• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*More* Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews! (May 9 - May 17) With lots of pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, every review I read before said he work Sunday through Wed, so I made my ADR for a Sunday night!:confused:

It seems like I read Sunday - Thursday! Well, on our upcoming trips, I've got ADRs for a Thursday, a Sunday, and a Wednesday. So hopefully we'll luck out with one of these!

Oh no, every review I read before said he work Sunday through Wed, so I made my ADR for a Sunday night!:confused:

Chef TJ was working on Sunday when my boyfriend and I went to 'Ohana back in August. We were told he is off Fridays and Saturdays.

Andrea, I am SO JEALOUS of you! I hope you can get Chef TJ one of those times. If you don't post any reviews, you're still gonna have to let me know how it went :)

Andrea, I am SO JEALOUS of you! I hope you can get Chef TJ one of those times. If you don't post any reviews, you're still gonna have to let me know how it went :)

I hope so, too! Only 6 more days until Chef TJ Attempt #2! :goodvibes I'll definitely have reveiws when I get back. We'll be back Saturday night, so I'll probably start my reviews a few days after that, when I get all my pictures sorted out.

I'm just about to go back to your reviews to see what I want to do on our trip in May. Jon is wanting to cut costs wherever possible, so I'm trying to pick and choose which TS restaurants to cut out and keep, and which new CS restaurants to try.

Andrea,

I knew I recognized you from a thread but couldn't remember which one. I'm the crazy fool from the rest stop.

It seems like I read Sunday - Thursday! Well, on our upcoming trips, I've got ADRs for a Thursday, a Sunday, and a Wednesday. So hopefully we'll luck out with one of these!

I really hope that he works on Sundays too! That's when we'll be going to Ohana during our next trip. He wasn't there on our last trip, and while the veggie entree I received was delicious, it's no comparison to the feast I've seen on here from Chef T.J. I love reading your reviews by the way!

Andrea,

I knew I recognized you from a thread but couldn't remember which one. I'm the crazy fool from the rest stop.

Haha. Thanks for saying hello! I'm sorry if I seemed rushed - we were about 45 minutes behind schedule, and had dinner reservations soon after we arrived. Plus I was horribly sick, so I hope you don't think I sound like a chain smoker all the time ;)

It was nice to meet you, though! I hope you're having a good trip, and I hope the marathon was fun :goodvibes

I really hope that he works on Sundays too! That's when we'll be going to Ohana during our next trip. He wasn't there on our last trip, and while the veggie entree I received was delicious, it's no comparison to the feast I've seen on here from Chef T.J. I love reading your reviews by the way!

He was there on Thursday! :thumbsup2 I'll be starting my reviews soon, and I'll post a link.

Thank you so much for this.
I have been a vegetarian for ten years now and I am always looking for good vegetarian food.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started my new reviews! The link is in my signature :goodvibes

This was a great vegan review. My family and I have been trying to eat vegan and vegetarian as much as possible after I was diagnosed with gout earlier this year. I have discovered through trial and error that maintaining a healthy, non-meat diet does not aggravate my gout symptoms and I have lost 20 pounds to boot. Even though I was a big meat-eater and used to scoff at vegans and vegetarians as people out-of-touch with reality :confused3 , I have discovered that I really enjoy most of the vegan and vegetarian recipes out there and rarely miss eating meat. Obviously we now eat alot more home-cooked meals (bless my wife!!!!!) and have discovered numerous health benefits by avoiding meat. We are going to WDW in July and I was worried that I would be stuck eating fries and salad for 10 days. I'm really glad there are a bunch of great alternatives availabe at WDW for both CS and TS meals. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2 V_Gan, ehartman4, Plasticletters, and Vegcentric your dining reviews have gotten me excited and looking forward to dining at WDW. Thank you. :worship:

This was a great vegan review. My family and I have been trying to eat vegan and vegetarian as much as possible after I was diagnosed with gout earlier this year. I have discovered through trial and error that maintaining a healthy, non-meat diet does not aggravate my gout symptoms and I have lost 20 pounds to boot. Even though I was a big meat-eater and used to scoff at vegans and vegetarians as people out-of-touch with reality :confused3 , I have discovered that I really enjoy most of the vegan and vegetarian recipes out there and rarely miss eating meat. Obviously we now eat alot more home-cooked meals (bless my wife!!!!!) and have discovered numerous health benefits by avoiding meat. We are going to WDW in July and I was worried that I would be stuck eating fries and salad for 10 days. I'm really glad there are a bunch of great alternatives availabe at WDW for both CS and TS meals. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2 V_Gan, ehartman4, Plasticletters, and Vegcentric your dining reviews have gotten me excited and looking forward to dining at WDW. Thank you. :worship:

I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with veganism! It really does have some awesome health benefits, and it tastes good, too!

You definitely won't be eating salads and fries your whole trip (unless you want to!). There are so many options for vegans and vegetarians. It's one of the main reasons I love going to Disney so much, since it's usually so hard to eat out - especially at theme parks.

If you take a break from the parks and get into the Orlando area, there's a really good vegan restaurant called Etho's Vegan Kitchen. I've been wanting to go to their Sunday brunch since we went in 2008, but we always seem to miss it.

I'm so glad you're having a positive experience with veganism! It really does have some awesome health benefits, and it tastes good, too!

You definitely won't be eating salads and fries your whole trip (unless you want to!). There are so many options for vegans and vegetarians. It's one of the main reasons I love going to Disney so much, since it's usually so hard to eat out - especially at theme parks.

If you take a break from the parks and get into the Orlando area, there's a really good vegan restaurant called Etho's Vegan Kitchen. I've been wanting to go to their Sunday brunch since we went in 2008, but we always seem to miss it.

I have heard about Etho's Vegan Kitchen and even printed out their on-line menu. My family drives to WDW (20 hrs from Chicago!) so we were definitely planning on checking out Etho's since we have our minivan with us.

clsoing thread - review was completed some time ago and is great!

thanks! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter