Misty Mates on sale at Walgreens

Debbie7452

DIS Veteran
My sister just saw this deal. They are reduced to $17. We are both getting them for our upcoming trip. They also have them on Walgreens.com

What is the regular price? I just got one at Kmart (going out of business) for $7.00. I was hoping that I got a good deal!!

:Pinkbounc You did get a good deal! The regular price at Walgreens is $20.00. It's nice to know they are now on sale.

Hi Guys -
Faithful reader, seldom poster...

I just came back from BJ's and they had the mister fans for $7.00 each - available blue & green. Was afraid to get them now because the foam fan blades break sometimes - so.. maybe there are differences in some of these - the more expensive ones have plastic blades - or does that become a safety hazard for kids????
Just a thought is you have any BJ's near you!

melomouse:Pinkbounc WL here we come!

Hi Guys -
Faithful reader, seldom poster...

I just came back from BJ's and they had the mister fans for $7.00 each - available blue & green. Was afraid to get them now because the foam fan blades break sometimes - so.. maybe there are differences in some of these - the more expensive ones have plastic blades - or does that become a safety hazard for kids????
Just a thought if you have any BJ's near you!

melomouse:Pinkbounc WL here we come!

Melomouse-
I have a misty mate, and it does not have any blades. The misty mate is cylindrical with a small tube that "mists" instead of spraying like the fans do. I purchased mine at Target 2 years ago for $20, and they are sold at my local Wal-mart now for $15. If someone was able to get one at K-mart for $7, that was a deal. The fans for $7 are not such a good deal.

Hmmm -
I never would have realized - Thank you so much for pointing out the difference. We survived last August in WDW w/o them - I'll keep my eye out. I am also watching for the Motorola FRS which I think Walmart has for 34.88 a pair online. Haven't seen the fans - mister - but think I will check and look carefully !

Thanks so much!

Try eBay for Misty Mate! They have several listed! I always check eBay first...I'm an eBay-aholic, LOL

Hi....Walgreen's has Squeeze Breeze for $6.99 which is the squeeze bottle and fan combo. I bought a couple for our trip as the ones we had last year had a battery leak problem....fortunately I noticed in time. I don't know if the foam blades are less durable than the plastic, but with young kids, I'd definitely recommend foam......those plastic ones hurt!

I got several misty mates last year on ebay and gave some of them for Christmas presents. We just returned from WDW and used the misty mate many, many times. It feels soooooooooo good on your arms, legs, back of the neck and on your face. I always had someone comment on it and then of course I would mist them. You make friends quickly. One little girl had one of the spray bottles with the fan, but liked the misty mate much better. She told her grandpa that he had to get one of those. I carried mine in my backback with the hose coming out of the zipper and attached it to the backpack strap in the front so I could get to it easily. You can also wear it around your waist.

Thanks so much for all this info. Turns out my mom from Houston is oing to meet us in WDW for her 1st trip ever and.... she's afraid of the heat!!???
I'm passing this on to her so she will be prepared!
melomouse

We tried the misty mates once at WDW and my dad didn't think they worked well he sent them home with us in Arizona where they work much better due to our low humidity. I find I stay somewhat cooler by wearing white or light t-shirts with pants or shorts that breathe easy.

I must be an idiot. Anyway, I bought these Misty Mates a few years ago and never used them. Still in the box. My DD found them today. They are waist pack Misty Mates. My question is, Does anyone use a waist pack and the misty mate pack at the same time. Doesn't it look kinda funny. and does the black wire stick out or can you hide it under your t'shirt. In other words How do these things work???

they have the 24oz misty mates on sale for $15.99 at eckerds this week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter