Most reliable transportation to MCO pre-hurricane?

Panther1fan

Earning My Ears
My family of 5 have a flight from Orlando on Wednesday morning at 7:15 am. I think (hope?) our flight will still depart as scheduled. What is the most reliable transportation to ensure we get picked up on time? Originally my plan was for Uber or Lyft, but with the rain, 4:45 am pickup, and need for an XL vehicle, I don’t feel confident in getting a rideshare. Even scheduling rideshare in advance is no guarantee.

Are the traditional services like limo or taxi services more reliable for guaranteed on-time pickup? If so, what/who would you recommend for 5 passengers? I’m willing to pay extra for the most reliable method.

Thanks. I hope everyone reading this travels safely this week.

We've used Happy Limo for our party of 4 and bazillion pieces of luggage (and my husband went bonkers and splurged on a stretch limo)

I'm worried about arriving on Sunday. There won't be rental cars with everyone trying to leave, and I'm worried about the gasoline situation for Uber/Lyft. Gasoline will be a problem for all of these services.

I don't see how anyone is flying in on Wednesday anyway. I'd expect MCO to announce it is closed tomorrow this afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm arriving on Saturday night. I was originally going to use Uber XL as well, but I decided to just book a shuttle on Mears Connect since it's already pre-paid, they have a somewhat extensive operation, and we don't need cell service to hop on just in case the cell towers don't work upon arrival.

Yeah we might not get there till late, but at least to me IMO it seems like the most reliable.

MCO just announced it will be closed tomorrow morning. I would try to get out now.

Thanks for all the replies. We changed our plans and have left Orlando safely.

I thought I’d update what I found was my best option, if anyone has a similar question in the future and is reading this. The Loews Portofino Bay (Universal) concierge could schedule me a private car. $65 for a large SUV like a GMC Yukon, not including tip. It would be an actual reservation. I’m guessing it would be with a taxi/limo service, because you pay the driver directly, and they accept credit card, PayPal, cash.

Thanks again. I hope everyone is safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter