Mind if I share?

Duckiedee

Every Day is Better at Disney
My DxDP Ressie and meal intentions???

Just so excited and my DH just doesn't understand.... LOL. He'll be happy once we're there. BONUS - I get to pick!!!!! :)

There is DH, myself and DD5. We have an arrival day, 10 full days of touring and then a departure day. It is our first trip! We are staying at CSR.

The day we arrive will be about lunchtime - I'm guessing we'll hit the snack bar by the main pool. Swim, relax and eat at Pepper Market or Maya Grill for supper. Basically a day to completely unwind and get to know the resort until the touring begins!!!! If we get excited and want to start, we'll probably head over to DTD.

Most days we'll be heading back to our room for a break.

First day of touring.

Tues. October 26 MK
Breakfast in room for rope drop.
Lunch
CS somewhere... first day go! go! go!!!! :)
We'll switch over to Epcot around 6 p.m.
Dinner
Rose and Crown at 7:35 to watch Illuminations
(We want to see fireworks our first night and there are none at MK)

You'll notice we're doing a lot of Character meals, shows and 'themed' restaurants.

Wed. October 27 MY BIRTHDAY!!!

AK
Breakfast
Donald's Safari Breakfast 8:05
Lunch
Flame Tree BBQ probably around 11, 11:30
Back to room for rest in afternoon.
Taking DD to Neverland Club for evening.
If we drop her off when it opens, we'll probably play in MK for a little bit.
Dinner
Date night (FOR MY BIRTHDAY!)
California Grill 7:30

Thurs. October 28 Epcot
Probably not rope drop because we have MNSSHP tonight!!!
Breakfast in room
Lunch
Coral Reef 11:40 (I've heard some poor reviews - but we are going for the aquariums!)
Back to room for break and to get ready for party.
But first my DSIL and partner in FL is meeting us for supper.
Dinner
Spirit of Aloha 5:15
I know this may not get us at the party for opening... but that's okay. This is her favorite restaurant in the world and she wants to experience it with our DD. It's going to be a super-fun night!!!!

Fri. October 29 MK
TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!!!!!! The DAY I'M DREAMING ABOUT!!!!!
Breakfast in room.
Arriving in time for:
BBB at 9:30 for Castle package for DD! :cloud9: :love: (She is set on dressing like Tiana!)
Drumroll....
Lunch
CRT at noon Ahhhh!!!!
Then DHS
Dinner
50's Prime-Time Cafe 4:30 (We are early eaters normally.)
Back to room for an early night.

Sat. October 30 MK
Daddy's Big Day!!!!
Breakfast in room. Late morning at resort for DD and I.
Richard Petty Rookie Experience for DH 8 a.m.
DD and I will arrive to watch him at track time.
Off to MK.
Lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern 1:35
Supper
Hoop Dee Doo 5 p.m.

Sun. October 31 Typhoon Lagoon
Breakfast
Boma 7:30
(Big breakfast for a big day in the water)
Lunch
Tilly's? at TL around 11. and Garbage Pail ice cream at some point - maybe instead of lunch!!! LOL
(I have reservations made at Biergarten at noon in case of a rain day.)
Back to room for dress up than off to DTD for Halloween celebrations.
Supper
Planet Hollywood 4 p.m.

Monday November 1 Epcot
Breakfast
Chef Mickeys 7:30
Lunch
Teppen Edo noon
Rest in afternoon.
DD going to Sandcastle Club for evening.
DH and I are doing some F&W touring...
Supper
Le Cellier 5:25

P.S. I have no idea how we are going to use our snack credits!!!!!! LOL!

Tues November 2 DHS
Breakfast in room.
Lunch
Sci-Fi Dine-in 11:15
Dinner
Mickey's Backyard BBQ (Weather permitting) 6:30

Wed November 3 AK
Breakfast in room.
Lunch
Yak and Yeti noon
Rest in room
DTD
Supper
Earl of Sandwich
La Nouba tonight!!!!

Wed November 4 MK Last day. :sad1:
Breakfast
Crystal Palace 8:05
Lunch
CS somewhere
Go to DHS after break
Dinner
Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose 4:20 :wizard:

November 5 - Travel home exhausted.... :laughing:

You'll be there during Food and Wine Festival and you have no plans to eat your way around Epcot? :confused3 I have far fewer ADRs for our October trip because we plan to eat probably one meal each day at all the fabulous food stands in Epcot.

I know what you mean about F&W, the best we can do is the night we are at Epcot and DD is at the Sandcastle Club - that is our Eat our way around night! LOL... am thinking with all this food we should have a number of snack credits available.

We are keeping in mind Epcot may or may not be 'fun' for DD and that is most of our magic for this first trip! :)

I think your times are way too close together, like the AK day you are eating a buffet at 8 and then lunch at 11, you'll be finished at 9, will you be hungry in 2 hours? or another example you are eating at CRT at noon & then dinner at 4:30? If it works for you great, but I think its way way way too close.

I think your times are way too close together, like the AK day you are eating a buffet at 8 and then lunch at 11, you'll be finished at 9, will you be hungry in 2 hours? or another example you are eating at CRT at noon & then dinner at 4:30? If it works for you great, but I think its way way way too close.

I agree that the times seem a bit close to me. We had the DxDP when we went in February and there is no way on this earth that we could have eaten that close together. We had a solid 5 hours in between every meal and would have pushed that to at least 6 had we not had little ones in tow.

I agree that the times seem a bit close to me. We had the DxDP when we went in February and there is no way on this earth that we could have eaten that close together. We had a solid 5 hours in between every meal and would have pushed that to at least 6 had we not had little ones in tow.

I have to agree as well. We are also doing the DxDP and the closest we have is a noon reservation for lunch and 5:30 for dinner (which we may push back). Typically we have 6 to 7 hours in between our TS lunch an dinner reservation times. For example, we will be having a TS lunch at 2:10 one day, but figure we will not be done probably until at least 3:45 so we have dinner at 9:20 that night.

Some comments/suggestions for the OP:

Although it may seem like you are leaving 4 hours in between a meal, by the time you get done the first one, it really is going to only be about 2.5 to 3 hrs.

Also take into consideration travel times. For example CRT at noon - you probably will not be done until at least 1:30....maybe later. Then you are heading over to DHS. By the time you leave MK and travel to DHS it will probably be at least 2:30. By then you will have less than 2 hours in the park before you need to head over to you dinner ADR. So you are really going to have very little time at DHS.

I would take a look at some of the ADRs that are that close together and factor in the actual dining time and travel time for them to make sure you are not cutting into park time that you have planned. Also to make sure that you will be hungry at the times you have planned.

I would definitely recommend pushing back 50's as much as you can if you are planning on spending time at DHS.

Hope this was helpful :goodvibes

I agree. Sometimes our adrs are 6 hours apart and we're still not hungry :sad2:. (And we're big eaters).

Also take into consideration travel times. For example CRT at noon - you probably will not be done until at least 1:30....maybe later. Then you are heading over to DHS. By the time you leave MK and travel to DHS it will probably be at least 2:30. By then you will have less than 2 hours in the park before you need to head over to you dinner ADR. So you are really going to have very little time at DHS.

I agree with this as well. We had park hoppers but we only managed to hop one day and that was mid-day on our last day there. I did my best to make sure that we had breakfast, lunch and dinner in or near which ever park we were going to be at for the day.

I know what you mean about F&W, the best we can do is the night we are at Epcot and DD is at the Sandcastle Club - that is our Eat our way around night! LOL... am thinking with all this food we should have a number of snack credits available.

We are keeping in mind Epcot may or may not be 'fun' for DD and that is most of our magic for this first trip! :)

I think your DD5 will enjoy Epcot...my son loves going to Epcot and visiting different countries and doing the Kidcot fun stops at Epcot...here is some information http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kidcot/

I agree with PP i think some might be too close together. I am on the DxDDP and I booked mostly breakfast and dinners so there was 9 hrs between. I do have 50's prime time booked at 11 then mama melrose at 5 due to fantasmic but its just because I had no choice if I wanted to do fantasmic! I saved 3 meal credits for days when we are starving in between but I think we might split those meals between my dh and I so we can get 6 meals to split if we are starving between ADRs but Im guessing we probablly wont be! sounds like alot of fun though!!!:goodvibes

I agree with the others. To me Disney is always a balance of: But I Really Want to Hit All These Restaurants!!!

and

We're Eating Again?!!!!

Believe me, you don't want to get to the point where you are leaving one meal and immediately having to work your way toward the next restaurant. When that happens, you start to feel like a prisoner of your ADR list.

I've done that to myself more than once and really regretted it.

Thank you for all the replies - I will definately relook at my times and how to adjust if neccessary (and if available!)

Often for most of these days we are heading back to the room after lunch and then off to the next meal/then to play at the park again. Normally as a family we eat between 11 and noon as we are up early and then again at 4 p.m. I am also trying to avoid rush hours even though it is table service.

This is also why there is usually a bigger gap between breakfast and lunch... we normally eat a snack at home in between and breakfast is our biggest meal/most standard meal of the day. (I know my daughter WILL get hungry by the next scheduled meal time as when she is done at a meal, she is done regardless of how much she leaves on her plate.) She also gets CRANKY if she doesn't eat regularly. And I don't want to fill her up on snacks then have her miss the next meal. Sigh.

I will relook at this though for sure. We don't overeat at meals so it might not be too bad keeping our regular schedle.... Eat until full and then stop. Usually we have several (5-6) small meals a day. It is hard to see how that will translate at the World.

This really really hard to do isn't it!!!!! You have me thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :3dglasses

Normally we eat about every 2.5 to 3 hours at home. Seriously. I can see us bringing doggie bags from TS where appropriate. Overall we will likely pick lighter meals. :) A few of our meals are scheduled a certain way because of our touring plans as well. I can definately see maybe moving our 50's resevation to later, but am concerned about getting to the resort fairly early since the day before is a long one and the excitement of CRT that day may 'finish' my DD. Poor 'lucky' little girl - what's a mom to do!!! LOL.

We don't usually eat too much in the evenings. And to eat breakie and lunch on top of one another is not unheard of if that's how our day goes and we wake/eat late and don't have a snack in between. We subscribe to eat lots in the morning and taper through the day. Finish eating early... that said - I guess I need to reconsider since we are NOT at home!!! :)

Thank you, thank you for your input... any suggestions when adding this background are appreciated.

I moved 50's to 5:35 as suggested - we should still manage an early enough night as DD and I are staying in in the morning.

I thought of moving Liberty Tree Tavern to 1 p.m. to spread out between that and the Hoop, but am afraid we might not make the reservation as we need to travel from Disney World Speedway from around noon.

I can adjust our Flametree if I need to the day at AK since no ADR involved.

Thanks for everyone's two cents! :)

I understand what it's like to be too excited. I've been telling everyone about my reservations since I booked them! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter