• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK, Epcot, MGM, CSR Dining Reviews

imlazar

DIS Veteran
Just back from a week at Disney. We did the dining plan, here's our reviews. I'll preface this by saying we made all our reservations about 60 days out, and we skipped a sit-down dinner to use credits at the Hoop Dee Doo.

Pepper Market at CSR - over-priced breakfast with poor selection and very busy most mornings, lousy coffee. Lunch on the other hand was completely different, good variety, good quality, and not very crowded (we only ate lunch there once though)

Maya Grill at CSR - had our first dinner here, it was FANTASTIC! Maybe the best meal we had all week, and all of our meals were great. Service was a bit slow.

Siestas at CSR - for a pool-side place we were impressed, good choices of burgers, chicken, hot dogs, salads and deserts. Nice bar as well.

Columbia Harbor House at MK - lunch here on Day 1, one of our favorite places for lunch in MK - great soups, sandwiches, and kids meals. We love this place, and even at peak time there were plenty of tables

Tomorrow Land Terrace Noodle Station - dinner on day 1 - avoid the chicken dishes, very fatty. Beef dishes were much better. Great views

ABC Commissary at MGM - we eat here every year and for some reason the place is ALWAYS empty, even at peak lunch time. The food is ok. Avoid the hamburgers. Cuban sandwiches and the Tabouleh wrap are very good.

50's Prime Time at MGM - We LOVE this place. I had a steak dish that was really good, far better than I expected. The wife had pot roast and loved it. Kids had pasta and chicken strips (grilled). Deserts are fantastic. Kids did the "make your own sunday" and I had smores, which I still crave more of. Great service, really fun place.

Hoop Dee Doo - What more to say? Great show, excellent food, and all you can eat plus all you can drink Sangria. We've gone twice and have enjoyed it every time. Only complaint was a table WAY in the back, but we booked this late - called every week for 3 weeks until we got in on a cancelation.

Sunshine Seasons at Epcot - Ate lunch here on Day 4 & 5 - VERY crowded, a battle for a table, and for chairs. But, the food variety is great, the mongolian beef is very good, good selection of kids meals and sandwiches, and perhaps the best desert selection of any counter-service restaurant

Biergarten - I've been to Munich three times, this is pretty close in terms of food and beer quality (obviously the aura is much different and everyone speaks English). If you've had beer in Munich you know that nothing else compares. The Weissbier (wheat beer) is fantastic, and they serve the beer chilled, not freezing cold, which makes a huge difference. Seating here is in groups, we sat across from another family and had a great time. The kids enjoyed running around on the dance floor as well. The deserts, especially the black forrest cake, are excellent. This is perhaps our favorite restaurant at Disney and is always on our list of places to eat.

San Angel Inn at Epcot - had our last dinner here. We had tried walking up on 3 previous visits and failed each time so we got advance reservations this time. The food was pleasantly surprising, not your typical burrito/enchilada/taco fare, but a good selection of shrimp, beef, chicken and fish dishes. The kids meals were really good here as well. The only complaint is that the tortilla chips looked like they came out of a bag. Service was fantastic as well. We found here, as well as pretty much all sit-down places, if you take a few minutes to talk to the server and get to know them, you will get fantastic service. Oh, did I mention the Flan? Get the Flan!

That wraps it up. Hope you found this helpful.

Thank you! It was very helpful, especially since we are staying at CSR for the first time this summer.

Thanks for the reviews! Sadly, the bad coffee isn't limited to PM. Its horrible everywhere at WDW!

Thanks for the reviews! Could you tell me more about Maya Grill? I have an ADR in May but have been a little apprehensive about it since I've read a lot of negative reviews. It's good to hear you had a positive experience.

Thanks for the reviews! Could you tell me more about Maya Grill? I have an ADR in May but have been a little apprehensive about it since I've read a lot of negative reviews. It's good to hear you had a positive experience.

We really liked the Maya Grill. I had a cerviche which consisted of chunks of fish in Tequilla, I also had a grilled salmon entree. We ate there our first night since we didn't get to the hotel until the afternoon and didn't want to go to any parks. The kids ate off the kids menu but I can't remember what they had though they did have ice cream for desert.

The service was pretty slow, but everyone enjoyed their food.

Just back from a week at Disney. We did the dining plan, here's our reviews.

Pepper Market at CSR - over-priced breakfast with poor selection and very busy most mornings, lousy coffee. Lunch on the other hand was completely different, good variety, good quality, and not very crowded (we only ate lunch there once though)

Maya Grill at CSR - had our first dinner here, it was FANTASTIC! Maybe the best meal we had all week, and all of our meals were great. Service was a bit slow.

Siestas at CSR - for a pool-side place we were impressed, good choices of burgers, chicken, hot dogs, salads and deserts. Nice bar as well.
Thanks for sharing! I agree with the breakfast at the PM, I can take it or leave it. But I love the lunch and dinner offerings! You have to try the breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill. Best option for only $13.95.

Great reviews. Love that hefeweizen also...nothing like a MaB at the Biergarten...we've also been to Munich three times including two Oktoberfests. Have to get back again someday.

Columbia Harbor can't be beat for lunch at the MK if you're not interested in the typical Disney burger fare.

Thanks for the reviews. You went to a few of our favorites - Columbia Harbour House, Sunshine Seasons, Biergarten, San Angel Inn. Glad to hear you enjoyed them too. :)

[Columbia Harbor House at MK - lunch here on Day 1, one of our favorite places for lunch in MK - great soups, sandwiches, and kids meals. We love this place, and even at peak time there were plenty of tables

Was this counter service?

[Columbia Harbor House at MK - lunch here on Day 1, one of our favorite places for lunch in MK - great soups, sandwiches, and kids meals. We love this place, and even at peak time there were plenty of tables

Was this counter service?

yes, it is a counter service restaurant on the DDP.

Thanks for sharing! I agree with the breakfast at the PM, I can take it or leave it. But I love the lunch and dinner offerings! You have to try the breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill. Best option for only $13.95.

I'm pretty sure it was $14.95 for adults and $9.95 for kids when we were there. I couldn't bring myself to spend $50-60 for breakfast.

San Angel Inn at Epcot - had our last dinner here. We had tried walking up on 3 previous visits and failed each time so we got advance reservations this time. The food was pleasantly surprising, not your typical burrito/enchilada/taco fare, but a good selection of shrimp, beef, chicken and fish dishes. The kids meals were really good here as well. The only complaint is that the tortilla chips looked like they came out of a bag. Service was fantastic as well. We found here, as well as pretty much all sit-down places, if you take a few minutes to talk to the server and get to know them, you will get fantastic service. Oh, did I mention the Flan? Get the Flan!

We went in Dec and this was my "must" place to eat. We got seats by the volcano. The atmosphere was great and the food was good! Can't wait to
go back and see the Gran Fiesta.

Thanks for the info. We've been deciding over the San Angel. Glad to hear
you liked it we'll try it also in Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter