Need Help from Sea World Experts!

3for Me

DIS Veteran
We are planning on a day at Seaworld (a Sunday most likely) during June.

These are the following things we want to do/experience:

Shows:

Believe
Dolphin Encounter at Rocky Point
Shark Encounter
Pets Rule

Rides:

Journey
Shipwreck Rapids
Skytower
Wild Artic

We would also like to have Dinner with Shamu and see the Cirque de la Mer...

Can we do all this in one day? If so, any thoughts as to the most effective way to get this done?? I know some of our plan will be dictated by the show times (which I can't get yet). Any advice on what to do first to avoid the longest lines? Should we get the rides out of the way first?

Sorry, I know it's alot of questions, but I'M SO CONFUSED!:confused:

TIA!

And yes, I think you may be able to do it all. We have been at Sea World with every school group in San Diego, and we did everything in one day. Make sure you plan well and see all your must do's early.

Have fun.....

Yes, it is possible. The lines for Atlantis and Shipwreck Rapids will probably be pretty long because it will be warm. Also be sure to get seats early for Believe show because the Splash Zone seats go pretty fast. This is what I'd do:

See Believe first thing (be sure to check a month in advance for show times)
Ride Shipwreck Rapids (it shouldn't have a long line)
See the dolphins at Rocky Point
Ride Journey to Atlantis (If the line is too long try the Single Rider)
Ride Wild Arctic and see the exhibits(also available are non-motion seats)
See Pets Rule
Experience Shark Encounter
Ride the Sky Tower
See Cirque de lar Mar
Dine with Shamu

I'd also recommend seeing the dolphin show, especially if you've never been. It's good and has a nice twist at the end. The sea lion/otter show is pretty good. Also check out the Penguin Encounter and the Clydesdales if you have time.

Yes, it is possible. The lines for Atlantis and Shipwreck Rapids will probably be pretty long because it will be warm. Also be sure to get seats early for Believe show because the Splash Zone seats go pretty fast. This is what I'd do:

See Believe first thing (be sure to check a month in advance for show times)
Ride Shipwreck Rapids (it shouldn't have a long line)
See the dolphins at Rocky Point
Ride Journey to Atlantis (If the line is too long try the Single Rider)
Ride Wild Arctic and see the exhibits(also available are non-motion seats)
See Pets Rule
Experience Shark Encounter
Ride the Sky Tower
See Cirque de lar Mar
Dine with Shamu

I'd also recommend seeing the dolphin show, especially if you've never been. It's good and has a nice twist at the end. The sea lion/otter show is pretty good. Also check out the Penguin Encounter and the Clydesdales if you have time.

Thanks so much! This is exactly the type of advice I was looking for!:goodvibes

Also want to add the the shows have times and some of them overlap...so as the op said be sure to get there early and if you can stay overnight so you can get in early that is your best bet.....come early and you will have till midnight...summer stays open late. also alot of the crowd leaves at around 6:30-8:00 so the park will not be as crowded except for people like me that are season pass holders and come for a few hrs after the crowds to have a little fun....:thumbsup2 O and the cirque de lamar is not that great...it's not like yoyr regular cirque shows...and I'v seen all of them in vegas..

Unless they've changed, when you walk in, they hand you map with updated showtimes on it. The second day we went, the showtimes had actually changed from what I'd seen, hmm, online?

I was too excited to be there, and being pulled on by my 2 year old, so I had a hard time figuring out where to go first. So have the most level-headed, time-oriented person in your group to figure it all out. :)

Whatever you do, don't talk yourself out of Pets Rule, though. That was just a fun little show that makes me smile, even now, almost a year later!

(Depending on who is in your group, think twice about the Splash Zones for Shamu (lol, there's also a wet zone for the Pets show)...I saw people with TINY babies sitting there, even holding the babies up to be splashed...it's not a paltry amount of water, and even though the day was HOT, I saw no need for a tiny baby to get THAT wet! Also, if you have cameras with you, bring big ziplocs or stay away from the Splash Zone!)

We were looking at the show schedule and trying to plan our day and it doesn't say how long the shows last.

Can you tell me approximately how long each show might be (Shamu, dolphins, pets rule especially) and how long in advance we should get in line for good seats?

Thanks so much!

Hi. We were just there a couple of weeks ago. The map/schedule we have had the times on it. The shows lengths are:

believe 25 minutes
dolphin 22 minutes
risky rescue 25 minutes
pet's rule 25 minutes

If it's raining they will do a "meet and greet" with the pets which I think is most skippable. We were sad to miss the show this time around. Also be forewarned that if it is at all rainy or windy they will close Atlantis. We missed out on this because of the weather.

If you get to the shows about 15 minutes early you should be able to get decent seats. They have vendors selling food and drinks and have pre-show entertainment. I was disappointed in Believe, I enjoyed the old Shamu show better. Also, Risky Rescue isn't as good as the old "Fools with Tools" show but the Dolphin show is GREAT, don't miss it. Like a previous poster said, it has a fun twist if you've never seen it.

If you go online as was suggested and find out the times of the shows, you can plan your day around the shows. They group the shows in early and late blocks, and if you hustle you could actually go from show to show in two hours (for instance on the schedule I have the four main shows are at 11, 11:30, 12 and 12:30 and then 3, 3:30, 4 and 4:30)...but we broke it down and did it across the day.

If you plan on eating with Shamu make your ressies before you go. I booked mine on the phone about 10 days in advance and we had one of the poolside seats. If you book day-of you are likely to get a less-desireable table. It's also a can't miss if your family can afford it. It's a great chance to be up close with the whales and the trainers.

Thanks, it sounds like the lunch is well worth it so I'm going to check with the friends who are traveling with us to see if they also want a table.

Has anyone taken the tours? They have a backstage tour for about $12 adult that lasts an hour and I wondered if it was worth it.

Thanks!

I do not know if they still do it, but they used to have a special dinner show for the cirque de la mar, totally seperate from the normal show. . . but I haven't gone in at least a year and a half. . .

Last December we did Breakfast with Shamu. It was cool. The food was so so, but it was more about the experience than the food quality. My DBF and I took his sister and 2 1/2 neice who were visiting from Albuquerque.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter