Mod or value w/shortest ride to MK

@Betty Rohrer I did look into the cabins initially, but I read you need to take a bus to get food, snack, to the boat, etc and I don't like that aspect. They look cute though. Our 6 usually gets 2 separate rooms bc my parents get their own and then DH, myself, and our boys are in another.

I actually found a page in my Google search that breaks all resorts down by convenience...now I can't find the link of course.

@Accident I've never done dvc rental. Is there a "best" way to go about it or to at least look into prices?

The best I can offer on this answer is check out daves dvc rentals: https://www.dvcrequest.com/ it has a ton of information. Also there is a Disney Vacation Club section on this forum, including their own rental option (which I understand might be the lowest cost) and that has more details on what to do in there. It's probably also a good spot to ask lots of questions for better than I can offer answers.

Outside of rope drop and park closing, POFQ shares buses with POR, which adds four additional stops between POFQ and MK. CSR never shares and has the fastest loop.

I wasn't aware they went back to this. I know last summer they weren't sharing unless it was extremely quiet (many springs shared).

Outside of rope drop and park closing, POFQ shares buses with POR, which adds four additional stops between POFQ and MK. CSR never shares and has the fastest loop.
On our POFQ trip last October we did not share with POR for DHS & MK even at mid-day. Didn't have any mid-day experience with Epcot or AK last trip. WWW.PORTORLEANS.ORG usually has the most up to date transportation info. From 4:00pm on the boats to DS are seperate.

Last edited:

It's possible. But in my experience, that's not true at all. We always travel to MK and Epcot late morning to late afternoon from POFQ. I don't believe we've ever shared.

MK buses from POFQ do not share with PORS, or might make 1 stop at PORS (at the time I left, they were experimenting to try to equalize the loads between POFQ & PORS.) Morning schedules run until 11am, so for the other parks separate buses run for most of the morning. At the time I left, they were moving towards having separate buses from the other parks most of the day; not sure where that stands now.

Bus service from CSR is usually good, and CSR is centrally located with reasonable travel times to all parks (but not DS.) There is a problem, though: the design of the CSR bus stops prevents buses from passing one another. When 2 buses are delayed by wheelchair loading within a short period, it can create a backup delaying everything behind them for 5-10 minutes.

Bus service from CSR is usually good, and CSR is centrally located with reasonable travel times to all parks (but not DS.) There is a problem, though: the design of the CSR bus stops prevents buses from passing one another. When 2 buses are delayed by wheelchair loading within a short period, it can create a backup delaying everything behind them for 5-10 minutes.
I did notice this problem at CSR. We were backed up and waiting on a few occasions. Is this not possible at other resorts though?

I did notice this problem at CSR. We were backed up and waiting on a few occasions. Is this not possible at other resorts though?
A couple of the stops at OKW are too small to load 2 buses at once, but IIRC all the other multi-stop resorts can load 2 buses at a time at each stop. If a 2nd bus needed to load a wheelchair at the same stop where another bus was loading one, that could plug things up; but a 2nd bus without a wheelchair can pull in behind the first one, load up, and take off while the 1st bus is still loading.

At CSR, a bus loading a wheelchair at any stop means every bus that comes up behind it has to wait until it's done. It's not uncommon to get 3 or 4 buses waiting to get in to a load zone.

Stayed at POFQ 3 trips and Riverside and CBR once. We found French Quarter to be the fastest to Magic Kingdom. CBR was for sure the longest.....15min around the internal 7 bus stops at the resort and then 20 minutes ride time to MK and the farthest bus stop from the entrance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter