Need present ideas!

MrsRoyale

Mouseketeer
I know it's waaaaay too early to plan gifts for Christmas 2017 but bear with me, I have a plan. Since we are going to Disney in May 2018, I want to give my son a Disney themed Christmas with lots of presents he may use while on vacation (without giving much away because he is not going to know we are going until the morning of).

So...anyway...I plan on purchasing gifts throughout the year so as to not scare my bank account too much, so what are your suggestions for fun gifts? They could be from either the Disney Store or Etsy or any other place. He will be 4 by Christmas and will turn 5 at the parks...

Suggestions?

When my kids first went our Disney store had backpacks I got dd a pink one and my son a dash one. I had fans that took batteries, sunglasses, they earned disney dollars by doing chores but they never knew how much it was going to be. I'm sure I had a lot more but they were 6&10 now they are 21&17. I gave their bags filled for Easter. We drove our first trip so I do know I put DVD's in there too. Happy planning sorry I couldn't be more help it's been a while.

Aww, you were great help! Backpacks and dvds sound like awesome ideas! We are in the Disney Movie Club so I may buy some movies throughout the year and give them to him as presents.

Backpacks are awesome ideas too, because he'll be starting school right after we come back!

Aww, you were great help! Backpacks and dvds sound like awesome ideas! We are in the Disney Movie Club so I may buy some movies throughout the year and give them to him as presents.

Backpacks are awesome ideas too, because he'll be starting school right after we come back!

My Disney store had back packs and other travel things (straw cups, etc) on clearance as of Wednesday. Also, they have various ornaments on sale. Plus clothing, etc. Fun things to get on christmas but also useful (minus the ornaments) in the park!

I saw the sale! I wanted to buy everything! Why do I have to be a responsible adult and pay bills?? >:(>:(>:(

I thought about getting him a personalized autograph book from Etsy, so I'll start looking!

Thanks again everyone!

T-shirts to wear on the trip. They are usually on sale at jcpenney and pretty reasonable. I got my kids each 4 for Christmas from Santa to wear on our trip in March this year. My kids 4 and 5 love them and having been wearing them everyday!

If you can find it a leapster and some game cartridges to go with it along with some headphones. We found this great to keep 3 kids ages 4-6 almost 7 occupied on the flight. If you watch thrift shops you can sometimes find them for a really reasonable price.

I'm gonna agree with some PP and add some extra ideas...if I was going all-in on a Disney-themed Christmas for an almost 5 year old, I'd get...
1. DVD sets with digital copies - great for home, great for travel on tablets
2. A dress-up kit - I got my same aged son a Power Rangers kit this Christmas (with working blaster and Dino sword) and he loved it. To stay Disney-themed, I'd go with a jedi, stormtrooper, superhero, or Playhouse Disney character or characters (or maybe all of them).
3. Disney Pool Toys - dive sticks, beach balls, water blasters, frisbees, etc - anything easy to pack and play with at the pool and will also work for the summer at home
4. A light-up lightsaber - what kid doesn't want to have one of these in HS? The cooler, the better
5. Disney-themed soft-sided books and graphic novels - perfect for bedtime stories in hotels and at home
6. Disney-themed PJs with capes (these are the fun ones my kids have worn out before as clothes and Halloween costumes:)...
7. Small Disney action figures - I've been buying Infinity figs for play, not for video gaming. They are a perfect small size.
8. Small Disney vehicles - I've bought both Hotwheels and Infinity versions for these, too. Both the figs and vehicles are the perfect small toy to play with if you are back in the room
9. A Disney Bag (backpack/suitcase/etc) - I'd actually wrap the figs and vehicles individually and put them in here and then also wrap the bag - it's like their own stashing place
10. A Disney spinning light up toy / a squirtable fan - 4 year olds like the simple things...

I'd buy him some clothes, suitcase, sunglasses, bathing suit, etc...but at 4, I know it's not gonna be a "wow" gift, so it wouldn't be "Christmas". I'd also buy Disney apps for a phone/tablet (wouldn't bother with the Leapster if you don't have one), but lots of them are free and they are also hard to gift...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter