Need help with how to get to restaurants

Sister Spooky

Mouseketeer
We're staying at Pop Century starting this Thursday, March 31. We won't have access to a car, so we'll be relying on buses and the monorail to get us to our restaurants for dinner. Can you all help me with the best way to get to these places?

We have PSs for:
Friday 7:20 pm Chef Mickey's
Saturday 6:50 pm O'Hana's
Monday 7:20 pm Whispering Canyon
Friday 7:20 pm Boma's

I appreciate any help you all could give me. Thanks! ::MickeyMo

Hi Sister Spooky,

Most likely the quickest way to get to any of these (especially Boma) is by taxi, but that will start running up some bucks.

If that's out of your budget, my suggestion is for CM and Ohana: take the bus to the MK and the monorail to Contemporary (CM) and the Poly (Ohana).

For WCC, take a bus to MK and the launch from MK to WL.

For Boma, take the bus to DD or any park and change for an AKL bus.

I'm sure there are others who may have better ideas. Good luck!

Bob

Take the Bus to MK and either take the monorail Make sure it's the one that stops at the resorts) to the CR or just walk to the CR.

Take the Bus to MK and then ride the monorail to Poly.

Take the bus to MK and ride the boat back to WL. Another option is a bus to DTD and then a Bus to WL, but in my experience that takes a long time.

I would take a bus to AK and then a bus to AKL.

Hope this helps.

I would leave about an hour for each if you're going to be taking WDW transportation. If you just miss a bus you might have to wait 20 minutes for another bus...plus the time it takes to get there once you are on the bus..plus the transfer to monorail, boat, or another bus.

I would leave at least an hour early. You may be early, but I would rather be early than miss my PS.

Don't worry if you do run a bit late. In the past we have been late to Chef Mickey's by 20 minutes and our ressie was still there and were seating within 5 minutes. Have a great time. :earsgirl:

for CM, 'Ohanas, and WL, do as was suggested above. You should be able to reverse the steps to get back to PC.

Now Boma's is another story. Unless there is EMH at night for AK, there will not be a bus to AK. Your best bet is to take the bus to MGM and then take the AKL bus from there. If MGM is still open after your dinner, reverse the steps. If not, I would suggest going to whatever park is having EMH that evening or as a last gasp, take the bus to DTD.

Ed

julybride said:
Have you tried using the Transportaion Wizard at Our Laughing Place. It will give you all your transportation options along with the travel times for each option.

This is good to a point. Sometimes it gives wrong information because it is not updated. For example, it still says there is a bus from the TTC to DTD. This route has not been active for at least 3 years.

Ed

For both Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana I would take the bus to MK and then walk.It is about 1/4 mile to the Contemporary and a little over 1/2 mile to the Poly.

For WC I would take a bus to MK and then either a bus or launch to WL.

For Boma check the park hours; if possible go to AK and then get a bus to AKL.

Sister Spooky said:
We're staying at Pop Century starting this Thursday, March 31. We won't have access to a car, so we'll be relying on buses and the monorail to get us to our restaurants for dinner. Can you all help me with the best way to get to these places?

We have PSs for:

I appreciate any help you all could give me. Thanks! ::MickeyMo
For Whispering Canyon you can take the bus from MK to WL.
To get to Boma's take bus to MGM since AK will already be closed. On the way back I doubt the MGM bus will be running so you might get stuck using DTD. If you can cab it back to Pop I would suggest that. Otherwise you are looking at the return time to Pop as being about 90 hours long. If you must take a bus I would take one to MK before DTD. Actually I think Epcot might still be running a bus. Figure it will still be around 9 when you are done and Illumations will be beginning at that time. Good Luck

Cheshire Figment said:
For both Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana I would take the bus to MK and then walk.It is about 1/4 mile to the Contemporary and a little over 1/2 mile to the Poly.

For WC I would take a bus to MK and then either a bus or launch to WL.

For Boma check the park hours; if possible go to AK and then get a bus to AKL.
You can't walk to Poly. You have to take either Poly's launch or the Monorail.

DisneyWisher said:
On the way back I doubt the MGM bus will be running so you might get stuck using DTD. If you can cab it back to Pop I would suggest that. Otherwise you are looking at the return time to Pop as being about 90 hours long.

I don't like transferring at DTD either and I have felt it has taken an abnormally LONG time to get back to our resort. But I am sure NOBODY has felt it took 90 HOURS to get back to their resort. :)

Ed

Thanks for the help everybody! I've written everything down so I'll have the directions. We leave tomorrow! WooHoo!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter