Needles

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
I'm diabetic and insulin dependent.Do you think with new security measures that I will have troble getting on plane with them.Flying ATA in December one agent said I coundn't bring them on plane another said not to worry it was ok :confused: Maybe bring a note from my doctor.:confused: If you have any information it would be appreciated.:wave:

From the TSA website, http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?theme=83&content=453

Persons with Diabetes

Notify the screener that you have diabetes and are carrying your supplies with you. The following diabetes related supplies and equipment are allowed through the checkpoint once they have been screened:
- insulin and insulin loaded dispensing products (vials or box of individual vials, jet injectors, pens, infusers, and preloaded syringes),
- unlimited number of unused syringes when accompanied by insulin, and
- lancets, blood glucose meters, blood glucose meter test strips, insulin pumps, and insulin pump supplies.
Insulin in any form or dispenser must be properly marked with a professionally printed label identifying the medication or manufacturer's name or pharmaceutical label.
Notify screeners if you are wearing an insulin pump and, if necessary, advise the screener that it cannot be removed since it is surgically implanted.
Insulin pumps and supplies must be accompanied by insulin with professionally printed labels identifying the medication or manufacturer's name or pharmacy label.
Advise screeners if you are experiencing low blood sugar and are in need of medical assistance.
It is recommended that used syringes be transported in your checked baggage; however, when used syringes need to be in carry-on, ensure they are in a hard, plastic-capped container (i.e. sharps disposable container) for safety and containment.

My dad is a diabetic and regular traveller. This is what we do to avoid additional questions. We put his insulin and needles in a small rectangular tupperware box. When we go through security I always need to remove my laptop so I always just throw the "insulin box" on the belt at security in one of the provided plastic buckets for small items and such. It makes it easier for them to see what it is. It is an approved carry on. I take it out because if they see something suspicious in your carry on they want to pilfer through your entire carry on which I hate to locate the item. I just make it easier on them and I am through security much quicker without having to go to the additional screening penalty box. Carrying a copy of the perscription is always a good idea in case you need to refill unexpectedly on vacation but it is not necessary for secuirty purposes.

It is recommended that used syringes be transported in your checked baggage; however, when used syringes need to be in carry-on, ensure they are in a hard, plastic-capped container (i.e. sharps disposable container) for safety and containment.
The WDW resorts will provide an appropriate sharps disposable container for you to use while you are at WDW and they will also dispose of it for you. Just call Housekeeping and request one when you check in. Small hotels might not have sharps containers, but you can probably get one at most large hotels/chains.

This information clears it up for me and I appreciate you taking time to share with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter