Narcooses and kids?

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
We will be staying at the GF for a week in July and I am thinking of going to dinner at Narcooses with the kids(we have 4 -2 are little) I was hoping we could have a nice meal early around 5:30. We always expect great manners when we are in a restaurant- and if a child does not comply- one adult leaves with them(so far only has happened once) My question is would we be uncomfortable walking in with our 4 children? Or maybe a better question would we make you uncomfortable walking in with our 4 children? We are doing mostly character meals and fast food options I thought one nice meal would be a treat for me. But I don't want my treat to ruin anyone else's time. So honestly what do you think?( besides that I am too codependent :rotfl2: )

My husband and I went to Narcoose's about 2 years ago for our 10th annis. We hired a babysitter for our 3 kids who were also small and had a great night out. However there were kids there and did not bother us at all. The atmoshpere is on the romantic side, but kids never bother us in a restuarant ( after all it is DIsney). Have a great time !! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

We went to Narcosses in 2/05 and noticed a lot of children. We had one, ourselves..an almost 3.5 year old son. We were there around 5:30, I planned on going early..figuring it would be a more appropriate time with our son. I do have to say, though....it was very noisy in there. I'm not sure why, but I noticed it was very noisy and it wasn't because there were kids in there!! If we ever went without child..I'd make a very late PS... :smooth:

We've dined at Narcoosee's a # of times and there are ALWAYS plenty of children on hand. And of all ages.

Narcoosses is pretty loud, its an open kitchen - and the tables are pretty well spaced. Making it a good choice at Disney for "moderately fancy" with kids.

We don't find the atmosphere romantic - too noisy for that. Or maybe its romantic without being intimate. It is nice to be out on the water.

We were just there earlier this month. When we first go there many kids were there since the fireworks were at 7:00 pm After Wishes were over many of the families left. Thats when we got seated. It is a noisy restaurant to begin with. We totally enjoyed our meal.

Of all the upscale restaurants at WDW, Narcooses is the most "casual" IMHO, and the most family friendly.

We've had service issues there in the past, and things can move along quite slowly. Skip the appetizers and get right to dinner--in fact when they come to order drinks be ready to order your entres, as if you don't you can expect almost 20 minutes between taking drink orders and dinner orders. Twenty minutes with four kids is a long time!

Anne

We, also, felt that Narcosees was very slow. But on the plus side...we got there at 5:30 and were able to watch the 8:00 wishes!!!

It is so funny how different people's experiences are.

We've been dining at Narcoossee's since GF opened. Our children were young then....all grown up now. But we've only had slow service once. I also don't find it any more casual then any of the other "signature" restaurants in the resorts. In fact, we've been there on nights when most people have been rather dressed up...conventioneers I think.

Now, the menu has certainly changed over the years but we have enjoyed it there through all the changes.

And to answer your question, your little ones will be fine there. :sunny:

I've been there 3 times in 18 months all with 5 children ages 6-3. Absolutely, no problem with kids.

We eat at Narcoosees every trip. Never felt like kids weren't welcome. Our dd is always with us, and we have brought her cousins too.

For all the reasons mentioned upthread, (it's already loud, the decor is casual--bare tables and floors) it's a great place to bring your kids when you want a nicer meal.

Java, since most of the people who answered have kids, I will pop in with a non-kid posessing person. :)

I would have no problem with you bringing your children to Narcoosie's if was dining at the same time as you. I like how you have expectations on how your children should act in a restaurant and you have an enforcement policy. The problem I have when dining out and there are children present, is when the children are out of control and the parent(s) are making no effort to bring them back into control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter