Missing item from in person shipment but no one can get me to a live person...

MolonLabe

DTOM
The day before the Hurricane hit I visited the Character Warehouse on I-Drive. I went overboard and dropped about $500 on a boatload of stuff (mostly for Christmas) and had it shipped home.

A week later 3 huge boxes showed up and one item was missing, the DL60 crystal ear hat.

I've called the Character Warehouse and left 5 messages over the last 3 weeks. No returned calls. I even left a message on the machine for the Sawgrass location. Nothing.

The top of the receipt says "Disney Parks". They can't help nor can they reach anyone at the Character Warehouse. They suggest now I try to fax them.

I call Disney Store, since I'm told that maybe they can help... nope.

Guest relations can't help.

Main Switchboard can't help beyond getting me to the above people.

Does anyone know who I can contact that can help me? I'm thinking my only option to actually have someone contact me is to dispute the charge with my CC company. I'd rather not, I'd like my Crystal Ear hat, it's really cool and we were in DL in January for the DL60 celebration and I passed on it then. I was happy to see it again and more than half price.

Thanks in advance, this has been crazy frustrating. I've never experienced the "we can't help" from Disney before. It's bizarre.

DL60 crystal ear hat.
The actual "ear hat" or the ornament "ear hat" that was $25?

The Character Warehouse does have a Facebook page where you may want to try leaving a message.

It looks like a personal shopper or two post on the Fb page. Maybe they can check to see if any are even in stock. We didn't see any at all at the Cast store last month, but we had purchased ours in DL in the summer.

So, here's a thought...not sure if this will work, but could...

Try calling the mall offices where the stores are located. Tell them you had a merchandise issue with the Disney Warehouse store in their mall (whether it was actually their mall or not) & that you can't reach the store. It's possible they may have another phone number to reach them. But, even if they don't, they may have a contact for a District Manager that they can put you in touch with.

Or the easier thing may be to hop on a Disney Twitter account & start politely venting. A lot of corporations are quick to respond to complaints like this when all of their other prospective customers can see the conversation.

I know that you do not want to dispute it with your CC company. But do not wait to long as there are time frames that the credit card companies that you are allowed to dispute an item

Disney magic strikes again! So after I hung up with Guest Relations one of the supervisors kept calling around (without telling me she would) and a few minutes ago someone from the character warehouse called me! No idea who or what people she talked to but the woman who called from warehouse was very apologetic.

They have all the info (receipt number ect. ect.) she's check to see if they have any left and she'll call back with a tracking number when it goes out.

The actual "ear hat" or the ornament "ear hat" that was $25?

The actual faceted crystal glass ear D60 hat, it looks like this:
disneyland-60th-arribas-brothers-faceted-crystal-mickey-mouse-ears-new-04372a1ca0087eb9bfea083ced167c58.jpg

We passed it up in DL in January because we over spent (like buying this would have matter after the $3,000 life sized Yoda,thank God for the 20% AP discount in DL lol) and I really wanted it for my trip collections. Every trip I try to buysome sort of crystal keep sake. Be it a cube, figurine, whatever... this is perfect for the theme.

I was shocked to see D60 stuff in the Florida warehouse.

like buying this would have matter after the $3,000 life sized Yoda,thank God for the 20% AP discount in DL lol
OMG, so true! I spent so much on merch at DL last year that my discount savings more than paid for our Premium APs (possibly even twice over). It was like the 26 park entry days we used them for were free! I was so excited when they announced the 20% AP discount for WDW this year.

I'm glad everything worked out for you to get your missing ear hat.

@MolonLabe - I LOVE that ornament! They were out of nice ornaments when we visited DL last October. I was SO upset! I wonder if they still have it? Do you know?

ETA: I went back and re-read your post - maybe this isn't an ornament?

It's not an ornament - more like a paper weight.
They have a similar one at Arribas Bro. stores without the engraving
@MolonLabe - I LOVE that ornament! They were out of nice ornaments when we visited DL last October. I was SO upset! I wonder if they still have it? Do you know?

ETA: I went back and re-read your post - maybe this isn't an ornament?

Liz is correct, it's just a... figurine type thing. I love these things and being crystal they are pretty much timeless and will go anywhere or with anything.

You. Bought a... $3000. Life sized Yoda?:faint:
Yep, I was in DHS in December and asked about theirs, they said since it was their last one they couldn't sell it. They also wouldn't do the 10% AP.

So in January at DL I asked about theirs and they said it was their last one too but they'd sell him. I asked about the AP discount (20% in DL) and they said of course. So I bought him right out of the case. It was a pretty surreal moment seeing them taking him out and everyone walking by asking where he was going and CM's pointing at us, lol.

Where does one keep a life size Yoda?

On your replica Dagobah, naturally...
LOL!

Actually there in lies the problem, I've been trying (hardheartedly mind you) to find/buy a stand with a glass / plexiglass enclosure for him. He's still in his box. I need to try harder, It's an amazing piece and really well done, by far the nicest one I've ever seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter