MVMCP Questions

MommyMeNDisney

DIS Veteran
Have you attended the Christmas party? If so...

What's included in the price of the ticket? Basically, what kind of party is it? What do people "do" at the party? Dance?

Is it just parades and characters available for photo ops?

TIA

DD and I went to the party a couple of Decembers ago. There is a special parade and fireworks, dance parties with characters, characters dressed up in Christmas garb, stage show(s), and cookies and hot chocolate (included in the price). Many rides are open with shorter waits, too. We treated it much like a normal evening at MK - rides, parade, fireworks - and we grabbed hot chocolate whenever we could.

DD and I went to the party a couple of Decembers ago. There is a special parade and fireworks, dance parties with characters, characters dressed up in Christmas garb, stage show(s), and cookies and hot chocolate (included in the price). Many rides are open with shorter waits, too. We treated it much like a normal evening at MK - rides, parade, fireworks - and we grabbed hot chocolate whenever we could.

Oh ok, thanks.

We did MVMCP last November, on the Friday before Thanksgiving. Honestly, we didn't go so much for the party as we did just to see the new Fantasyland expansion (it wasn't completely open on our last visit). Our trip last November was actually a Harry Potter Pilgrimage, but we squeezed in a trip to MK. We went on our arrival day, and since we wouldn't be able to enjoy the park from open to close, I was really hesitant about buying tickets that were over $100 per person. The MVMCP was a good compromise, since the tickets are about 25-30% cheaper than a regular 1-day admission to the MK, and in theory, the party should limit crowds.

We were allowed into park about 4 pm and did have fastpass reservations for 3 rides. You can make FP+ reservations at 30-days out, if you have purchased your party tickets. The FP+ reservations stop at 7 pm, though (when the party starts). If you only have a party ticket, your FP+ reservations need to fall in a window between 4 pm and 7 pm. I think ours were for 330-430, 430-530, and 530-630 (or something close to that). The park was very crowded at this point, and we really weren't able to do much besides use our fastpasses and grab a bite to eat (quick service). However, by about 7 pm, the crowds had thinned out considerably. We rode all of our favorites multiple times - we even rode Splash Mountain twice in a row without having to get out of the log! After 7, most everything we wanted to ride was a walk-on.

The castle is absolutely stunning when decorated for the holidays, and the fireworks show was very good. We elected to watch the fireworks and then catch the parade that runs after the fireworks (there is also usually a parade that runs before the fireworks). The hub/Main Street were very crowded for both, but we still had good views. The parade was cute, but in hindsight, we probably should have just spent that time on rides. I thought the parade started 30 min after the fireworks show; unfortunately, it was scheduled for more like 45 min or an hour after the fireworks. So, we spent (wasted) a lot of time just standing on Main Street waiting for the parade to start. That decision ultimately impacted the rest of our vacation, as I had a back-ache from all the standing for several days after. We wound up having to leave right after the parade because I was exhausted, but the park was open for probably another 1.5 hours after (I think the party goes until midnight).

There are different party specific activities...like dance parties and character meet-and-greets, but we did none of that. My goal in attending was to enjoy our favorite MK rides and attractions with little to no wait...and visiting during the party allowed us to do exactly that! The Jungle Cruise does have a holiday overlay that is cute. The Country Bear Jamboree used to have a really cute holiday show, but they discontinued that years ago :(. I don't think any of the other rides have any special changes for the Christmas holiday. Several of the quick service restaurants give out hot chocolate and cookies, which were a nice treat.

In the 7 or so hours we were there, we managed to do the following: FP+ rides on Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Splash Mountain, and Jungle Cruise, non FP+ rides on Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Splash Mountain (3 or 4 more times in addition to the FP+ ride), and Big Thunder Mountain RR (I think we rode 3 times in a row). We also ate waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow, browsed some of the Christmas merchandise in the gift shops, and watched the fireworks and the parade. IMO, not bad for the reduced ticket price, and since we have no plans to return to WDW anytime soon, we were able to enjoy all of our favorites in one last hurrah.

We did MVMCP last November, on the Friday before Thanksgiving. Honestly, we didn't go so much for the party as we did just to see the new Fantasyland expansion (it wasn't completely open on our last visit). Our trip last November was actually a Harry Potter Pilgrimage, but we squeezed in a trip to MK. We went on our arrival day, and since we wouldn't be able to enjoy the park from open to close, I was really hesitant about buying tickets that were over $100 per person. The MVMCP was a good compromise, since the tickets are about 25-30% cheaper than a regular 1-day admission to the MK, and in theory, the party should limit crowds.

We were allowed into park about 4 pm and did have fastpass reservations for 3 rides. You can make FP+ reservations at 30-days out, if you have purchased your party tickets. The FP+ reservations stop at 7 pm, though (when the party starts). If you only have a party ticket, your FP+ reservations need to fall in a window between 4 pm and 7 pm. I think ours were for 330-430, 430-530, and 530-630 (or something close to that). The park was very crowded at this point, and we really weren't able to do much besides use our fastpasses and grab a bite to eat (quick service). However, by about 7 pm, the crowds had thinned out considerably. We rode all of our favorites multiple times - we even rode Splash Mountain twice in a row without having to get out of the log! After 7, most everything we wanted to ride was a walk-on.

The castle is absolutely stunning when decorated for the holidays, and the fireworks show was very good. We elected to watch the fireworks and then catch the parade that runs after the fireworks (there is also usually a parade that runs before the fireworks). The hub/Main Street were very crowded for both, but we still had good views. The parade was cute, but in hindsight, we probably should have just spent that time on rides. I thought the parade started 30 min after the fireworks show; unfortunately, it was scheduled for more like 45 min or an hour after the fireworks. So, we spent (wasted) a lot of time just standing on Main Street waiting for the parade to start. That decision ultimately impacted the rest of our vacation, as I had a back-ache from all the standing for several days after. We wound up having to leave right after the parade because I was exhausted, but the park was open for probably another 1.5 hours after (I think the party goes until midnight).

There are different party specific activities...like dance parties and character meet-and-greets, but we did none of that. My goal in attending was to enjoy our favorite MK rides and attractions with little to no wait...and visiting during the party allowed us to do exactly that! The Jungle Cruise does have a holiday overlay that is cute. The Country Bear Jamboree used to have a really cute holiday show, but they discontinued that years ago :(. I don't think any of the other rides have any special changes for the Christmas holiday. Several of the quick service restaurants give out hot chocolate and cookies, which were a nice treat.

In the 7 or so hours we were there, we managed to do the following: FP+ rides on Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Splash Mountain, and Jungle Cruise, non FP+ rides on Pirates of the Caribbean, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Splash Mountain (3 or 4 more times in addition to the FP+ ride), and Big Thunder Mountain RR (I think we rode 3 times in a row). We also ate waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow, browsed some of the Christmas merchandise in the gift shops, and watched the fireworks and the parade. IMO, not bad for the reduced ticket price, and since we have no plans to return to WDW anytime soon, we were able to enjoy all of our favorites in one last hurrah.

Thanks! This really puts the party into perspective for me. I'm thinking about purchasing in annual pass. If I do, it won't benefit me to pay an extra $87 to attend the MVMCP. DS (1) is too young to enjoy a crowded dance party at night. We'll see MK and it's Christmas decorations, the parades and fireworks during our regular park days. thanks again:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter