need advice EVERYONE

cinderella_bella

Mouseketeer
Ok all you family people. I have to book my flights in a few weeks in order to get my free flights through my points system with Air Canada(hope they don't really go belly up). I was thinking the last two weeks of august to visit my family in Ontario and then the first two weeks in sept in WDW. Give me your opinions on these dates in terms of the weather, crowding, different things still offered at WDW(don't some shows stop in the slower seasons). We have 2 adults. 3(maybe 4 kids) there ages next year will be 10,7,3,and 3 months(this is where the mabye 4 kids come into play). So let it fly. When is it better to go?

Tania

The weather will still be hot but the crowds a lot less as most schools will be back in by then.Some of the parks will close earlier but with the crowds down you'll get around and on attractions quicker.

Click here for WDW Park hours for Sept.http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...t=1&bhqx=6.1.0&bhbd=6,0,2597,99&bhsp=0&bhqs=1

BTMRR will be closed for rehab Aug 24 to Nov 19

The Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed for refurbishment
September 7, 2003 - October 24, 2003.

Rock 'N' Roller Coaster will be closed for refurbishment
September 6 - September 16.

Magic of Disney Animation To be closed September 14, 2003 - November 17, 2003 for a revamp of the attraction

ToT
One side closed the morning of the Sept 5th.
One side closed Sept 18th through 21st,
Both sides closed Sept 22nd through Sept 26th,
One side closed Sept 27th through Nov 17th.
The reason for the rehab is to get a whole new Tower console for the ride.

Festival of the Lion King Theater will be closed for refurbishment
August 25 - September 19

I just re-read your post...are you talking about THIS Sept 2003 or Sept 2004...if you're waiting until NEXT year,I'd go sometime in mid Oct. so you can catch MNSSHalloween Party and Food and Wine Fest!!

Color me confused but there's the info on Sept 2003!!!!:D

Thank you Baloo for all that work. I guess I should have said it would be 2004. I have to book now for fear of not getting a free flight. Depending on the time of year I go I have to book a year in advance. They will only let you book a year in advance. I tried to book a few months ago and they said no so I was wondering when is the best time to go. I think I have to go anytime in late august and after that. Anyone else have an opinion?

Tania

If the time of year doesn't matter (no conflicts with school, etc) I would probably choose early December, or mid October. Otherwise, September is supposed to be nice as far as crowds go (I've never been then). It will still be rather hot, though. Park hours will be shorter, but without large crowds I don't think that matters so much.

I think all shows are still available, just not as often. If you plan around it that shouldn't be much of a problem. Especially not if you're planning on two weeks. That will make for a great vacation whenever you go.

October would give you much better weather, still hot, but not too hot. And, like Baloo said, Mickey's Halloween Party.

December weather is more unpredictable (maybe not so good if you wanted to go to the water parks). But the Christmas decorations will be up, and crowds should be quite low.

just a few thoughts on the new baby. I have no problem with taking a 3 month old to Disney, in fact we will be doing that ourself. But looking at your dates, you haven't conceived the baby yet.
What happens if conception doesn't happen on schedule. Will you stop trying for a few months? I would quite happily take a 3 month old to Disney, but I wouldn't want to travel from about 8 months pregnant or for the first month or so of babys life, so how would you feel if you had these flights booked and looming ahead and it was going to affect new baby plans?

Bev

You are totally right Bev. I just have next cycle in mind to get pg. It is a sort of complicated story which is too strange to go into detail about. You are correct though and no I don't want to travel that far into a pregnancy. I will be TTC on a deadline of sorts postponing and all to fit our vacation plans when they are set in stone. I asked my dh last night if December would be a ok time with him to hit the World but his only concern is getting out of our town. Very snowy place we live in and very far away from an international airport so if we don't get out on schedule then we don't get out. So here is another question. I know there is a less crowded time in December how "less" crowded is it and when does it start and when does the busy season start again?

Tania

was in October. The weather was great, the crowds were minimal!!! My favorite time to go is during the Thanksgiving/
Christmas season b/c I just love the decorations and the holiday magic. But it is very crowded if you go during Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Year's. You have to go somewhere in between, but then there is the weather. One year it was freezing when we were there for Christmas, but another year it was hot, you just never know. One Thanksgiving was quite cold, another was quite hot. (I never know what clothes to take at that time of the year, it always fools me) :confused:

Whenever you decide to go, it is magical no matter what the weather or the crowd volume. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter