• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nevermind

I know its not what you want to hear but looking at business from a customer point of view compared to an excutive point of view is very different.

I have done some business management, business strategy and business organisation modules as part of a BA honours degree and I run my own business.

Running a business in 2019, every single move is determined by data and facts.

For example, that meet and greet Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow. It is very likely that a whole combination of factors resulted in that being withdrawn. It could have been due to the cast members performance, it could have been due to a lack of interest of guests. One or both of them could have been re assigned to more popular characters. One or both of them could only have been on temporary contracts. One or both of them could have had their contracts terminated due to a violation of Disneys many strict employee rules. One or both of them maybe had to resign from Disney for a personal reason.

Teen sitcoms and Marvel and Star Wars are profitable ventures right now. That means high profits for Disney, which means budgets can be increased, which means things like CM wage increases, tax increases, maintenance and gardening budgets and so much more can be paid.

All those things that get comped due to guest complaints, like free meals, or extra nights at hotels, or hotel upgrades, or free merchandise all have to be paid for, they all come out of a department budget.

When you are just an employee or a guest, you dont see the why behind so many decisions. Things that seem stupid to you, or dont make sense actually do make sense to those in executive positions.

I know its not what you want to hear but looking at business from a customer point of view compared to an excutive point of view is very different.

I have done some business management, business strategy and business organisation modules as part of a BA honours degree and I run my own business.

Running a business in 2019, every single move is determined by data and facts.

For example, that meet and greet Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow. It is very likely that a whole combination of factors resulted in that being withdrawn. It could have been due to the cast members performance, it could have been due to a lack of interest of guests. One or both of them could have been re assigned to more popular characters. One or both of them could only have been on temporary contracts. One or both of them could have had their contracts terminated due to a violation of Disneys many strict employee rules. One or both of them maybe had to resign from Disney for a personal reason.

Teen sitcoms and Marvel and Star Wars are profitable ventures right now. That means high profits for Disney, which means budgets can be increased, which means things like CM wage increases, tax increases, maintenance and gardening budgets and so much more can be paid.

All those things that get comped due to guest complaints, like free meals, or extra nights at hotels, or hotel upgrades, or free merchandise all have to be paid for, they all come out of a department budget.

When you are just an employee or a guest, you dont see the why behind so many decisions. Things that seem stupid to you, or dont make sense actually do make sense to those in executive positions.
You're right. I don't like to hear it, but you made your point. And nothing personal. Maybe I just don't understand business, because of my autism.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter