• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most 'Un-Disney Thing I've Ever Seen

It's a parking lot/garage "spruce" it up? How about keep it clean and safe because all I'm doing is parking my car their, I mean really people it's not an attraction its a parking garage...

That's like the person who posted that the fire escape stairs at BWV looked too industrial.

They may add more to it, they just needed to get it open.

Wow, these threads are really getting silly now. The parking garage is the most "Un-Disney" thing you've ever seen? Get a grip people.

Amen.

It's one thing to expect some Disney fantasy in things but come to down to earth.

It's a parking garage and so far seems to be doing it's job. I am sure in time they will do something to disnify it. I see the lights work, rows are marked, lines are painted. Looks like a parking garage should.

I don't think the parking lots at any of the parks are "pretty" but then my car gets parked and I hot foot it out of there to go enjoy myself.

I have to say tho, DisneyQuest isn't pretty, it's a big concrete block (IMO) doesn't the parking garage kind of fit alongside it (we went in August and didn't really pay much attention to be honest)

I think I'd be more scared at midnight finding my vehicle and having a dimly lit large character head leering over me. lol

Do ya wanna build a snowman?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eD2UpdhbwA

Now, to be fair, Disney COULD have super themed the garage like the Cosmopolitan Resorts quick parking (but this isn't the main garage which probably looks darker and smaller than Disneys)

But even the parking lot at TTC isn't really themed and while I agree that it presents one of the first impressions of Disney no one is really going to spend any time there.

Who cares?!? As long as I can find a place to park, it can be ugly! :rotfl: I would rather they spend the money on the actual attractions.

Disney Springs is a shopping mall, and shopping malls need lots of parking. While it's unsightly it serves its purpose, to alleviate the parking problem that existed.

It's a parking garage. I don't think I've ever seen a pretty one.

I think it should be more like this - so it feels like I have arrived at something that is part of the worlds leading tourist destination - not the local shopping mall

2013-culture-news-parking-garages-mh-1-1280x551.jpg

To not want something a bit more 'Dsney' is like like saying "why does Disney bother with a big fancy parking toll gate - its only a parking toll"

The answer I presume is to make a positive impression for their guests when arriving

And the impression so far i have of this parking garage is that it's poo - and I don't mean Winnie
http://www.disboards.com//uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

It is a poured concrete structure and it has much higher ceilings than a normal prefab parking garage. It also has much better security. ::yes::

I think it should be more like this - so it feels like I have arrived at something that is part of the worlds leading tourist destination - not the local shopping mall

To not want something a bit more 'Dsney' is like like saying "why does Disney bother with a big fancy parking toll gate - its only a parking toll"

The answer I presume is to make a positive impression for their guests when arriving

And the impression so far i have of this parking garage is that it's poo - and I don't mean Winnie

I'm sorry, but that is one ugly picture. Looks like something better suited to Miami in a major party area than at WDW. Is that actually a garage someplace?

Sorry, but I will take the basic garage any day over the technicolor one. Screaming colors doesn't necessarily equal pretty. Sometimes it just equals loud and obnoxious.

Nifty! Reminds me of the giant Rubik's cube at Pop. I like it.

This unthemed parking garage is the greatest tragedy since napkin-gate!

I understand that folks want the garage painted up or something because they expected more out of Disney in an aesthetic sense, but what are they supposed to do to a parking garage to make it "look and feel safe?" It's a parking garage, it is as safe as any other parking garage in a tourist area.

Since they are renovating the place into a large outdoor mall, it's going to need lots of parking and they don't have the space to do it "flat." Until they can beam the cars up into space while you shop, it's going to be in garages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter