My first even solo trip - quick report Jan 4th - 6th 2016

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
Suffering from very serious DLRP withdrawal symptoms and as no one in my family seemed keen in joining me there, I decided to take my very first ever solo trip there.

The choice was between new years eve or the last days of the Christmas season, the decision was made when I checked the prices for the two periods lol plus I found a very good deal on the DLRP French website and could get a 3 days 2 nights stay at the Cheyenne for 280 euros

Anyway… got the plane in Florence on Monday Jan 4th morning, the flights there had been cancelled or delayed for quite a few days before of the fog but luckily enough mine was on time and so got to CDG around 9, got the TGV to Marne and around 10.30 I was at the Cheyenne. Queue for checking in was long but went quickly, my room was ready and so I got the key, it was in the Billy The Kid building, funny enough I have always slept there all the three times I have been.

Now, I have to say the Cheyenne looks pretty old and in need of a refurbishment, the bathroom was missing a few tiles and it was not too clean either.. there was a wired internet connection but not a wi fi one so it was pretty useless when you have an ipad or a smartphone – as I think most of the people on holiday has..

Anyway I left my luggage and walked my way to the park – as I have most of the days as I do not like to take buses

I do not want to bother you with the description of what I have done daily… will just say that the refurbishments going on did not disturb me too much, crowds were never too long but for Ratatouille or Crush, Crush is the only ride where it’s never worth to take the single riders queue as it takes longer than the *normal one*, I mean, if you are solo and in the normal queue, you get to the gate and they let you in anyway, if you are in the solo queue and you get to the gate you have to wait for a party of three people to jump on the shell and I can tell it happens not so often..

I was able to ride Space Mountain many times and always with a five minutes queue, same for Indiana Jones, and most of the rides in the main park but Peter Pan that anyway has never been my favourite one lol

EMH were in the Studios every morning… what should I say… to be there two hours before the opening is good just of you want to join the queue for Mickey or to meet some character, Crush had a 25 minute queue before the opening, RnR Coaster was down the first morning and anyway has never a long queue, Ratatouille was 10 mins for solo riders as most of the times, ToT was a walk in, more, I had to wait for more people to arrive as they could not let me go in alone lol

Said that… after about one hour you have done everything possible, shops are closed and you get… bored….so on my first morning there I joined Mickey’s queue and got my photos with the Big Guy and his girlfriend after… 1 and a half hour as interaction with everyone was pretty long…

Weather wise it was raining but not too much, cold but not unbearable, as said parks busy but not too much… had the pleasure to meet Carrie but was not able to meet Anne Walker so will have to come back another time just to do this Anne ;)
I love Disney Dreams even thought quite a few seem not to, the lightning of the Christmas Tree is lovely IMO

So it was a success I can tell, it’s nice to have time just for yourself and to decide what to do and when, I think I will do it again if I feel the urge to go and no one wants to join me lol

At this link you can find the complete album of my pics if you want to have a look...

http://s132.photobucket.com/user/giuly09/library/Facebook/Disneyland Gennaio 2016

you will be asked for a password and it's GIULIA all in caps

Lovely trip report! Glad you had a lovely time! Just looking through your pictures now! :)

C x

I was so sorry not to get to meet up with you Giulia, as you say another time hun x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter