My Butt Feels Weird-September 2016 TR *Completed 1/19*

Day 4: Part 3

While waiting in line for LwtL the boys were fighting again, and that’s when I noticed that DS4 didn’t have his magic band on. This had been a constant struggle all weekend. For one, one of his sensitivities is tactile, meaning he is very bothered by things on him. So for that reason, he would never keep the MB on long, but also whenever he got mad, which was a lot, he would take it off and throw it down on the ground saying he wanted to go home. If you’re thinking why didn’t you just take it away from him, well we did, but he would still find it and put it on forgetting that he actually hated it:sad2:. As you can imagine he got reprimanded often for this, but the result was always the same. I was obviously very annoyed by this, especially since we needed the MB in order to get on Frozen Ever After, which we still had a FP from earlier to use. My mom naively thought that they would just let you on, but I told her that would probably not happen given the popularity of the ride and I wasn’t about to walk all the way to Norway just to be turned down. We didn’t have long to worry about it, because it was time to ride LwtL.

Seeing pineapples grow is just cool to me.

A lot of the fish tanks either had tarp over them or were empty as you can kind see here.

r

When we got to this portion of the ride we stopped moving. It was exactly our ADR time, so I was hoping since we were near the end of the ride, we would be off soon.

Half hour later we were off the ride. Now being very late for our ADR, I was hoping the CM would take pity on me and still let us eat. I explained to the CM and he said no problem, except he couldn’t find our ADR. I pulled up our reservation number and even then he was acting like he wasn’t going to let us eat. I was getting worried, but finally he said oh here you are, you got knocked off because your too late:sad2:. I once again explained the ride breaking down and he gave us a pager.

Shortly after, we were brought to our table with these cute plates.

We had the most amazing, chatty sever, which was good because it took forever for food to come out. We got three characters before any food came out.

Dale

Chip

Nicholas finally got in on some action
Mickey

Finally we got some food, but no pictures. I think we had bread of some kind, which was all DS4 would eat, good use of $25 :rolleyes2. We got sausage, turkey and stuffing, beef and mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries, and mac and cheese with goldfish. I was not aware they had changed the menu which was a disappointment. In fact I really didn’t like this meal at all. I don’t like sausage at all or turkey really. The meat was very dry and hard to eat. I wish they would have kept the fish, but in instead we all filled up on the sides. We still hadn’t see Pluto and the boys were getting antsy. Our server said he had something special for the birthday boy. He came back out with a card and cupcake and made a big deal about it being his birthday, We all sang to him and then he blew out the candles. :bday:

We also had strawberry shortcake, again slightly disappointing since I was hoping for the berry cobbler. We were still waiting for Pluto and the boys were getting antsy. I gave DS2 my phone to play with and this was the result.

So artsy :rotfl2:

Not so artsy and I got about 20 more of this

Finally, we got a visit from Pluto and it was worth the wait. He spent so much time with the boys, though at this point DS2 was not interested. He had a phone and dessert to contend with.

Chip came back around while we were paying.

With the delay getting to dinner and the long time it took to eat, we got out of Garden Grill much later than anticipated. We planned on leaving Epcot at 8 and it was just past 7:30, and we still had two more rides to check off our list. It was pouring rain when we went to get our stroller which it along with the ponchos which were underneath were completely soaked, and we had the rain cover on. We decided to head over to Spaceship Earth first and then just play everything by ear.

All the boys loved the ride, expect DS6 was very disappointed that the picture thing didn’t work. We had this all three rides in May and I was surprised it’s still not fixed:confused3. Afterward, the boys were still in a good mood, so I told my mom to stay there with DS4&6 and I would head over to guest services with DS2 to try and get a replacement card for DS4. It was still pouring but I ran across the way quickly. The line was pretty long, but only took about ten minutes. The CM quickly made me a card for DS4 to use and I went back to SE. The boys had just gotten their turn on the power the city game, so we let them play before leaving.

Afterwards, we got our ponchos on and walked as quickly as possible to Norway. The entire time we couldn’t see where we were going and in the process getting completely drenched. We finally made it to Frozen Ever After and thankfully it was up and running. It was crazy crowded in there, but with the FP we only waited about 15 minutes.

Finally on the ride and we loved it, but skip ahead if you don’t want spoilers.

DS4's face :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We all loved this one so much. The drop surprised us and scared the crap out of DS4, but we all made it out alive.

It was still raining, but had slowed down some, we still got wet going back though. By the time we reached the monorail the rain had all but stopped and we got to see fireworks going off from either Illuminations or the Star Wars ones, I don’t remember. The little boys fell asleep on the way back, so the rest of us got Dole Whips to celebrate our last night.

We then got comfy on the balcony and waited for Wishes to start.

As always Wishes was amazing, and it was even better being able to view it from our room. I had thought I read in a TR a long time ago, that there was a channel at the monorail resorts that you could pipe in the music on your TV. My mom discovered on the first night, this was either never true or no longer offered, which was a big disappointment. So they had watched the previous two nights with no sound. But luckily I have the soundtrack on my phone and was able to almost perfectly sync it up:thumbsup2.

After Wishes, I wanted to go back to the Grand Ceremonial House, to pick up some Halloween decorations I had been eying. DS 6 & 4 came with me and somehow talked me into buying them a pin starter pack, which came with four pins and a lanyard and they also picked out one pin each. If you read my TR, you know that my husband got into pin trading on our last day in May and it became expensive fast. Apparently, the boys wanted to follow their dad. Unfortunately the Halloween merch I was looking for wasn’t there, so I wasn’t able to get it. I also went down to pay the balance of my room down with the gift cards I had, before they charged my credit card. For some reason we went into Bou-Tiki, I think I might have been looking for a Poly specific souvenir to buy. We met the sweetest CP who was enamored with DS4. He wanted to pin trade, but didn’t really want to give up a pin, so she just gave him onepixiedust:. Purchases made, we headed back to the room to get ready to leave the next day.

Last edited:
Joining in. Sounds like you were having a great trip meltdowns aside :)

Half hour later we were off the ride. Now being very late for our ADR, I was hoping the CM would take pity on me and still let us eat. I explained to the CM and he said no problem, except he couldn’t find our ADR. I pulled up our reservation number and even then he was acting like he wasn’t going to let us eat. I was getting worried, but finally he said oh here you are, you got knocked off because your too late:sad2:. I once again explained the ride breaking down and he gave us a pager.
What? Is Dory working at the hostess stand for Garden Grill now????

It was pouring rain when we went to get our stroller which it along with the ponchos which were underneath were completely soaked, and we had the rain cover on.
Oh yuck... must have been some strong wind too. Even more frustrating when you go through the effort to use the rain cover and it still gets drenched.

Finally on the ride and we loved it, but skip ahead if you don’t want spoilers.
I'm glad everything worked out and you we able to replace his lost band so that you could all ride.

We then got comfy on the balcony and waited for Wishes to start.
And there's no better way to spend your last night at Disney World.

Meanwhile we were enjoying a trip around the world. DS6 and I both loved it, I was very happy for the refurb:thumbsup2.
Glad you got to ride. We really enjoyed the new version as well.

Apparently, he didn’t want to leave the area, just the section he was in, because obviously I should have known that:rolleyes2.
:headache: That sounds familiar.

Having just spent money on that darn toy, I wasn’t about to just let it go, so I climbed over the rocks to get it. I was scared to get in trouble for climbing on the structure but I was quick and no one saw me:faint:.
:rotfl: Way to go! Glad you got it! I think I'd do the same.

I absolutely loved the theming of the summer haus, it was so pretty in there.
It's really well done!

Then we got some posed pictures, which are my favorite from the whole trip.

Really cute photos!

When I told him where we was saying his response was, that’s a lot of money:blush:.
:eek: Wow, no filter there!

When we got to this portion of the ride we stopped moving. It was exactly our ADR time, so I was hoping since we were near the end of the ride, we would be off soon.

Half hour later we were off the ride.
Oh no! Of COURSE that would happen when you're already short on time. :sad2:

As always Wishes was amazing, and it was even better being able to view it from our room.
That does seem like a pretty awesome way to view Wishes!

I'm sorry you ended up being late to your ADR, I'm glad you were still able to get in though. Cute pics with the characters!

I'm glad the CM was able to get DS sorted so he could still use his FP.

Watching Wishes from your room sounds like a great way to end your last night.

Joining in. Sounds like you were having a great trip meltdowns aside :)
:welcome:

What? Is Dory working at the hostess stand for Garden Grill now????
:rotfl2:I literally laughed for about a minute at this comment.

Oh yuck... must have been some strong wind too. Even more frustrating when you go through the effort to use the rain cover and it still gets drenched.
Yeah, it was raining sideways at points.

I'm glad everything worked out and you we able to replace his lost band so that you could all ride.
Definitely glad I took the time to go to guest services

And there's no better way to spend your last night at Disney World.
agreed

:headache: That sounds familiar.
I guess we should learn to read minds :rotfl2:

It's really well done!
Yeah, I took about a million pictures of all the details

Really cute photos!
thanks

:eek: Wow, no filter there!
he was definitely lacking in a filter

Oh no! Of COURSE that would happen when you're already short on time. :sad2:
Murphy's law right?

That does seem like a pretty awesome way to view Wishes!
Definitely was

I'm sorry you ended up being late to your ADR, I'm glad you were still able to get in though. Cute pics with the characters!

I'm glad the CM was able to get DS sorted so he could still use his FP.

Watching Wishes from your room sounds like a great way to end your last night.
Thanks it turned out to be our best day of the trip.

It was our departure day, and honestly I wasn’t that sad to leave. Between the very difficult behavior with the two littlest, the heat, and the crowds, I was coming away from this trip pretty disappointed and just ready to go home. DS2 was up to his usual mischievous behavior and drew all over himself.

We got everything packed and then made our way over to the GCH for some breakfast. This morning we had an ADR at Kona Café.

While we were waiting I saw the atrocious server we had in May and I was hoping and prayer we wouldn’t get her again. Thankfully, once seated, we found out we had a new, much better server. :woohoo: Being our only non-character dining this trip, the boys were much antsier than usual. I don’t remember what they got, but my mom and I both had Tonga Toast.

It was absolutely delicious and for the time being, seems that maybe that went back to their original, less stingy recipe:thumbsup2. My mom left right after with DS6 & 2, while I settled the bill. DS4 was having some fun hanging out with just me.

After breakfast, I went to check out the gift shop one last time and ended up walking away with three brand new plushes, thanks to the persuasion of DS4:blush:. When we got back to the room it was sadly time to say goodbye.

Gosh, I’m miss that view.

We checked our luggage and did airline check in. My mom gets free bags because she has a credit card with American, but the guy ended up giving us both free bags, which was a nice touch of pixie dust right before we left. It was then time to board the tragical express.

We got through security easily thanks to our Pre-check and then we got lunch in a very crowded food court.

Shortly after we were on the plane and saying see ya real soon to MCO.

The flight was uneventful and we got to Chicago safely. After a goodbye to my mom, she got a layover in Chicago before flying back to Dallas, the boys and I made our four-hour drive home.

The End
Thanks to everyone who followed along on this one. I'll have some post trip stuff soon.

After breakfast, I went to check out the gift shop one last time and ended up walking away with three brand new plushes, thanks to the persuasion of DS4:blush:.
Haha, it's amazing how persuasive a 4 year old can be!

Thanks to everyone who followed along on this one. I'll have some post trip stuff soon.
Thanks for writing it and I look forward to more!

DS2 was up to his usual mischievous behavior and drew all over himself.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

While we were waiting I saw the atrocious server we had in May and I was hoping and prayer we wouldn’t get her again. Thankfully, once seated, we found out we had a new, much better server.
Whew. That's a relief!

After breakfast, I went to check out the gift shop one last time and ended up walking away with three brand new plushes, thanks to the persuasion of DS4:blush:.
Hey, he had a rocky trip. Let's end it on a high note, even if it is a little on the expensive side. :rotfl2:

Enjoyed reading about it. I'm sorry for the struggles you had, but it always gives those of us traveling with kids around those ages some things to think about as we're planning. As I know with our 4 year old, they can be very mercurial at times.

I don't blame you for being ready to go home. At least you had a nice last breakfast at Kona. Glad to hear your trip home went smooth!

Haha, it's amazing how persuasive a 4 year old can be!
:rotfl2:He asked so nicely

Thanks for writing it and I look forward to more!
Thanks for reading. Already planning on doing a TR for our next one, we leave tomorrow :goodvibes

Whew. That's a relief!
:banana:

Hey, he had a rocky trip. Let's end it on a high note, even if it is a little on the expensive side. :rotfl2:
Well my mom had bought all their souvenirs, so I thought it was okay:rotfl:

Enjoyed reading about it. I'm sorry for the struggles you had, but it always gives those of us traveling with kids around those ages some things to think about as we're planning. As I know with our 4 year old, they can be very mercurial at times.
Yes, it's very challenging and if my experiences can help someone else it's great. Let's just hope this trip coming up is a little smoother ::yes::

I don't blame you for being ready to go home. At least you had a nice last breakfast at Kona. Glad to hear your trip home went smooth!
Thanks, it was sad to leave the Poly, but yeah I was just burnt out even after just a weekend.

Trip Wrap Up

If you stuck around with me for this TR, thanks. I felt like it was a lot of negative, which I try to keep out of my TRs, but it’s honestly how the trip went. This was our third vacation this past summer, and it was by far the worst behavior I’d seen, so that alone would have been bad. But on top of that, even though I expected heat and humidity, actually dealing with it was way worse. Combined with the insane (in my opinion) crowds, my happy place turned into a place I didn’t much care for. I think I would have come away from this trip disappointed even if the boys had been perfect angels the whole time. It’s funny because prior to this trip I had said that our trip in Jan would be the last one we would take during the school year, but just imagining having to deal with those kinds of crowds and heat in the summer quickly changed my mind:rotfl2:. That being said, I definitely don’t think we’ll be back during the summer for a long, long time, if ever.

The Polynesian was absolutely amazing, and I would 100% stay there in a heartbeat if it weren’t for cost. The service was impeccable, the CMs were so friendly, and the amenities definitely make it worth the price tag, I just don’t foresee a time when that would be in our budget, unless we went with renting DVC points.

The Halloween Party was great and I would definitely do that again. We ended up with so much candy it lasted us for weeks after. The entertainment alone, makes it worth the cost of a ticket.

Overall, I think that the trip was worth it, just for the happy moments we had, even though I feel the bad moments stick out to me more. The times when everyone was enjoying themselves, made all the hard times disappear even for a few minutes, but needless to say I was glad to get home. It also gave me some strategies for our next trip, next week. I think that it’s important for any parents of little kids to remember that how your kids handle one trip is not how they will handle it the next time. So I am fully prepared for different behaviors next time, but preparing for any outcomes. DS4 has since started preschool, and I think that has helped his sensitivities a lot. DS2 was just at the beginning stages of the terrible two’s, but now it’s full-fledged so we’re preparing for that. DS6 did amazingly well, and I am so proud of him. Besides annoying his brothers in line, which he does at home too, he really did so well. Especially when you add in the fact that he was sick, he never complained, and lasted through very long days. If I could give any advice to parents it’s that planning is important, but be prepared to drop those plans when things start to go south:thumbsup2.

I hope you all enjoyed my latest trip report, thanks for reading. Stay tuned for my next TR, which should start in a few weeks or follow the trip live on Instagram _AshleyInNeverland_

Se ya real soon!

Reactions: Fia
Just read the trip wrap up - great choice for a final meal! LOVE Kona!! I'm sorry that you see such negative memories from the trip but it's good that overall you're glad you went. Those times with the boys will be precious down the road, and so nice you got to spend a little one on one time with each, too. Neat how DS6 was able to stay out late with you! I am at the earlier stages of your family dynamic, with an older DD who has literally been an angel on our trips (not exaggerating, she is amazing to travel with), DD #2 who is only 14 months old, and DD #3 on the way - so in a couple years we'll see how things go on these trips lol!

Glad you had a semi good end to your trip. I had a disappointing trip to Disneyland Paris before it's awful when it happens because it's almost like your happy place has let you down but every trip is different. Hopefully your next one will be fabulous and will make up for the bad moments on this one.

The Halloween Party was great and I would definitely do that again. We ended up with so much candy it lasted us for weeks after. The entertainment alone, makes it worth the cost of a ticket.
Great to hear! I'm excited, as we are planning to go to one of the parties when we go back this fall. It's been since 2011 (I think?), so should be a blast and Izzy will love it!

If I could give any advice to parents it’s that planning is important, but be prepared to drop those plans when things start to go south:thumbsup2.
Totally 100% agree!

Hope you are having a wonderful and magical trip!

Just read your whole report! I appreciate the honesty. I have had those Disney moments too! I have a question... was your rainy Epcot night the Sunday of Labor Day weekend by chance? We were there that day too.. and had or FEA ride down at our FP time (3:50-4:50) so also rode toward the end of the night while it was raining buckets. I feel like we finally got on it around 7:30. We were in Mexico before also and rode the boat ride in there too. For the first time ever, we lost a kid at Disney... leaving the temple and going to FEA in the rain. There was a freakout at the fastpass entrance and then all 9 of us running back to the temple to find my 6 year old. Just in case you saw us:).

Thanks for sharing and have a great time on your upcoming trip! :)
Thank you for reading.

Have a great time! Hopefully this one is full of positives!
Thanks, just back and it was a great one. Can't wait to share it.

Just read the trip wrap up - great choice for a final meal! LOVE Kona!! I'm sorry that you see such negative memories from the trip but it's good that overall you're glad you went. Those times with the boys will be precious down the road, and so nice you got to spend a little one on one time with each, too. Neat how DS6 was able to stay out late with you! I am at the earlier stages of your family dynamic, with an older DD who has literally been an angel on our trips (not exaggerating, she is amazing to travel with), DD #2 who is only 14 months old, and DD #3 on the way - so in a couple years we'll see how things go on these trips lol!
Sounds very similar to our situation. DS6 is a dream for the most part and now that DS4 is maturing a little bit he's getting better too, now we just have to wait for DS2 to get out of the VERY trying age and we'll be all set.

Glad you had a semi good end to your trip. I had a disappointing trip to Disneyland Paris before it's awful when it happens because it's almost like your happy place has let you down but every trip is different. Hopefully your next one will be fabulous and will make up for the bad moments on this one.
You said it perfectly, it was a letdown. This trip was just as trying, but had so much pixie dust that it didn't even matter :D

Great to hear! I'm excited, as we are planning to go to one of the parties when we go back this fall. It's been since 2011 (I think?), so should be a blast and Izzy will love it!
Awesome, she'll be at a good age to go.

Hope you are having a wonderful and magical trip!
The trip was amazing, will be sharing soon.

Just read your whole report! I appreciate the honesty. I have had those Disney moments too! I have a question... was your rainy Epcot night the Sunday of Labor Day weekend by chance? We were there that day too.. and had or FEA ride down at our FP time (3:50-4:50) so also rode toward the end of the night while it was raining buckets. I feel like we finally got on it around 7:30. We were in Mexico before also and rode the boat ride in there too. For the first time ever, we lost a kid at Disney... leaving the temple and going to FEA in the rain. There was a freakout at the fastpass entrance and then all 9 of us running back to the temple to find my 6 year old. Just in case you saw us:).
It was the same day. We didn't end up getting there until just before 9 though. I'm sorry you lost your kid, that must have been scary, especially in that rain. Thanks for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter