Moana Review

IllinoisJones

Displaying My Ears
Moana (2016)
Disney's 56th animated feature explores the world of Polynesia. When Moana's island is threatened by famine and other disasters, the young daughter of a chief is called by the ocean to find the demigod, Maui and make things right. So along with her chicken sidekick "Hey Hey" she attempts to sail past the dangerous reef that surrounds her island. Moana emphatically insists she is NOT a princess but in a fun poke at itself moment for Disney, Maui points out
that she's a chief's daughter, she has a dress AND she has an animal for a sidekick, so she's a princess. Weather or not Disney decides to crown her officially, she is a brave heroine and a pretty cool role model. Directors Ron Clements and John Musker add to their already impressive Disney resumes. These guys have helmed movies such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Princess and the Frog and Hercules. Moana has a perfect fit among those classics. The cast is outstanding, headlined by electrifying actor and former pro wrestler, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who shows off a pretty impressive singing voice! Auli'i Cravalho plays the lead character and has all the youthful, strong, exuberance expected for the role. She also has an amazing voice. As for the music, Broadway famed Lin Manuel Miranda wrote some pretty spectacular ear worms perfectly placed and left us humming. My 11-year old son and 8-year old daughter both loved it and consider it among Disney's best. I agree. 4 waterfalls out of 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!