My 2nd tale... Fantasy Rd 2, TR Rd 2: NO sea sickness! [Apr '16-East Car.] (Upd Apr19: COMPLETED)

Fantasy Round 2: Cruise Day 3!

Cruise Day 3 [part 2]: Second Day at Sea… AquaDuck, Dinner at Enchanted Garden, Bit of Shopping!

Here are some very random photos from apparently my lone walk around the ship while mom and dad were napping, and Michelle and Glendon were still at Mixology…

Apparently random mirror photos were a thing for me??? I think I was surprised to find myself in an empty elevator haha:
lGcsegK.jpg

Tile work:
qO5CIgb.jpg

(Yes.. for those that recognize… from the inside of one of those individual toilets by the Europa area LAUGH EMOJI. WHAT! You don’t realize just how nice it is when you’re sitting doing your business and it’s a gorgeous wall around you and privacy of an individual toilet so no one can tell you’ve been sitting there staring at the walls and mirrored ceiling)

Here is a random photo from this day when I was alone in the Stateroom and I put on Cinderella (my favourite princess movie). Our stuff basically exploded all over the room, which means all of it was basically on the desk ahaha:
atKzLHu.jpg

We had all decided that we would meet up at around 5:45 so that we could all ride the AquaDuck for the first time together! We chose 5:45 because that’s when the first dining seating starts and we knew the ship was going to quiet down like crazy. Plus the sun is still out hehe. My mom had been watching riders the past couple of days and she’d been getting super excited as well as nervous (she always gets nervous anything water-slide related even if you’re sitting in a tube haha!).

Here is a photo of mom and dad just before we loaded our stuff into cubbies!
th9Vfml.jpg

(Mom died herself laughing when I showed her the picture because the wind blew open my dad’s shirt to reveal his big beer belly right as I hit capture and that’s all she can see.)

We partnered up! Dad with Michelle and Mom with me! (I think mom wanted to sit with me instead of dad because she was slightly nervous and because I’ve been on it before she felt a little bit more comfortable than with dad hahaha). The entire time we were walking up the stairs mom was worried it would be too fast. Dad and Michelle went first. And dad being dad, he screamed and shouted as loud as he could to make it sound scarier than it is to tease my mom ahahaha. Mom was soooo nervous when we sat down she gripped the handles so tight ahahaha. BUT after entering the slide she was good! It’s fast but not terrifyingly fast! She screamed during the dips but oooh’ed at the long runs when you can see the view and the ship haha. All in all, everyone had fun. I’m a huge water slides thrills fanatic, and I still love the AquaDuck! It’s different than a waterslide in that you’re going thruogh clear tubing! And you’re above deck on a ship. In the middle of the ocean. HOW CRAZY IS THAT REALLY haha! Too much fun!

(Glendon didn’t ride. His stomach was still doing minor flip-flops from being on the ship. Not terrible, but enough that he was uncomfortable. Plus mixed with the alcoholic beverages from mixology he just thought it was best for his body to not go swooshing around haha)

After our ride on the AquaDuck, mom and dad went to change and wash up. Michelle and I sat in the hot tubs for a bit, then we also went back to our room to get washed up. Perfect timing because mom and dad were done. We had planned to go to Buena Vista Theatre to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Mom was wanting to watch it because she heard so much about it. Dad didn’t want to watch because he knew he wouldn’t be able to follow along. Which we told mom, you probably wouldn’t understand what was happening either aha. She got Glendon and I to explain the movie and she was like “that’s what Star Wars is?” LOL silly mother, what did you think it was! So she decided to hang out with dad. Michelle was curious as well since it had been so popular. Glendon and I just wanted to see it again because who doesn’t! (Apparently my family ahaha)

BUT FIRST! We wanted to quickly run up on deck and catch the sunset!!! (Glendon went to go save us seats in the theatre)

Our photos were terrible haha:
Ct96KX0.jpg

The clouds were so low you couldn’t really see the sun:
Pqj1LRd.jpg

This was my mom’s photo she took through a window (you can see the reflection of lights behind her haha)
fckXJEf.jpg

Unfortunately that was all we were able to photograph. But at least Michelle finally got to see the ball of inferno plop over the horizon!

When we got to the theatre, luckily we were only a couple of minutes late so we didn’t miss too much. Glendon had also chosen a row that was easy for us to get to so we didn’t have to disturb too many people by popping in late. Poor Michelle, I have no idea why she decided to come and watch with us. She leaned in to whisper to me a few times for clarification of characters and I tried to do my best for her haha. When Kylo Ren came on screen she whispered to me “I know this one! Darth Vader right?” ahahaha. Eventually she just fell asleep.

After movie… Dinner at Enchanted Garden!
I love this restaurant. The theming and decor are just so cute. I especially love the ceiling flower lamp things haha

Ak7RNn8.jpg

Here is a photo of dad and mom sitting at the table already when we arrived
Z1eqZ42.jpg

(I love when dad goofy grins haha. For a long time his smiles used to always look like a grimace)

The flower lamp thing closest to us:
3XPBY45.jpg

Menu!
5spdWxY.jpg

(Soooooo I took a photo of the front of the menu but forgot to take a photo of the actual menu inside so I don’t remember what everything is called or who ordered what ahaha. Sorry!)

I had to start one of my favourite things ever: A tuna stack! Mmmmm I love tuna stacks. I can’t NOT order one!
oabKVyW.jpg

Looks like mom and dad had a spinach salad with blue cheese (I think?) and raspberries with I’m going to assume a sort of raspberry vinaigrette and… pine nuts?:
FMeVoXd.jpg

(I’m just guessing by what I see haha.)

Michelle had what looks like a romaine hearts salad thing:
BdqipFN.jpg

Glendon also had a tuna stack! (and looks like he got himself some camomile tea as well)
95p6F0z.jpg

I also had this cucumber salad roll:
vrtKAx6.jpg

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I LOVED this one. Even more than my beloved tuna stack! MMMM I want to try and make this at home, but I can’t remember what is all in it!! It looks so simple but it was so fresh and tasty

Ahahahaha and it looks like Michelle and mom ALSO ordered a tuna stack:
cKuVfl8.jpg

(I have no idea why I decided to post all the tuna stacks. I totally laughed out loud when I saw how many photos os tuna stacks I had.)

Glendon had this ravioli dish! I think it’s a lobster ravioli
kH2KJcj.jpg

Mmm that does look yummy though. (He didn’t order an entree in case his stomach still wasn’t the greatest)

After appetizers came our entrees. Poor Michelle, after eating her salad she realized that her stomach definitely wasn’t better yet. At least, not ready for heavy entrees. (She also ordered the ravioli, as well as fish for entree) SO she left early to go lie down in bed in our room. She felt so bad when she had to tell our server Jimi that she still wasn’t feeling well and had to leave. Since her food was already ordered and already plated, Jimi said that he could cover it up and we could take it to our room for her later! In case she got hungry and wanted to try her food in the room.

Entree I had the scallop dish. Five GIGANTIC scallops =O!!!!!
rxAP2B9.jpg

(I see in the back that dad also got the scallops)

So here is dad’s scallops
veWsyFl.jpg

I don’t SEE a difference in my dairy free one and dad’s normal one other than that I got 4 fat asparagus pieces and 5 fat gigantic scallops while dad got 5 skinny asparagus pieces and 6 slightly smaller but still pretty large scallops ahaha.
Good to know that they portion out not just by number but actual portion size!

Mom had this creamy fish dish:
heOgUTd.jpg

Mom LOVED this! (Michelle also ordered this so she was really hoping Michelle would be well enough to try it later)
EDIT: I have been told by Glendon that this was sea bass. No wonder my mom liked it so much!!! She LOVES sea bass!

Part of the reason why I think this restaurant is so neat? The lighting gradually changes from a almost daylight-setting at the beginning to a beautiful dusk. But it’s gradual like if you were in a real outdoor garden. Plus those ceiling flower lamps? They bloom!

So pretty!
bThjZt5.jpg

I think we were all pretty happy with our meal this day, and I don’t think any of us ordered any dessert? At least, no one had any photos of any dessert haha. Either way we had a big day and very satisfying meal.

On our walk back to the room… another view of the very beautiful chandelier in the atrium:
r2Z1650.jpg

(Hehe the Mickey details though!)

We also stopped in the shops real quick on our way back to pick up some Pepto Bismol for Michelle. Dad and Glendon brought the food back for her first.

When we got back to our room, we found this animal from turn down service! Mom thought it was the funniest thing that they used my sunglasses:
A3eL1ii.jpg

(Haha in background is Michelle’s food trays)

Mom also loves the sleepy time chocolates so she decided to pose them together for a photo…
IFAjStl.jpg

After leaving the Pepto Bismol for Michelle, Mom Glendon and I decided to go back to the shops and really take a look around. Dad decided he was pretty tired and stayed behind.

Here is the giant mural of Walt at the Walt Disney Theatre
Tjg7yTn.jpg

Some cute stuffies we saw in the shop included a Cruise Director Duffy:
MR3ex4T.jpg

A Darth Vader Duffy:
UdAOpH6.jpg

(Can you tell Glendon and I like Duffy the Disney Bear? I got very very very sick on our very first trip to Disneyland together… threw up in a washroom type of very sick… and I was feeling really down. He decided to get me a Duffy with the remainders of our cash for that trip to make me feel better. Duffy did make me feel better, even though we ran out of cash on that trip because of it ahahaha. But now every time we see Duffy it’s a fun memory!)

And very cute cruise ship Chip and Dale!
5DzgGPl.jpg

And to end this day… our last adventure before heading for bed…

Remember when we decided that face swapping was a thing this trip?

Eww! Sorry Mr Disney…. My face definitely makes yours look like a demon of some sort. I think you can keep your face!
SDgqMRb.jpg

To come… Cruise Day 4: Finally our first port day! TORTOLA!!!!! With our tour to Virgin Gorda excursion!

Last edited:
Oh my god....that snap chat photo at the end......

DYING!!!!! :rotfl2:

Tuna stack.....oh so lovely.....going to order that as many times as I can!!

I laughed imagining your parents on the aquaduck...not a 'making fun of them laugh' but a 'oh my god, I bet they were cute' kind of laugh. Your parents are so adorable :littleangel:

Oh my god....that snap chat photo at the end......

DYING!!!!! :rotfl2:

Tuna stack.....oh so lovely.....going to order that as many times as I can!!

I laughed imagining your parents on the aquaduck...not a 'making fun of them laugh' but a 'oh my god, I bet they were cute' kind of laugh. Your parents are so adorable :littleangel:
ahahahaha i definitely think they are quite hilarious :earboy2:

(I was incredibly excited that Cabanas carries Silk yogurt!!! (aka, soy yogurt!!!!!) AND it’s in Cabanas with no up-charge SO you can imagine how excited I was =D I never get to eat yogurt anymore and non-dairy yogurt gets so expensive in the grocery stores that I just don’t get them. Yet here they are at Cabanas breakfast!)

Enjoying reading about your cruise ! And seeing the dairy-free options you were able to enjoy.

Where in Cabanas did you find the Silk yogurt ? Did you have to ask for it or was it out where anyone could take some ?

SW

Enjoying reading about your cruise ! And seeing the dairy-free options you were able to enjoy.

Where in Cabanas did you find the Silk yogurt ? Did you have to ask for it or was it out where anyone could take some ?

SW
It was in the same fridge as the regular yogurt! each day had a different selection of flavours.

Fantasy Round 2: Cruise Day 4!

Cruise Day 4 [part 1]: First port day… Tortola! Pre-Excursion (sunrise, scenery pulling up to port, breakfast)

OKAY!!! This was such an exciting day for us… We were really excited to pull into the port of Tortola! In all honesty we don’t really know much about the Caribbean but the photos looked really nice so we were excited. Since we didn’t know what we should do, we decided to choose Tortola as the port where we would book an excursion. We had decided to book the port adventure directly through Disney Cruise Line just for piece of mind. Originally we had booked the one called “A Day at the Baths” (TT04) which is the first link for Tortola under port adventures on the DCL website. (In our Facebook group, visiting the Baths seemed to be the top thing to do while in Tortola so we figured we would definitely want to visit!!) Priced at $129 USD per adult, 5.5 to 6 hours long.

Direct from the DCL Port Adventures page:
Take a swim amid the breathtaking beauty of hidden caves and grottoes near Devil's Bay.
Considered one of the “must see” sights of the British Virgin Islands is The Baths beaches in Virgin Gorda. Explore the beach and caves before enjoying a tasty lunch at the hilltop restaurant..
On this adventure you will…
  • Board a ferry for an approximately 40-minute scenic cruise along the Sir Francis Drake Channel to Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda.
  • Next, hop on board an open-air safari bus for a short 15-minute tour through Spanish Town and make your way to a stunning overlook of Savannah Bay for a photo stop.
  • Follow the twisting road to the Top of the Baths, where your local guide will introduce you to the area and lead you to The Baths.
  • Explore the intricate network of trails and boulders to discover the hidden caves, sea pools and sandy beach of Devil’s Bay.
  • Enjoy approximately 2-hours of free time to swim and relax before making your way back to the Top of the Baths.
  • Take in the spectacular views of the surrounding islands over a tasty lunch, followed by some time for souvenir shopping.
  • Board the safari buses once more for the return drive to the boat and cruise back to the pier.

This excursion was very very popular and we were worried of it getting booked up so when our booking window opened we immediately just went and chose this one. BUT… after a bit of reading on some of the other excursions you can book (we just wanted to see what else was available…) we stumbled upon one near the bottom of the list.. “Tour to Virgin Gorda” (TT23). The price of THIS one is $79 USD per adult, but 4 to 4.5 hours long.

Direct from the DCL Port Adventures page for this one…:
Explore The Baths, a magnificent beach area with sea caves on the island of Virgin Gorda—one of the area’s must-see sights.
Considered one of the “must see” sights of the British Virgin Islands is The Baths beaches in Virgin Gorda.
On this adventure you will…
  • Board a ferry boat for the scenic 40-minute cruise along the Sir Francis Drake Channel to Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda. Next, hop onboard an open-air safari bus for a short 20-minute tour through Spanish Town to a stunning overlook of Savannah Bay where a stop will be made for photos. The tour continues, following the twisting road to the Top of the Baths where you meet your local guide, who will introduce you to the area and lead you to the Baths beach. Nature has created a series of secluded beaches, spectacular pools, and grottoes, formed by volcanic activity and flooded with seawater.
  • Explore the intricate network of trails and boulders to discover hidden caves and sea pools and the sandy beach of Devil’s Bay. Enjoy approximately two hours of free time to swim and relax before making your way back to the Top of the Baths. Take in the spectacular views of the surrounding islands and take some time for souvenir shopping before boarding the safari buses once more for the return drive to the boat and cruise back to the pier.

What the… did you read all of that? Long story short….

They sound almost exactly the same. Except the first one includes a lunch for the extra 1.5 hours, and costs $50 more per person. WHAT!!! Is this for real?! I legit read through all of it side by side and it is basically the same tour, from the sounds of it, but you get a lunch. Since there are 5 of us…. that lunch would be costing us an extra $250 USD. Yeah…. no that’s okay. If it was a dinner we might have thought about it, but $50 for lunch sounded too much for us. SO!!! In the end… we switched our booking to Tour to Virgin Gorda!

Now that the background to our choice of excursion is done… Here we go!

CRUISE DAY 4! TORTOLA!

Mom and I decided the night before that we would love to catch the sunrise as we pull into the port. The navigator told us that sunrise would be at 6:04 so we woke up early to go up! Mom made it up in time, but I doddled a little bit too long and got up onto deck at 6:12 so unfortunately for me, the sun was already up.

But it still looks so cool even though I missed its early morning rise:
Rx3DtJE.jpg

eztKclF.jpg

WOp4w4i.jpg

TDk8ljj.jpg

After the sunrise mom and I grabbed some coffee and stayed up on deck to watch the boat pull into port! Not a lot of people were up and about so it felt like we had the ship all to ourselves haha.

Bit of the mountains from behind the glass onboard:
UazyC6u.jpg

Panoramic from deck 12 (uh oh! looks like bit of rain in parts):
M9UFVEB.jpg

From the front of the ship:
DgZk6fe.jpg

View from the front of the ship at deck 12 (with a small peek at the teen deck! neat!)
uSnxVkF.jpg

Slowly slowly pulling into port…
EpfhfpH.jpg

Aha!!! You can see the port now
6xDuufd.jpg

(I didn’t get a chance to tour the teen areas during touring on the first day so I thought being able to see the deck was so neat. I wished for just a bit to still be a teenager so I could enjoy that deck LOL)
5mzj7d4.jpg

A cute picture of mom up on deck. With her cup of coffee. Straight from Cabanas lol
MSSd3xz.jpg

Another panoramic:
nSBSDa3.jpg

Bit of a view with the ship and background:
dqOCB9D.jpg

Yaaaaay. Me on deck 12 with my coffee from deck 10 by the pools
YY0tTnf.jpg

A view from starboard side:
duRSj4D.jpg

Mom and I decided we should probably head back to our room to get changed and wake up our family for breakfast, since we had to be down in Walt Disney Theatre by 8:15 to meet up before the excursion!

Here is a view of port from our verandah:
jvAsCIl.jpg

Poorly executed panoramic from our verandah:
GRbz2UT.jpg

We then all went up to Cabanas together for breakfast. And what a good idea that was too! The view from up there as we were docking was just breathtaking!!!

All of the views from Cabanas!!!
GQv79Y3.jpg

v2kw0Ul.jpg

fnk9yYd.jpg

Wt3tHJY.jpg

L2CE4NH.jpg

qgoR5Wc.jpg

IwyqFBM.jpg

IHflIsO.jpg

wCFUTo3.jpg

Wow! That was definitely a fun experience to sit up in Cabanas and see the beautiful port of Tortola around us! (We were so distracted mom and I both forgot to do our usual "here is my buffet breakfast" photo :earseek:)

After breakfast we made our way down to Walt Disney Theatre for the meet up prior to our excursion!

Next to come:
Our ferry to Virgin Gorda!

Last edited:
What the… did you read all of that? Long story short….

They sound almost exactly the same. Except the first one includes a lunch for the extra 1.5 hours, and costs $50 more per person. WHAT!!! Is this for real?! I legit read through all of it side by side and it is basically the same tour, from the sounds of it, but you get a lunch. Since there are 5 of us…. that lunch would be costing us an extra $250 USD. Yeah…. no that’s okay. If it was a dinner we might have thought about it, but $50 for lunch sounded too much for us. SO!!! In the end… we switched our booking to Tour to Virgin Gorda!

Now that the background to our choice of excursion is done… Here we go!

We reached the same conclusion when researching our cruise for December 2017. So I'm really looking forward to reading how you liked the tour, and what you did for lunch !!

Also, thanks for the location info re: Silk yogurt. We'll be sure to look for it.

Loving your trip report and the pictures and the seeking-sunrise escapades :-) I tried to see sunrise and sunset on our cruises and was mostly not successful, but did get to watch some spectacular ones.

SW

Gorgeous! Love sunrise, it's amazing how a ship filled with 4000+ people can feel so empty. Look at the colour of the water.....breath-taking!

Great report so far! We were thinking about taking this cruise. How did you avoid getting sea sick this time around? I'm very anxious about taking a cruise because I am worried I will set sea sick.

We reached the same conclusion when researching our cruise for December 2017. So I'm really looking forward to reading how you liked the tour, and what you did for lunch !!

Also, thanks for the location info re: Silk yogurt. We'll be sure to look for it.

Loving your trip report and the pictures and the seeking-sunrise escapades :-) I tried to see sunrise and sunset on our cruises and was mostly not successful, but did get to watch some spectacular ones.

SW
Hehe yay! I think you guys will have fun! Hope the weather is good when you guys go!!

We don't usually get to watch a lot of sunrises or sunsets where we live so it was very exciting for us

Great report so far! We were thinking about taking this cruise. How did you avoid getting sea sick this time around? I'm very anxious about taking a cruise because I am worried I will set sea sick.
In all honesty, I just didn't think about it. It was more a "I will deal with it if it does happen" but didn't take any preventative measures and it just seemed to work and I didn't get sick aha

Aren't sunrises on the ship glorious?

Tomorrow I book my excursions for our cruise, I was really hoping to see pictures from the excursion! I guess I'm going to have to Google Virgin Gorda. We only looked at excursions in the mild category as my spouse is disabled, but as long as the walking is not too far we could be OK.

Aren't sunrises on the ship glorious?

Tomorrow I book my excursions for our cruise, I was really hoping to see pictures from the excursion! I guess I'm going to have to Google Virgin Gorda. We only looked at excursions in the mild category as my spouse is disabled, but as long as the walking is not too far we could be OK.

The walk from the top down to the beach is around 20 minutes with lots of uneven ground and "stairs"... if mobility is an issue, I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

The walk from the top down to the beach is around 20 minutes with lots of uneven ground and "stairs"... if mobility is an issue, I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

Thanks. I don't think any of DCL's excision will work for us. I'm considering hiring a private taxi to do a trip to some of the high points of the island.

Hi!!! Again, sorry this has taken me so long to update. Things have been a little bit hectic and crazy but I've finally got some spare time so I've got a few updates ready to go! Thanks for all your patience and hopefully you guys are still enjoying!

Cruise Day 4 [part 2]: TORTOLA: Ferry over to Virgin Gorda

Our last view before heading down:
Gf67DiJ.jpg

Alrighty! 8:15 came around and we were with our group for our Tour to Virgin Gorda excursion! We were assigned a blue Beast sticker to stick on yourself so that you don’t get lost before your excursion even starts aha. Then we all left to head to our ferry to take us over to Virgin Gorda!

Walking on the dock. Eeeeee I could just jump into that ocean…
9avVhBG.jpg

More views!
C1JSJS1.jpg

And the butt end of the Fantasy!
1hwQZWo.jpg

(We forgot to take a photo of the ferry that took us over. But it’s a smaller one. Just enough to fit everyone in. We managed to get some seats right along the edge of the boat facing outwards.)

Panoramic of our view from the ferry! That ocean and that sky… gorgeous!
82jWFZ9.jpg

More panoramic:
ZtIus4p.jpg

Fantasy!!!
FHV08Rz.jpg

And then we are off! Here are all our photos of the Fantasy as we sailed past!
7TIYcAD.jpg

o8sfVOH.jpg

57XPuR7.jpg

SZoTTxs.jpg

Awkward sitting on ferry photo:
Z8LxRxr.jpg

n7a5H4T.jpg

The ferry ride over to the island was actually rather rough, especially since we were all so accustomed to the smoothness of a giant cruise ship. Suddenly we are put onto a small ferry that is high speed racing towards to an island. Tons of people got rather sick.

Finally after about 40 minutes, we arrived on the island of Virgin Gorda!
pVJAJRf.jpg

Then our entire group hopped onto these safari tour vehicle things! (Did not realize just how many of us there were in our group until we filled about 6 of these big guys!)
a4v7jOX.jpg

This was our view of the parking area of the vehicles as we were driving off, haha. Not a very pretty picture…
VdkDX4q.jpg

Basically we started our bus tour of Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda! It was mostly a safari bus ride up the mountain trails and you get to overlook some beautiful views of the island!

Here is another ugly photo that I had attempted to take as an over-the-shoulder type photo whilst holding a death grip on my phone:
BOZTq8T.jpg

(you can even see Glendon and I’s shoulders still.. yikes. This should not be my profession aha!)

I would like to think I got slightly better at it? At least the views were breathtaking!
4uiu6Dq.jpg

(Basically same photo just no car in this one…)
6kx1H02.jpg

(In all honesty I don’t know what order all my photos are supposed to go in as the roads went up and down and left and right so I can’t really make sense of which comes first… SO here are just a bunch of photos that were for sure from the safari bus ride!)

ocH232H.jpg

txlQdYI.jpg

8WrSZl0.jpg

dNJboqI.jpg

bDewUMt.jpg

I think this was where we stopped for the viewpoint of Savannah Bay?
16Zxn7s.jpg

Water so clear!
ZCf5vS1.jpg

We got to get off the bus and take lots of photos
pFDhTLX.jpg

KVRisbp.jpg

Here is mom and dad:
8ux0EfZ.jpg

Glendon and I:
ov4VM2g.jpg

79lJZ4b.jpg

SZREhZH.jpg

After photos, we hopped back on for our bus ride to the baths!

Here are some departing photos:
EwtsE8J.jpg

TClEmS2.jpg

Sometimes I truly wish I could live forever on a paradise island...

Up Next…
Finally! The Baths at Virgin Gorda!

Last edited:
Cruise Day 4 [part 3]: TORTOLA: Walk to the Baths at Virgin Gorda!!!

Yay!!! Finally we have arrived at the baths. Our excursion group all got assigned some wristbands upon arrival so that when it was time to leave our tour guide could easily call our the green wristbands so we all know when it would be time to head back to the buses to go back to our ship.

Basically the drop off area is a parking lot, a souvenir shop, and a small food stand.

You can just see the ocean in the background there!
Temat9B.jpg

A little way in there is a washroom that you can use. We all definitely stopped to use just in case we needed to. It was also good for anyone who would need to change before making it to the beach.

THEN we started our small hike down to the beach. For us, we grew up with the Rockies so this walk with all the rock work kind of reminded us of when we used to do hikes through canyons. Only difference is there’s lots of sand on the ground, and cacti growing amongst the trees! (This hike down to the beach is why they suggest good walking shoes. But honestly if you are comfortable with sandals or flip-flops you could definitely get away with those too.)

And we’re off!
fB0RDsl.jpg

Series of random photos!
imwB4yv.jpg

ARpaZAa.jpg

For us, these paths were a piece of cake since we have done stuff like this before, so a lot of moving and ducking (and for us kids some jumping) came as second nature. But for those who were wondering, it is definitely mother nature and some parts of the paths would probably take a bit of time. For example, it’s a natural path so some areas are wider, some narrower, some you had to climb a bit, some you had to descend.

MkyGxY6.jpg

Here’s dad and mom haha. Even though my mom complains about walking, she was fine and enjoyed herself. She loves nature so she was having a good time walking through the rocks and trees
OZmVRXC.jpg

pHhsXlQ.jpg

8DlZ6MG.jpg

KYKFIKJ.jpg

Glendon and I
PbCOQgn.jpg

Michelle and I
7xlZADO.jpg

Mom and dad being all cute (you can see that dad’s carrying both of their towels so mom doesn’t have to haha)
peMaZrB.jpg

gPCp3jz.jpg

You can see that there are some steps here and there:
Mhd1DyP.jpg

IvR7b01.jpg

duqi5Y6.jpg

Then…. finally… we see some ocean!!!
gNgEqK0.jpg

Continued! (Too many photos to fit in one post...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter