My thought when I heard that the Millennium Falcon ride will be a simulation-based attraction

Do you like full simulation attractions? e.g Star Tours

• Total voters

Mut1ny

Earning My Ears
76ocuye090yx.jpg

Check it out. Universal Studios’, ‘Escape from Gringotts,’ looks like a simulation, act like a simulation, not a full simulation. Dark enclosure, big immersive screens, sho'. Not a full simulation. 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' video dome screens, yes. simulation at parts, maybe. Even simulation arm mechanism vehicle. But it charmed the pants off fans and won over the Disney crowds. That ain't full simulation. Never go full simulation. You don't buy that? Ask Universal Studios’, "King Kong 360 3D" Remember? Go full simulation, go home empty handed...

Last edited:
Like? Not really.
More tolerate.
Star Tours is a cheap dated technology attraction with most the imagineering in the queue.
I go on it with the rest but would be perfectly happy not going on it.
I fully expect when SWL and the Falcon attractions opens that Star Tours will close.

Last edited:
Like? Not really.
More tolerate.
Star Tours is a cheap dated technology attraction with most the imagineering in the queue.
I go on it with the rest but would be perfectly happy not going on it.
I fully expect when SWL and the Falcon attractions opens that Star Tours will close

Agreed, Star Tours should be retired it doesn't makes sense to have it in Tomorrowland once Star Wars land is opening.

Agreed, Star Tours should be retired it doesn't makes sense to have it in Tomorrowland once Star Wars land is opening.

In WDW Star Tours is in Hollywood Studios not the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland.

Our family really loves the Millennium Falcon on the Disney Dream and prefer the simulation(ish) rides at Universal (KK, FJ, Minions) so this is exciting to me.

Universal has gotten way over-reliant on simulator rides. I hope Disney doesn't head too far in this direction (though I wouldn't be surprised if they do). The other attraction (Battle Escape) sounds like they will be using tons of animatronics which is exciting and should balance things out in SW land.

I'm very encouraged by what I saw in the new attractions at Disney Shanghi, especially Pirates. Watching the projection technology and everything else in that ride makes me really hopeful for what they will do with Star Wars. I'm not really sure what type of ride is in the works but with all this new tech Disney has to work with keep me hopefully.

I'm very encouraged by what I saw in the new attractions at Disney Shanghi, especially Pirates. Watching the projection technology and everything else in that ride makes me really hopeful for what they will do with Star Wars. I'm not really sure what type of ride is in the works but with all this new tech Disney has to work with keep me hopefully.

As long as they share it state-side. DH and DD (who worked at Disney a year) went to TOKYO Sea & Disneyland. They said their attractions (mostly SEA) blew ours out of the water. Why do they have these great rides with great themed queues and we don't have them here????

As long as they share it state-side. DH and DD (who worked at Disney a year) went to TOKYO Sea & Disneyland. They said their attractions (mostly SEA) blew ours out of the water. Why do they have these great rides with great themed queues and we don't have them here????

Honestly I think it has a lot to do with the fact that those parks are so much newer than ours. Plus certain aspects of our attractions like pirates are great attractions because of the history, a history which the parks like Tokyo and Shanghi don't have.

76ocuye090yx.jpg

Check it out. Universal Studios’, ‘Escape from Gringotts,’ looks like a simulation, act like a simulation, not a full simulation. Dark enclosure, big immersive screens, sho'. Not a full simulation. 'Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey' video dome screens, yes. simulation at parts, maybe. Even simulation arm mechanism vehicle. But it charmed the pants off fans and won over the Disney crowds. That ain't full simulation. Never go full simulation. You don't buy that? Ask Universal Studios’, "King Kong 360 3D" Remember? Go full simulation, go home empty handed...

Honestly one of the best posts of the year. I just watched this movie again the other day, so funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter