(More) Alcohol Coming to MK

And what a horrid thing if people chose to have fun, huh?

They took out pleasure island...so no fun there...just a really sucky outdoor mall. Much better ;)

Not horrid at all. Drinks at Disney? Epcot's the name of the game, and it's a good one. HS & AK also have drinks I'm told, never been to AK.

An alcohol free MK has stopped people having fun? Could have fooled me!

Disney has used more "walmart ordering" principles for years...they save on bulk.

Hasn't anyone noticed that every menu has the same 5 entrees and 3 desserts? With some filler to "throw off the scent"?

Long and short...you're gonna get whatever supplier will give it to them en masse the cheapest. It's not gonna be a craft brewers paradise.

Disney embraced craft beer 3/4 years ago across the parks and resorts but it is quickly eroding.

I think alcohol served in MK while dining in restaurants will be fine. My only concern would be alcohol served at kiosks throughout the park. That would create a different atmosphere in MK which may not be positive.

I think alcohol served in MK while dining in restaurants will be fine. My only concern would be alcohol served at kiosks throughout the park. That would create a different atmosphere in MK which may not be positive.

Considering how overcrowded it often is...and not exactly deserving of that type of crowd...a little escapism might be in order. That's just me.

Not horrid at all. Drinks at Disney? Epcot's the name of the game, and it's a good one. HS & AK also have drinks I'm told, never been to AK.

An alcohol free MK has stopped people having fun? Could have fooled me!

More crying/disappointment per capital at magic kingdom than all the other parks combined.

Just saying.

No problem, glad you enjoyed it.

Yes that's right, I need to take it down a notch. In your last post you're ranting about how you're 50 and deserve drinks everywhere, and tons of people bring their kids into bars, so by that logic you can drink at theme parks.

My point, which you clearly missed, is that this could lead to beer carts, which would be a problem. Maybe it won't, just hope Disney draws the line somewhere.

You're right, most will not take 3 buddies and get sloppy in a corner at MK, but it doesn't take MOST, it just takes 1 group to ruin it.

You didn't feel the need to drink on parental duty, and yet, that's what's going to happen at MK now.
Taking a hard stand against kids in hotel lounges at Disney Resorts, which according to you also happens all over the world, but fully encouraging this.
Which is it? or should MK have a bar for only the over 50 crew allowed?

Yes! Love you're idea of 50 and over. I'm guessing you aren't yet.

And no I didn't miss your point, beer carts= end of world.

What's "craft"?

Things sold in mass in every liquor store from here to Moscow isn't exactly "craft" is it?
Truly craft beer, would be a tough fit, as it would be impossible to keep the quantities on hand necessary for the crowds the parks serve daily. The batches are too small to keep with demand.
The chain restaurants that embrace craft beer, usually stock 50+ varieties. It looks like they are giving the customers a ton of options, but it's also because you have to rotate in some many different beers to replace outages of others.
I see that sort of thing taking up too much space in valuable inventory space in the parks. So the best you can hope for is contract breweries, that make something a little better than the bulk domestic offerings. I suspect Sam Adams products will become the go to product for the bulk of locations, and a few other small location might get smaller batches the rotate in.

Truly craft beer, would be a tough fit, as it would be impossible to keep the quantities on hand necessary for the crowds the parks serve daily. The batches are too small to keep with demand.
The chain restaurants that embrace craft beer, usually stock 50+ varieties. It looks like they are giving the customers a ton of options, but it's also because you have to rotate in some many different beers to replace outages of others.
I see that sort of thing taking up too much space in valuable inventory space in the parks. So the best you can hope for is contract breweries, that make something a little better than the bulk domestic offerings. I suspect Sam Adams products will become the go to product for the bulk of locations, and a few other small location might get smaller batches the rotate in.

They could build a 35 degree warehouse big enough to hold 10,000,000 cases...

But what's the advantage? They don't have problems selling alcohol...never have...so to limit yields more money. Pretty simple

They could build a 35 degree warehouse big enough to hold 10,000,000 cases...

But what's the advantage? They don't have problems selling alcohol...never have...so to limit yields more money. Pretty simple
They can build the warehouse.....they just won't have supply in central Florida to fill it, is my point. Microbrew and masses of people do not support each other. Demand would be greater than available supply. Florida is getting better, but in general has not yet followed the trend, and as a result doesn't have nearly as many breweries to meet the demand WDW might have.

What's worse is I see Magic hat #9 frequently down there.....can't stand the stuff, despite it's roots near me(I once held the keys to the brewery in my hand).

What's "craft"?

Things sold in mass in every liquor store from here to Moscow isn't exactly "craft" is it?

well, per the Brewers Association of America, An American craft brewer is small, independent and traditional. "Small" means an annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less (approximately 3 percent of U.S. annual sales)

Per this definition, Boston Beer (Sam Adams) and Yuengling qualify

well, per the Brewers Association of America, An American craft brewer is small, independent and traditional. "Small" means an annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less (approximately 3 percent of U.S. annual sales)

Per this definition, Boston Beer (Sam Adams) and Yuengling qualify

Sam and ying yang fall out of the rafters from every bar this side of Honolulu

They can build the warehouse.....they just won't have supply in central Florida to fill it, is my point. Microbrew and masses of people do not support each other. Demand would be greater than available supply. Florida is getting better, but in general has not yet followed the trend, and as a result doesn't have nearly as many breweries to meet the demand WDW might have.

What's worse is I see Magic hat #9 frequently down there.....can't stand the stuff, despite it's roots near me(I once held the keys to the brewery in my hand).

No...I'm conceding your point. My point is why diversify the beer when anything sells in high quantities?

Sam and ying yang fall out of the rafters from every bar this side of Honolulu

yup - was my example of that, at least per that definition, "Craft" doesn't have to be super "crafty"

And I think even if at LTT they brough in Sam Adams and had their Boston Lager and then the seasonal that rotates that would be pretty good and certainly doable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter