• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

Sorry, i am terrible at getting quotes to work right.so this comment refers to something a while back. I use a camelbak for running in the winter, when I won't mind the extra heat. After you wash it out and empty it if you don't want to bother drying it you can keep it in the freezer to stop mold. It took me several versions of waistbelts to find one I like, it such a personal preference thing hope your new carrier works for you!

He does actually have it up in his armpits. I think at first he felt like they were too tight and would be a problem, so he work it a bit looser, but then found it moved around some and that made it worse. At least I think that's what I'm remembering. Seems like once he actually tightened it down more that it did better. I'll ask him tonight to be sure.
Okay, thanks. I know that the double model has the extra padding on the armpit straps, so maybe that's why he can have it tighter and be comfortable? I may just have to order the extra pit pads. :scratchin
I've never done water bottles in my skirt. Like you I think that would just make them way too heavy. My phone is sometimes bad enough.
Yeah, people talk about carrying alllll of this stuff in their pockets, and I don't know how they do it - that never worked for me. I think I would have had to get a smaller-sized skirt for it not to fall down.
Sorry, i am terrible at getting quotes to work right.so this comment refers to something a while back. I use a camelbak for running in the winter, when I won't mind the extra heat. After you wash it out and empty it if you don't want to bother drying it you can keep it in the freezer to stop mold. It took me several versions of waistbelts to find one I like, it such a personal preference thing hope your new carrier works for you!
Now that you mention it, I do remember people saying that they freezer method works! I was mostly drying it out as much as possible with a paper towel (which took awhile) and then hanging it up and hoping for the best...

First off...Gimme that donut!!!

I am not yet a water carrier but that's only because I'm still in 10k or less territory. When I'm in the neighborhood I make my porch the bottle holder...but then it's too tempting to want to just call it quits and walk back into my house!
I've seen the hand held bottle things and I'm wondering if that would be my speed or not?
How is taking the bottle off the backpack while running/walking? I'm an awkward human so I'd imagine I'd make that awkward...but for you all with more grace it's probably not so bad. :)

I will say that all people with camel-backs or water backpacks make me thing of ninja turtles...not in a bad way...ninja turtles are awesome.

Mixing in yoga for lifting sounds totally reasonable. Changes the muscle groups you are using to avoid over-use injuries right? (not an expert opinion but it makes sense in my head.)

I also vote YAY! to the pain-free wake-up but I vote BOO! for waking up early. My bladder has me doing that EVERY NIGHT which is the worst. We are re-modeling our bathroom so I have to go downstairs now too. BOO!

THANK YOU!! Pretty sure this was my exact facial expression:
PlxbhyX.jpg

HAHAHA :rotfl2:

No, and I'm pretty sure the one I have is sold out on DS.com. Harveys doesn't really do WDW-specific prints since they are in California (in fact, I don't think WDW sells Harveys at all). :( But this was specifically for the 60th anniversary of Disneyland.

And my wallet just breathed a sigh of relief!

So cute!! Do you have Etsy in Europe? It's a site where people handmake stuff, and there are a ton of people who make Minnie ears. If they ship internationally or if you have something similar in Europe I'm sure you could find something like these!

Ye we do, I managed to find similar ones, they are quite pricey to get delivered to the UK but I REALLY like them so I'm probably going to just suck it up and buy them anyway!

This photo needs epic background music

Tuesday, May 31 (lifting/1.5-mile run)
Back to work! Ugghhhhh. I have 2 big projects going on right now that need to be done before we head to see Captain Mickey on the Disney Dream in a couple of weeks (because OF COURSE they have to be going on at the same time, arrrg), so the $%*@ has hit the fan over here, so to speak. At least I'll really feel like I earned that cruise!

Damn straight!! So exciting that it's coming up so soon! :woohoo:

And back to the gym! Since it’s Tuesday, there was a different crowd of people in the weight room compared to who I’m used to on Monday mornings. It was nice...really nice. Everyone was quiet, no one bugged me, equipment was not missing (the 20-pound dumbbells were present and accounted for)...it’s actually making me consider switching my weekly schedule around…ridiculous, right? :rolleyes2

NOPE!! It's the same at my gym... Monday's are a nightmare and it really effects your mental game having to deal with missing equipment and annoying people lol

DISCLAIMER, KAREN - It's a purse picture!!
27447662706_9af52ef413_z.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RUN AWAY :car:

And yes... yes it is SUPER cute! Perfect for a cruise!

MILESTONE: I woke up today about an hour before my alarm needing to use the bathroom (arrrrg hate when that happens) - ZERO back pain!!!! :banana: It has been MONTHS since that has happened - at least 6-8 months I would say! After going back to bed and waking up for good a little bit of the soreness was back, but still - this was very encouraging! :)

YAH!!!! :banana: (side note: my banana is still.. like it's not cheering like it usually does... I'm not sure if this is just on my PC or on the site or what so I'm going to add in another cheering one just in case because this totally deserves a cheering :cool1:)

Happy National Donut Day!!
27481748645_6582963b55_z.jpg

Is this actually a thing????! Either way I LOVE it!! We have a national fish and chips day in Ireland and all fish and chips are half price... AWESOME!

I’ve been thinking about it more, and I’m going to try a schedule change that I’ve been mulling over - cutting out lifting completely and upping the yoga each week to 2-3 classes. I think I’ll just be happier if I do that - no more of those double mornings, no more dealing with jerks in the weight room (as pathetic as it sounds, yes, that does factor into my decision :rolleyes2), and I just like yoga better than lifting. I just don't think I want to be talking myself into running after lifting twice per week every week. Or who knows, maybe I’ll hate it. Worth a shot, though.

Can't hurt to try!! GOOD LUCK!!

First off...Gimme that donut!!!
NOPE! It's in my belly!!
I am not yet a water carrier but that's only because I'm still in 10k or less territory. When I'm in the neighborhood I make my porch the bottle holder...but then it's too tempting to want to just call it quits and walk back into my house!
YES, this, exactly!! I could see myself coming back and getting water and then being like, "well, may as well stop in and use the bathroom...well, may as well get a little snack...well, may as well lay down...and done." :confused3
I've seen the hand held bottle things and I'm wondering if that would be my speed or not?
The handhelds are okay...some are designed so that they sort of follow the natural shape of your hand, and you don't have to grip them super tightly. Might take some experimentation to figure out what works when the time comes. :)
How is taking the bottle off the backpack while running/walking? I'm an awkward human so I'd imagine I'd make that awkward...but for you all with more grace it's probably not so bad. :)
It's actually not that bad - it's not much further to reach than if you were going to scratch the back of your head. So you grab the top and actually turn the bottle upside down to get it out...and so far the bottle hasn't been leaking, so it's been working out okay. :)
I will say that all people with camel-backs or water backpacks make me thing of ninja turtles...not in a bad way...ninja turtles are awesome.
Raphael was always my fave. :teeth:
Mixing in yoga for lifting sounds totally reasonable. Changes the muscle groups you are using to avoid over-use injuries right? (not an expert opinion but it makes sense in my head.)
Maybe?! I do know that core strength is super important in running and in life, and I definitely get that from yoga, so hopefully it'll be okay!
I also vote YAY! to the pain-free wake-up but I vote BOO! for waking up early. My bladder has me doing that EVERY NIGHT which is the worst. We are re-modeling our bathroom so I have to go downstairs now too. BOO!
I'm on, like, day 3 or 4 in a row without the back pain! :) YES, I hate that too with having to get up to go to the bathroom. :mad: The wooooorst.
Side-eye Chloe. she gets me.
And my wallet just breathed a sigh of relief!
Whew!! You need to save that money for DLP Half Marathon merchandise!!
Ye we do, I managed to find similar ones, they are quite pricey to get delivered to the UK but I REALLY like them so I'm probably going to just suck it up and buy them anyway!
Woohooooo
This photo needs epic background music
Amerrrrrricaaaaaa, spread your gooooolden wings! :thumbsup2
Damn straight!! So exciting that it's coming up so soon! :woohoo:
It still feels sooooo far away with work! UGH!!
NOPE!! It's the same at my gym... Monday's are a nightmare and it really effects your mental game having to deal with missing equipment and annoying people lol
Seriously, what is with that?! Mondays are the worst!! People need to take, like, a gym etiquette course or something. :mad:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RUN AWAY :car:

And yes... yes it is SUPER cute! Perfect for a cruise!

There's a Mickey version as well (which I do not have)...soooo cute!!
f69aec674f994c728e7c023ea6df3c6e.jpg

YAH!!!! :banana: (side note: my banana is still.. like it's not cheering like it usually does... I'm not sure if this is just on my PC or on the site or what so I'm going to add in another cheering one just in case because this totally deserves a cheering :cool1:)
It's cheering for me!! :banana: Thanks for the banana cheer!

Is this actually a thing????! Either way I LOVE it!! We have a national fish and chips day in Ireland and all fish and chips are half price... AWESOME!
Apparently, yes it is - there were all kinds of deals to get free donuts (by 1/2 dozen, get a 1/2 dozen free, etc.). And you know what's coming up soon? NATIONAL CUPCAKE DAY!! :hyper:
Can't hurt to try!! GOOD LUCK!!
Thanks!! Namaste!

Side-eye Chloe. she gets me.

Whew!! You need to save that money for DLP Half Marathon merchandise!!

YES! I do! Although I'm totally freaked out by the fact that the expo starts at 3pm in the day... it just doesn't sit well with me.

Amerrrrrricaaaaaa, spread your gooooolden wings! :thumbsup2

EPIC!

Seriously, what is with that?! Mondays are the worst!! People need to take, like, a gym etiquette course or something. :mad:

YES!! We need this!! Some people need instructions
workout-fail-gifs-1.gif

There's a Mickey version as well (which I do not have)...soooo cute!!
f69aec674f994c728e7c023ea6df3c6e.jpg

OOOOOOH! I want this!!! Where can I buy this beauty??!!

It's cheering for me!! :banana: Thanks for the banana cheer!

Ye it is for me now too... I swear though mr banana was on strike earlier

Apparently, yes it is - there were all kinds of deals to get free donuts (by 1/2 dozen, get a 1/2 dozen free, etc.). And you know what's coming up soon? NATIONAL CUPCAKE DAY!! :hyper:

OOOOOOH!! Nice!! When's that? I shall treat myself to one!

OK, seriously!! Stop posting these pictures!!!

I know right?! lol WHY IS EVERYTHING SO PRETTY??!!!!!!

YES! I do! Although I'm totally freaked out by the fact that the expo starts at 3pm in the day... it just doesn't sit well with me.

Whaaat? That is weird!
EPIC!

YES!! We need this!! Some people need instructions
workout-fail-gifs-1.gif
BWAHAHAHA - that is NOT how I was planking when the guy corrected me, for the record! :rotfl2:
OOOOOOH! I want this!!! Where can I buy this beauty??!!
Unfortunately it seems like it's eBay only - search "Harveys Mickey Colorblock Streamline Tote"
Ye it is for me now too... I swear though mr banana was on strike earlier
Hahaha, that's hilarious! Come back to work, banana!
OOOOOOH!! Nice!! When's that? I shall treat myself to one!
Dang it, I read it wrong...I'm doing a "100 DAys of INKnBURN Challenge" (yes seriously, feel free to make fun) and the person running it marked National Donut Day and she also had a day that says "eat a cupcake" - which I assumed was National Cupcake Day. But the real day is December 15 or something. :confused3

Well, I'm still eating a frekaing cupcake on June 26! :teeth:
I know right?! lol WHY IS EVERYTHING SO PRETTY??!!!!!!
Because it's DISNEY!! :lovestruc

June 2016 Cruise Planning!

I'm gonna take a break from frying my brain at work to think about something way more fun - CRUISING!! :hyper:

27526339825_b7f0df67d3_z.jpg

My first cruise was in September 2013 with my BFFs on the Disney Dream. While I had a blast with the ladies, I couldn't help but think that it would be WAY fun to take a cruise with Mr. A! I thought he would love the relaxation, the service, and - above all - the food one gets when cruising with Disney. The catch was that he HATES water - he doesn't like to swim at all, and the thought of being out in the middle of the ocean made (makes) him pretty uncomfortable.

Somehow I convinced him to give cruising a shot (he says I really bugged him about it, which I really do not think is true...men!), and he LOVED it. It's his preferred way to vacation right now...he greatly prefers it over going to the parks.
15621419381_57a52415ef_z.jpg

We took another cruise in July of 2015, this time a 7-nighter on the Fantasy. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as our 4-night Dream cruise had in 2014 - the motion of the ship really bothered both of us (I think we're wimps, because it probably wasn't THAT bad), Mr. A got sick toward the end, I threw my back out on Castaway Cay Day (STUPID BACK I HATE YOU!!!), and trying to fly home was a nightmare that involved spending 12 hours in MCO , flight delays, cancellations, our luggage being left out in the rain and consequentially getting soaked through, etc. (again - 1 of us was sick and the other was barely functioning due to a blown-out back - one of the worst travel days we've ever had! :faint:). Hence, no trip report for that one!

We're both more than ready for a do-over with DCL - not that our bad luck had anything to do with DCL AT ALL, but the memories of our last cruise that are freshest in our minds are not good ones, unfortunately. Originally we had another 7-nighter booked on the Fantasy for this summer, but since our last cruise didn't go so well and we had sort of an expensive year home-wise in 2015 (including a super fun sewer line repair and getting our kitchen renovated - ACTUALLY fun), we decided that it would be better to go with a shorter (i.e. cheaper) itinerary (bonus - this leaves funds for us to use to cruise AGAIN with the mouse later this year! :yay: Which I'll talk about later!). Plus, we'll miss the pup if we're gone for 7 nights!

So we are heading back to the Disney Dream!
15438878700_8783bfa1e2_z.jpg

Here's what we're looking at for this cruise...

Day 0: travel

Dropping the monster off at doggy camp :sad: and then flying to MCO - we booked flights on Southwest with points. :) We leave around 3PM and won't get into Orlando until 8ish. All we're going to do this first night is eat dinner in the airport (I see Chic-Fil-A in my future), and we've got a room booked at the Hyatt MCO under a AAA rate. It's a little pricey to stay there, but you really cannot beat the convenience! Grab bags at baggage claim and then hop in an elevator - BAM, at the hotel.

Day 1: Embarkation

Woohoooo!!! :banana: Such a great day!

We have transfers booked through Disney that leave right from MCO - so we'll just grab breakfast at the MCO Starbucks and take our bags down to the bus stop (near the Magical Express area). When I checked us in online we got a port arrival time of 10:30AM, and we'll likely try to be on the first bus that leaves at 9 to maximize our time on the ship, especially with the shorter itinerary. In the past we've been on the ship by 11:30 or noon, so I'm hoping for similar timing for this trip.

15621354341_07996e65fd_z.jpg

SQUEEE!!!

No big plans for this first day...haven't decided whether I want to drag Will to see The Golden Mickeys on the first night. :scratchin HMM...I do foresee us enjoying coffee at Vista Cafe or a drink at Bon Voyage in the atrium to people watch (our favorite spots on the ship, along with Cove Cafe) and possibly taking in the entertainment in the adult area.

We're booked in a verandah stateroom on Deck 6, mid-ship. We've had rooms in similar locations on our last 2 cruises together and it has worked out well.

No plans to work out on on this day. :)

Day 2: Nassau

This port doesn't interest us AT ALL, so we're treating today as a bonus at-sea day.
15624421245_daea91d085_z.jpg

Zero plans for today, except that I will be hitting the gym in the morning for a 25-minute tempo run on the treadmill. I am normally pretty good about getting workouts in on cruises, so I'm expecting that this trip will more of the same. And while the ships all have tracks, I tried to do a run on the track the last time I cruised, and it was SO BORING. I didn't think it could get more boring than the treadmill...I was wrong. So the two non-Castaway Cay 5K (see below) runs will be on the treadmill...they're short, so I'll live.

Day 3: Castaway Cay

THE GREATEST DAY.
22291596245_b93a31c73d_z.jpg

Starting out with the Castaway Cay 5K...which I would totally skip, except that the internet tells me DCL has changed the finisher medallion. So I'm gonna need to get that free bling. Darn you, Disney Cruise Line!!
15005964533_8d57e67def_z.jpg

Then some of this on Serenity Bay for the rest of the day...
15440173237_c750c713b8_z.jpg

We also have reservations at Palo for dinner! YAAAYYYY!!!
15438403428_9806e53460_z.jpg

And tonight is Pirate Night, so we may watch the fireworks. :)

Day 4: At Sea

Our last full day of the cruise is our *real* at sea day. I have a 2-mile run planned, which is convenient as it will work up my appetite for brunch at Palo!

OMG CHICKEN PARM
15005923724_38a4acd231_z.jpg

Otherwise, nothing planned, except that I'm sure we'll sign up for a Mixology class. :) We also want to try to sign up for a towel folding class (seriously, I wanna learn how to make towel animals!!).
22103929578_f06b1a09f3_z.jpg

Day 5: Debarkation
BOOOO

Nothing noteworthy about this awful day, except that hopefully we'll be home in time to pick up the monster from camp. Otherwise, we'll be banging on the doors the next morning to grab him.

So yeah - not a lot planned for this trip! The beauty of cruising. One thing I HAVE to do is book a couple of placeholder cruises - if you book your next cruise onboard you get an onboard credit, plus a discount. So that's definitely something I'll take care of, likely on the first night. And I definitely want to make sure we catch "Finding Dory" while at sea - the ships show first-run movies and by the time we cruise, that one will be out! We may also try to catch some other movies ("Zootopia" and "The Force Awakens") if they are still playing on the big screen...the live shows are still the same ones we saw in 2013, and the only one I REALLY like is the Golden Mickeys, so we'll likely skip those. Other than that I don't think we'll be able to plan much until we are in port/on the ship with Navigators in our hands!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Only 12 more days?!?!? Woohoo that is so exciting!! That sounds like an absolutely perfect cruise - relaxation, relaxation, relaxation. I actually like shorter cruises. I find that I'm kinda over the whole cruising thing after 4-5 days. Now, I've never done a DCL cruise, so maybe it's different with Disney, but I think a shorter cruise is really ideal. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Hopefully you have a better time on the Castaway Cay 5K this time. :)

Oh that cruise sounds great! And I have to say, the bonus of getting to go twice in a year probably makes up for the shorter itinerary :)

One of these days we'll do a cruise, but we have so many park trips in mind it will be a few years :P

12 Days until your cruise ... yay!

A nice, lightly-planned cruise sounds perfect! Cruises are all about relaxing, and not having crazy plans in advance makes it easier to relax.

OMG Castaway Cay 5K. I know the course is hot and sunny and not clearly marked and whatever, but ... I want one of those cute medallions! Although I would like to do it without the cruise ship ... I don't do cruises.
Also, weird question ... does your Garmin work on Castaway Cay? I always kinda wondered. I'm guessing it probably does, but I never knew for sure.

Also ... towel folding class may be the cutest thing ever. I did know that they had those, but now I want to take one. I wonder if they have one at WDW...

QUOTE="Ariel484, post: 55894946, member: 410479"]Whaaat? That is weird! [/QUOTE]

Ye… so weird! It’s worked out well because my sister is flying over on the Thursday morning so she’ll get to be there when it opens and I don’t have to worry about getting her stuff too. I’m getting the Eurostar the day before, it goes direct to Disneyland from one of the stations close to my job so I regularly see people in their Disney get up heading towards the platform on the way to work and feel all kinds jealousy…

BWAHAHAHA - that is NOT how I was planking when the guy corrected me, for the record! :rotfl2:

Hahaha you sure??

Don't worry guys... I got this :rotfl2:
3.gif

QUOTE="Ariel484, post: 55894946, member: 410479"]BWAHAHAHA - that is NOT how I was planking when the guy corrected me, for the record! :rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha you sure??

Unfortunately it seems like it's eBay only - search "Harveys Mickey Colorblock Streamline Tote"

BAH! I saw the price and ran away…

I’m trying to resist buying things ahead of my trip as I do like it when I find items over there and it kinda has a memory attached.. Also I know I will buy ALL THE THINGS when I get there.

Hahaha, that's hilarious! Come back to work, banana!
I guess it must be tough cheering like that all day everyday.. I don’t blame him… poor guy

Dang it, I read it wrong...I'm doing a "100 DAys of INKnBURN Challenge" (yes seriously, feel free to make fun) and the person running it marked National Donut Day and she also had a day that says "eat a cupcake" - which I assumed was National Cupcake Day. But the real day is December 15 or something. :confused3

Well, I'm still eating a frekaing cupcake on June 26! :teeth:

OOOOH I like challenges with days… I totally suck at them but I like reading about other people doing them. I’ve tried the 30day squat challenge like 5 times and each time I just forget around day 5 or something and then the whole thing is ruining. I also have to wait until the first of the month to start because I like it when my numbers match with the date and so then I wait until the 1st of the next month but totally space out and remember on the 2nd and it’s just too late then.

So anyway… back to you.. what’s the challenge? Also devastated about national cupcake day… I think we need to rectify this situation. I promise I will also eat a cupcake on June 26th and we can exchange cupcake photos...

Somehow I convinced him to give cruising a shot (he says I really bugged him about it, which I really do not think is true...men!), and he LOVED it. It's his preferred way to vacation right now...he greatly prefers it over going to the parks.
15621419381_57a52415ef_z.jpg

I have the same problem with by boyfriend, he's very anti-cruising, I've managed to get him on board with a Disneyworld trip in the future but not a cruise and I kinda feel like the cruise is more suited to couples than with friends/family?! Maybe that's not true it's just the impression I have.

(bonus - this leaves funds for us to use to cruise AGAIN with the mouse later this year!
:yay: Which I'll talk about later!)

YAH!!!

Starting out with the Castaway Cay 5K...which I would totally skip, except that the internet tells me DCL has changed the finisher medallion. So I'm gonna need to get that free bling. Darn you, Disney Cruise Line!!
15005964533_8d57e67def_z.jpg

Haha... that's a good a reason as any!

OMG CHICKEN PARM
15005923724_38a4acd231_z.jpg

OMG!!! This looks SO DELICIOUS!!!

Last edited:
Just getting caught up after a long Dis break...Star Wars rebel challenge early registration was yesterday and I decided to jump on it - my first DL race!! So that motivated me to jump back on the Dis and see what my fellow run Dis-ers are up to! Your great reviews of DL races motivated me to go for it - so thanks! So much I've missed here...
Happy belated anniversary! You guys are too cute.
That 10K you did after Tink looked miserable! Sleet in May?? This is why I live in Georgia.
The May the 4th mystery singlet...SO glad I took a chance and ordered it! I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to wear it for the Rebel Challenge! I had no idea about the homage to R2D2 and BB8 on the back! Like it could have been any more awesome!
Try not to worry about your pace too much (I know, I get hung up on it too) and just keep on being consistent with your training.
Oh the purses - I need to sell some of my DDB's because I just don't use them much but finding it so hard to let them go. I "only" have 6 DDB's but they are all special to me. As for Harveys, I just have one- the DL 60th poster wristlet you got (I got mine off of FB because I really wanted an HM poster and a Matterhorn poster) - love the pattern but the bag is just a bit too small for me. I tried ditching my wallet and just sticking cash and cards loose but they would spill out. Let me know how you use it because I really want to use mine more!
Ahhhh the Disney cruise is just around the corner! You guys are going to have an amazing time! We have only been on one Disney cruise, the Dream last year, and are sailing again next spring break. We loved every minute - you have to do the Castaway Cay 5K (FREE Disney bling!). If you decide to run on the boat, I actually liked doing loops on deck 4 early in the morning watching the sunrise. Treadmill at sea, not so much. Enjoy it all - Palo is absolutely the best meal I have ever eaten in my life.
So have fun on your cruise - keep on running! :cheer2:

Only 12 more days?!?!? Woohoo that is so exciting!! That sounds like an absolutely perfect cruise - relaxation, relaxation, relaxation. I actually like shorter cruises. I find that I'm kinda over the whole cruising thing after 4-5 days. Now, I've never done a DCL cruise, so maybe it's different with Disney, but I think a shorter cruise is really ideal. Can't wait to hear all about it!
Yeah, this one totally snuck up on us. I'm starting to panic just a bit because I have work stuff I need to finish before we go!

We haven't figured out what our cruising sweet spot is. I still feel like 4 nights may be a bit short, and I'd maybe like to try a 7-night itinerary at some point, but I'm not sure we'd go longer than that. I think the 5-nighter we have booked for later this year may be the perfect length...unfortunately Disney doesn't do many 5-night itineraries.
Hopefully you have a better time on the Castaway Cay 5K this time. :)
UGH, me too!!
Oh that cruise sounds great! And I have to say, the bonus of getting to go twice in a year probably makes up for the shorter itinerary :)
YES, I agree! And bonus - it's a Christmas-themed cruise, so it'll be even more awesome.
One of these days we'll do a cruise, but we have so many park trips in mind it will be a few years :P
I really think my husband would be happy axing the parks completely and sticking to DCL for the foreseeable future...:eek: I'm not there yet!
12 Days until your cruise ... yay!
Woohoooo!!
A nice, lightly-planned cruise sounds perfect! Cruises are all about relaxing, and not having crazy plans in advance makes it easier to relax.
So true! That is the beauty of cruising. :) It's so different from the parks.
OMG Castaway Cay 5K. I know the course is hot and sunny and not clearly marked and whatever, but ... I want one of those cute medallions! Although I would like to do it without the cruise ship ... I don't do cruises.
My disappointment with the course is that you really don't see much of the island! I think I was expecting a path along the beach, but it just goes through the bike path. :confused3 I 100% would not do it if it weren't for the free medallion. :teeth:
Also, weird question ... does your Garmin work on Castaway Cay? I always kinda wondered. I'm guessing it probably does, but I never knew for sure.
Yes it does! Here's the map from when I did it in 2015...please note the temperature and humidity. :faint:
27442171512_3eb83e4cbf_z.jpg

Also ... towel folding class may be the cutest thing ever. I did know that they had those, but now I want to take one. I wonder if they have one at WDW...
Yeah, we didn't do it last time because, of course, the only time they offered it was when our Mixology class was happening. :rolleyes2 I'm excited to towel fold, but I'm not about to pass up Mixology. :teeth:
Ye… so weird! It’s worked out well because my sister is flying over on the Thursday morning so she’ll get to be there when it opens and I don’t have to worry about getting her stuff too. I’m getting the Eurostar the day before, it goes direct to Disneyland from one of the stations close to my job so I regularly see people in their Disney get up heading towards the platform on the way to work and feel all kinds jealousy…
Daily toture. :sad:
Hahaha you sure??

Don't worry guys... I got this :rotfl2:
3.gif
:scratchin I guess I cannot say for sure that I don't look like either of these guys when I work out! :rotfl:
BAH! I saw the price and ran away…
Yeah...it sucks. :sad2: Other alternative is to look for one on Facebook.
I’m trying to resist buying things ahead of my trip as I do like it when I find items over there and it kinda has a memory attached.. Also I know I will buy ALL THE THINGS when I get there.
So very true!! How can you not buy ALL OF THE THINGS when they're right there staring you in the face?!
I guess it must be tough cheering like that all day everyday.. I don’t blame him… poor guy
I'm sure some time off was...a-peel-ing to him.

:dogdance:

OOOOH I like challenges with days… I totally suck at them but I like reading about other people doing them. I’ve tried the 30day squat challenge like 5 times and each time I just forget around day 5 or something and then the whole thing is ruining. I also have to wait until the first of the month to start because I like it when my numbers match with the date and so then I wait until the 1st of the next month but totally space out and remember on the 2nd and it’s just too late then.

So anyway… back to you.. what’s the challenge? Also devastated about national cupcake day… I think we need to rectify this situation. I promise I will also eat a cupcake on June 26th and we can exchange cupcake photos...
Mainly it's to wear INKnBURN for 100 days, and the person that came up with the idea has little themes for each day. So today is World Oceans Day...so I had on the Angel Stripes shirt (which looks like an angel fish) and my Water shorts. Stuff like that.

People are also trying not to repeat items - like wear something only once throughout the entire 100 days. I don't have enough INKnBURN to do that!

June 26th...cupcake o'clock. I'm excited!!
I have the same problem with by boyfriend, he's very anti-cruising, I've managed to get him on board with a Disneyworld trip in the future but not a cruise and I kinda feel like the cruise is more suited to couples than with friends/family?! Maybe that's not true it's just the impression I have.
That's sort of the feeling I had about cruising too - I still can't believe I got him to try it. I really, really emphasized the food...I think that helped sway him. :)
YAH!!!

Haha... that's a good a reason as any!
Seriously, if they took away the bling, there would be no more CC5K for me!!
OMG!!! This looks SO DELICIOUS!!!
IT ISSSSSS AHHHH!!!!!!
Just getting caught up after a long Dis break...Star Wars rebel challenge early registration was yesterday and I decided to jump on it - my first DL race!! So that motivated me to jump back on the Dis and see what my fellow run Dis-ers are up to! Your great reviews of DL races motivated me to go for it - so thanks! So much I've missed here...
Welcome back! We all need DIS breaks every once in awhile...yay for the Rebel Challenge! My BFF did that this year and she had a blast - she said the 10K course in particular was awesome and she waited in line to meet BB-8 for, like, 30 minutes during a race. :)
Happy belated anniversary! You guys are too cute.
Thank you! :goodvibes
That 10K you did after Tink looked miserable! Sleet in May?? This is why I live in Georgia.
It was awful! They had early registration for next year and part of that was getting an "I survived 2016" shirt...still waiting for mine! :rotfl2:
The May the 4th mystery singlet...SO glad I took a chance and ordered it! I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to wear it for the Rebel Challenge! I had no idea about the homage to R2D2 and BB8 on the back! Like it could have been any more awesome!
:yay: YAY!! I'm so glad DIS people jumped on that - totally excellent that some Star Wars fans got a Star Wars shirt from them. :)
Try not to worry about your pace too much (I know, I get hung up on it too) and just keep on being consistent with your training.
I'm trying! this is going to sound so whiney, but I have always been frustrated at how hard I have to work to get better at running vs. how easy it seems to be for some other people - like people who can just get off the couch and do a marathon. It's frustrating to me how much I lost with the forced break from running, even though it was the right thing to do, and how long it is taking to get back to it. Oh well!!
Oh the purses - I need to sell some of my DDB's because I just don't use them much but finding it so hard to let them go. I "only" have 6 DDB's but they are all special to me. As for Harveys, I just have one- the DL 60th poster wristlet you got (I got mine off of FB because I really wanted an HM poster and a Matterhorn poster) - love the pattern but the bag is just a bit too small for me. I tried ditching my wallet and just sticking cash and cards loose but they would spill out. Let me know how you use it because I really want to use mine more!
This is pretty much exactly where I am with my D&B bags. I am down to 7, and they are all ones that I think I would have a hard time letting go of (2 WDW 40th anniversary bags, 2 DL 55th anniversary bags, 1 black balloons bag, 1 Haunted Mansion bag and my 2013 Marathon Weekend Satchel). I thought I was ready to possibly sell the Haunted Mansion one but I just can't get myself to do it.

I do agree that the poster hipster is very small. I haven't actually used mine very much yet, but I think it'll be perfect for the cruise and for going to WDw/Disneyland - places where I don't take many cards with me. Like it'll fit my phone, cash, some cards and a chapstick. Mr. A and I went out to dinner on Saturday and I took a hipster with me (the Star Wars SHAG one) and it was really nice to have such a small bag. There's no way I could use it as a regular purse, though. :confused3 I bought a Harveys Minnie on Facebook a couple of weeks ago thinking that that would be good to use with it, but the Minnie almost seemed too big. I may try one of the Harveys billfolds in it and see how that works.
Ahhhh the Disney cruise is just around the corner! You guys are going to have an amazing time! We have only been on one Disney cruise, the Dream last year, and are sailing again next spring break. We loved every minute - you have to do the Castaway Cay 5K (FREE Disney bling!). If you decide to run on the boat, I actually liked doing loops on deck 4 early in the morning watching the sunrise. Treadmill at sea, not so much. Enjoy it all - Palo is absolutely the best meal I have ever eaten in my life.
Yay!! Which itinerary are you sailing? I'm so excited for Palo...I need to start preparing my stomach!!
So have fun on your cruise - keep on running! :cheer2:
Thanks!! :goodvibes

Cruise plans look heavenly!! Last week, I booked our Feb. 2017 cruise (thought sadly it's on RCL not DCL :(), so I have had cruisin' on the brain!! I love that your eating twice at Palo! And I didn't realize DCL showed first run movies-- that will be so fun to see an ocean themed movie ON A CRUISE!! :teeth:

I feel you on the pain of leaving Archie at doggy camp. That is not easy!!

Oh and @dancingtodisney , you're gym videos are KILLING me! I scared my pup with my loud laughter seeing those! :rotfl2:

I really think my husband would be happy axing the parks completely and sticking to DCL for the foreseeable future...:eek: I'm not there yet!

Haha, I'm not really either - and it's not even that it's particularly intentional on our part, just that I decided I wanted to do a race this year, and then we had friends who were going to be in Florida and they asked if we would be interested in joining them, plus the fact that we've already got a May 2017 family trip in the works - so at least the next year is booked up with park trips :P

I'm thinking a cruise may be something we do if we end up farther from Orlando with our next move. Seems like it would kind of be a hassle to get there, but then everything would be taken care of. But who knows, we might keep doing parks too :P

Yes it does! Here's the map from when I did it in 2015...please note the temperature and humidity. :faint:

Holy crap, that is hot! I am not good in the heat (this is why I ran at 5:45 this morning) so I can't even imagine doing this one, even for the medal :P

Cruise plans look heavenly!! Last week, I booked our Feb. 2017 cruise (thought sadly it's on RCL not DCL :(), so I have had cruisin' on the brain!! I love that your eating twice at Palo! And I didn't realize DCL showed first run movies-- that will be so fun to see an ocean themed movie ON A CRUISE!! :teeth:
Will this be your first time on RCL?? I'm sort of curious to try it but Mr. A is firmly in the "DCL or no cruising at all" camp (which I am not mad about).

Yep, they do first-run movies on the ship (Disney only, of course). I think they premier (premEAR) them on the same day on the ship as they do on land! I hope we're able to get a seat! :eek:
I feel you on the pain of leaving Archie at doggy camp. That is not easy!!
It's the woooooorst!! Though, it's not like he'd be happy coming with us (he's a little anti-social and I'm pretty sure a plane ride would about kill him). So it's best for all, even if we miss him a ton. :(
Oh and @dancingtodisney , you're gym videos are KILLING me! I scared my pup with my loud laughter seeing those! :rotfl2:
@dancingtodisney is the queen of hilarious videos!
Haha, I'm not really either - and it's not even that it's particularly intentional on our part, just that I decided I wanted to do a race this year, and then we had friends who were going to be in Florida and they asked if we would be interested in joining them, plus the fact that we've already got a May 2017 family trip in the works - so at least the next year is booked up with park trips :P
Yeah, I sort of get his point - going to the parks is not what I would call "relaxing," like, at all, and with a cruise you definitely do get to relax. So that part is definitely appealing. But I still get to the parks a lot mostly with races, like you said, and lately I've been doing those solo or with BFFs, so it works out - I cruise with Mr. A but I still get my park time. :)
I'm thinking a cruise may be something we do if we end up farther from Orlando with our next move. Seems like it would kind of be a hassle to get there, but then everything would be taken care of. But who knows, we might keep doing parks too :P
Embarkation morning is sort of a production, for sure - and if you're cruising it's a good idea to be near the port area the day before in case of a flight delay or something, so it really starts the night before. And then you've got your transport to the port and then waiting to actually be able to embark. We'll probably be leaving our hotel room by 8:15, 8:30 and I'm not anticipating us actually setting foot on the ship until 11:30 at the earliest.
Holy crap, that is hot! I am not good in the heat (this is why I ran at 5:45 this morning) so I can't even imagine doing this one, even for the medal :P
RIGHT?! :faint: Granted, that was in July, so that's among the hottest part of the year...but yowza!!!

I remember the first time I did that race I was hoping to set a huge PR, and I was in better shape so I did manage to go faster during that one (and that was the most mild weather - overcast and we actually got a little rain)...but the other two times I've done it, it's been at a MUCH more relaxed pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter