cute mile markers and the medallions in the past have been cute. Cute cute cute.
I hate that Dopey is always so shiny. He is a difficult shape to decipher as it is, and the shininess does not help that at all. I have a Dopey 48.6 sticker on my car with an outline of Dopey and no one knows what it is (which is actually kind of why I picked it :earboy2:).
He is TOTALLY too shiny. I'm thinking it'll look better in person, but still...
Yay! Happy to see a post from you! :)
Thanks! :yay:
Your Wine and Dine outfits are so great!!! That kimono outfit is to die for! Also, happy that you are in a better mental state with your running! We all have thought you were amazing with your dedication to your recovery and getting back to running, but sometimes it's see it when its yourself.
Thank you so much for saying that, I appreciate it. I think a break from posting was good for me to sort of reflect and get myself back to where I need to be. :thumbsup2

Kimono arrives TODAY! Eek!
The mickey marathon medal is definitely my favorite! That thing is awesome. So fun to think of all the races you will now do in January!
I agree - the marathon medal is normalyl my favorite, probably because Mickey and Minnie are my favorites! :)
Oh, and forgot to give my .02 on the medals. LOVE the marathon medal. Not loving Donald. I like the idea of making it different, but the design just isn't doing it for me. Stupid maybe, but I was really wanting a spinner to go with my marathon and Goofy spinners. Oh well, whatcha gonna do? I actually like the Goofy one though. Not as much as Mickey, but I do like it. It also feels a little retro to me for some reason.
I am telling myself that Donald will look better in person...:confused3 I didn't like the diamond-shaped Disneyland Half Marathon medal when they released the concept art of that one and then ended up liking it better in person, so I'm hoping for a similar outcome here! A spinner would have been really cool. I mean, I'll still take it when they give it to me, obviously...:upsidedow

I do agree about Goofy having a more retro feel, and I can definitely appreciate that from the big Goof. ::yes::

Shopping Update!!

3 shopping updates in this post! 2 running-related, 1 Disney-related...

Running update #1: My INKnBURN Kimono kit - aka my outfit for the Wine & Dine Half marathon - arrived yesterday! :banana:

30110900955_9ab6392976_z.jpg

I'll be taking it for a test run on Friday or Saturday to make sure I'm good to go for the half - nothing new on race day! I'm excited about it...I think it's super pretty. :) Just need to pick out a Sweaty Band to go with it...:scratchin

Running update #2: New shoes! After September's 10-miler, my shoes went right into the recycling and I opened a new pair (wearing in above picture). This pair currently only has 71 miles on it, so it should last me for another couple of months...hoping to get 350-500 miles out of it. Actually I think that should take me to my Dopey taper? :scratchin

Anyway...I got an email yesterday that Brooks is retiring the Adrenaline 16s (I assume to get ready to release the 17s soon), so the 16s are discounted! :banana: And Brooks has free shipping. :banana: I grabbed 2 pairs and will continue to check back to see if the prices drop any further on either the Brooks site or on RunningWarehouse.com. The 16s have worked really well for me this year, so I wouldn't mind stocking up on a few pairs. Always makes me nervous when Brooks changes up the Adrenalines (the 14s were perfect, the 15s were a DISASTER, and the 16s have gone back to perfect...eeeek). :worried:

29483732284_1877b25a83_z.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to rotate one of these new pairs in to use for Wine & Dine (I mean...do either of them match my outfit?! :scratchin)...if I did I'd likely use my current pair for the 5K/10K and the new pair for the half. I'll definitely want multiple pairs of shoes for Dopey, though.

Disney update: When I went to Disney with my BFFs at the end of August, one BFF was wearing the CUTEST Disney t-shirts. I asked where she got them and was introduced to my newest Disney obsession - Happily Ever Tees! This is a website run by a graphic designer and her husband. She makes really cute Disney designs and handles the marketing, social media, etc., while he prints the designs on vinyl decals, posters, and t-shirts.

One thing that struck me when I was in Disney is how pricey things have gotten...I love me some Disney t-shirts, but they can cost up to $40 and none of the designs were really jumping out at me. There seems to be a big market for people starting businesses that print Disney-related tops (how this is legal, I have no idea :confused3) and oftentimes they are - to me - better quality, more creative, and cheaper than what you'd find at Disney!

So yeah, HET is my new obsession! They normally release 1-2 designs per week and I'm basically waiting at my computer ready to pounce when the site goes live each Monday - they almost always sell out in minutes.

Here are some shirts I have scored recently:

30028143541_d3934b55f2_z.jpg

Top from left: Coffee with the Fab Five (just ordered this yesterday - two of my favorite things on one shirt, must-have) and Wishes (just received in the mail yesterday...unfortunately my top got mixed up with someone else's - I got someone's XS and they got my small - so I'm waiting to see how they want us to exchange them. I tried on the XS just to see how it fit and it was NOT a good look :eek:)

Bottom from left: To Infinity and Beyond, Best Day Ever

I also have 2 Beauty and the Beast-related tops and one other Tangled-related top but couldn't find nice pictures of them (yes, all of that since the end of August...I have issues :teeth:). My one small issue is that most of these tops are unisex sizing, which is not really what I would prefer - but they are SO cute and SO comfortable that I can let it slide. Highly recommend!

Future Disney Shopping Update: Harveys will be releasing this year's Nightmare Before Christmas collection on the 15th. :hyper: I am hoping for a wallet!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the tip about the Brooks Adrenalines sale! I had already been thinking about getting a new pair ... but this made the decision much easier :)

Hi!! You're back! I totally get the missing writing thing (secret: I have that too sometimes and occasionally think about updating my journal, but then most of the time I talk myself out of it ... but that's totally irrelevant. I blame my rambling on the fact that it's 1am).

I love hearing/reading that you're getting back into a good rhythm! I know this whole situation has been so frustrating for you, and you've been doing a great job trying to stay positive, and I love seeing that positivity continue and that you're getting some great results!

I love this year's InB Christmas stuff. Last year's is cute too ... but I think this year's is way cuter. You definitely need to wear them for something!

Agreed on the medals not looking cohesive at all. It's just so random. I actually don't love any of them. I like Dopey (even though it's kinda no-frills), I like the 5K, and I like the kids, but meh on the rest. I actually don't like the marathon one (I think I'm the only one) ... my personal taste in medals skews a little less retro.

I love the new kimono kit ... so cute!! Definitely has a "kimono" feel. And yay for new shoes!

I discovered recently that there are a lot of amazing Disney-inspired shirts out there on etsy and whatnot. People are amazingly creative ... way better than what you get at Disney sometimes.

Also ... unrelated comment ... have you watched any Luke Cage yet? I'm three episodes in. The plan is to try to watch an episode every other day, so hopefully I'll be done towards the end of the month. So far, I really like it ... but for some reason the fact that the episode are actually almost a full hour is really throwing me off.

<me leaving disboards to shop at Happily Ever Tees> Super cute!! :thanks:
Gahhh right?

I'm getting a little concerned that I haven't heard what to do on how to exchange my Wishes shirt - I was so excited for that one so I hope it's an easy fix!
Thank you so much for the tip about the Brooks Adrenalines sale! I had already been thinking about getting a new pair ... but this made the decision much easier :)
:thumbsup2 You got it! I'm hoping for at least another pair or two before my size runs out.
Hi!! You're back! I totally get the missing writing thing (secret: I have that too sometimes and occasionally think about updating my journal, but then most of the time I talk myself out of it ... but that's totally irrelevant. I blame my rambling on the fact that it's 1am).
Hi!!! :wave:

I'm definitely going to pull back more but I just have so many thoughts to blab about! :rotfl2:
I love hearing/reading that you're getting back into a good rhythm! I know this whole situation has been so frustrating for you, and you've been doing a great job trying to stay positive, and I love seeing that positivity continue and that you're getting some great results!
Thanks! :yay: I am happy to be able to report some positives for a change!
I love this year's InB Christmas stuff. Last year's is cute too ... but I think this year's is way cuter. You definitely need to wear them for something!
OMG I LOVE. They made grey cable knit tights in 2014 (I have a pair that they are awesome) and I was hoping last year they would do cable knit tights again, either in red, green or royal blue - and then these capris came along! INKnBURN clearly reads my wish list. :wizard:
Agreed on the medals not looking cohesive at all. It's just so random. I actually don't love any of them. I like Dopey (even though it's kinda no-frills), I like the 5K, and I like the kids, but meh on the rest. I actually don't like the marathon one (I think I'm the only one) ... my personal taste in medals skews a little less retro.
Right? I mean...they don't have to look like a *set* I guess, but it's just all over the place!

I always think they do the best job on the kids medallions. They had a Steamboat Willie one a yeat or two ago and I basically died over it. The kids races medallion for Wine & Dine weekend is Chip & Dale wearing scarves and it's the cutest thing ever.
I love the new kimono kit ... so cute!! Definitely has a "kimono" feel. And yay for new shoes!
Yay for shopping!! :yay:
I discovered recently that there are a lot of amazing Disney-inspired shirts out there on etsy and whatnot. People are amazingly creative ... way better than what you get at Disney sometimes.
Yes they are! And I feel like some of the designs of the etsy people are a little...fresher, I guess? I feel like that sounds weird to say, but they just think outside of the box more (probably are forced to in a way so they don't get in legal trouble by using certain images) and probably have a little better idea of what we, their customers, would like because they actually interact with us on social media and whatnot. They mix it up a little more than Disney does.
Also ... unrelated comment ... have you watched any Luke Cage yet? I'm three episodes in. The plan is to try to watch an episode every other day, so hopefully I'll be done towards the end of the month. So far, I really like it ... but for some reason the fact that the episode are actually almost a full hour is really throwing me off.
Yes I have! :yay: We are 5-6 episodes in but have gotten distracted by other things lately (playoff baseball, Dancing With The Stars - Laurie Hernandez!!!, Brooklyn Nine-Nine). It took me a couple of episodes to get into it, but I definitely like the show. I think I like Jessica Jones a little better overall, but I do like this show better than Daredevil. I do think Cottonmouth is the least interesting villain out of the 3 so far, though (though the actor is doing a great job). And I LOVE the music in the show when they feature the performers at the club.

I saw that Iron Fist (the 4th in the Defenders series) is coming out May 2017. :thumbsup2 Marking the calendar for that one. I'll be really curious to see how all 4 of the heroes come together, so far we've only seen Jessica Jones and Luke Cage interact ON Jessica Jones (maybe she will pop up in this show at some point?)...but I like seeing some of the other side characters from the show cross over. That has been fun.

Yes I have! :yay: We are 5-6 episodes in but have gotten distracted by other things lately (playoff baseball, Dancing With The Stars - Laurie Hernandez!!!, Brooklyn Nine-Nine). It took me a couple of episodes to get into it, but I definitely like the show. I think I like Jessica Jones a little better overall, but I do like this show better than Daredevil. I do think Cottonmouth is the least interesting villain out of the 3 so far, though (though the actor is doing a great job). And I LOVE the music in the show when they feature the performers at the club.
Sorry, I have to chime in :)
I LOVED Luke Cage on Jessica Jones, but have been a little afraid to watch his series. How intense is the violence? I completely avoided Daredevil for this reason, but yours and @SarahDisney's good reviews are making me want to try it out!
Also, Laurie Hernandez's MJ dance was EVERYTHING!

Sorry, I have to chime in :)
I LOVED Luke Cage on Jessica Jones, but have been a little afraid to watch his series. How intense is the violence? I completely avoided Daredevil for this reason, but yours and @SarahDisney's good reviews are making me want to try it out!
So far (again, only 6 episodes in), it is nowhere NEAR as violent as the other two series. There were a couple of slightly uncomfortable moments but not at all like Daredevil (which I think is the most violent of the 3) or even Jessica Jones.
Also, Laurie Hernandez's MJ dance was EVERYTHING!
SHE is everything!! That dance gave me life! LOVE HER! :worship:

That Kimono kit is adorable and perfect for a W&D run. You look so cute in it! Those tees are really cute and original. I'll have to check out their stuff.

And Laurie Hernandez is killing it on that show. Love her!

I'm also not wild about Cottonmouth. Mahershala Ali is great, but I just don't love the character.
I think one of the things I really love about the show is that it feels like what I know of Harlem. I think Harlem gets a reputation for having a lot of crime and not being the best area, but it's also a place that's sometimes like a big family with neighborhood hangouts, good music, and its own unique culture, and I think the show does a good job showing that.

I saw that Iron Fist (the 4th in the Defenders series) is coming out May 2017. :thumbsup2 Marking the calendar for that one. I'll be really curious to see how all 4 of the heroes come together, so far we've only seen Jessica Jones and Luke Cage interact ON Jessica Jones (maybe she will pop up in this show at some point?)...but I like seeing some of the other side characters from the show cross over. That has been fun.

I'm really interested to see how they all come together. And I can't figure out when Luke Cage takes place, so I don't know if its before he meets Jessica Jones or after, and that's driving me nuts.

Nowhere near as intensely violent and bloody as Daredevil. There's some fighting, a lot of guns, but it's really not as bad as Daredevil. I think if you're okay with Jessica Jones, you should be okay with Luke Cage. Try it!

SHOPPING!!!

The purple shoes! (to answer your question about which ones match your new kimono kit)
I see a purple band on the kimono "belt", so that makes me lean towards the purple shoes.

I'm thinking I may finally be convinced I need an ink n burn skirt. They just are so flattering. And I love that you can see the hint of short underneath without it being like "Hello, I am wearing tight shorts." I tried to get that cherry blossom shirt but I think I was a minute or day late on that.

Do you have a link to the shirt with the little coffee cups on it?

That Kimono kit is adorable and perfect for a W&D run. You look so cute in it! Those tees are really cute and original. I'll have to check out their stuff.
I'm loving the Kimono kit! It's so pretty. :lovestruc

I'm loving those tees too. They're hard to get because they sell out SO quickly, but they're just so cute and comfortable.
And Laurie Hernandez is killing it on that show. Love her!
Right?! I know some people get angry when there are "ringers" on the show...but how can you NOT love this girl?! She is so good and so fun to watch! And you can tell that she is loving every second of it!
I'm also not wild about Cottonmouth. Mahershala Ali is great, but I just don't love the character.
Agreed. I thought Killgrave was the scariest but Fisk was THE BEST villain. And they cast all 3 of these villains SO perfectly. All of those actors are just knocking it out of the park.
I think one of the things I really love about the show is that it feels like what I know of Harlem. I think Harlem gets a reputation for having a lot of crime and not being the best area, but it's also a place that's sometimes like a big family with neighborhood hangouts, good music, and its own unique culture, and I think the show does a good job showing that.
I could totally see that! It's cool that you have that perspective on it :) And it's good to hear that a New Yorker gives it the stamp of approval. :thumbsup2
I'm really interested to see how they all come together. And I can't figure out when Luke Cage takes place, so I don't know if its before he meets Jessica Jones or after, and that's driving me nuts.
So I don't know how far you've gotten, but at one point someone did say something that made me think that this show takes place AFTER Jessica Jones happened (I can't remember what was said or who said it, but it did clarify the timeline a bit more for me). I couldn't figure out the timing for the first few episodes either. :confused3
Nowhere near as intensely violent and bloody as Daredevil. There's some fighting, a lot of guns, but it's really not as bad as Daredevil. I think if you're okay with Jessica Jones, you should be okay with Luke Cage. Try it!
^^AGREED!!
SHOPPING!!!
You just get me. ::yes::
The purple shoes! (to answer your question about which ones match your new kimono kit)
I see a purple band on the kimono "belt", so that makes me lean towards the purple shoes.
You are very wise. :worship:
I'm thinking I may finally be convinced I need an ink n burn skirt. They just are so flattering. And I love that you can see the hint of short underneath without it being like "Hello, I am wearing tight shorts." I tried to get that cherry blossom shirt but I think I was a minute or day late on that.
The shorts are my favorite part of this skirt. I think the color and design are so pretty! And I think you're right about them being more flattering...I was starting to think that the SparkleSkirts I used to wear were looking a little "voluminous" on me and making me look bigger than I was, but the slim cut style never fit me quite right (I'm so sad because @ZellyB looks so awesome in them!). So these skirts are a good go-between for me and my big butt because of those slits on the side...it's sort of a slimmer cut but the slits accommodate my butt. :) I will say though - nailing down my size in the skirts was tough. I ended up ordering 3 sizes to try on (since there are no retailers in Ohio, sob) and then returned the two that didn't work.

Cherry Blossom shirt: If you really want one, I have a few suggestions as to where you can likely purchase one. :) Mine is due to be delivered today! Eek.
Do you have a link to the shirt with the little coffee cups on it?
I already sent this to you, but in case anyone else is interested:

www.happilyevertees.com

The way it works is there are 1-2 shirt styles available each week and they are posted on the above website at 7PM EST. Available styles are announced ahead of time on instagram (happilyevertees) and they sell out in minutes...like 2-3 minutes. We have an advantage over most other people because we are used to crazy online purchasing thanks to registering for runDisney races. :) She doesn't do pre-orders...she just prints stuff each week and then sells what she has. So the bad thing is that people miss out because the stuff sells so quickly, but the good thing is that those who are able to purchase will get their shirt about a week later since it's all ready to ship.

Not that you need more shopping enabling...but if you do get a new sweatyband..make sure to use code SAIL to get 25% off right now through 10/11. Unless you are like me and have a whole box full of them at home already.

I will try my best to get that coffee shirt on Monday, but if not I will just try again. I like the price point and it's meant to be mine :)

I also just saw that Sprinkles bakery is coming to Downtown disneyland this Fall. So if anyone needs to find me on Friday of Tink weekend, I'll be gorging myself while surrounded by bags of race merchandise. It won't be pretty!

Just started following happilyevertees on Instagram. I don't love all of the stuff they had, but some of it (like that coffee shirt) is super cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter