Mickey's Halloween Party--too loud, crowded to take a baby?

imjen

DIS Veteran
It would be dh and I and our 5 mo. old. I'm wondering if the party is too chaotic & loud to bring a baby. Also, how busy are the lines for rides like Pirates, HM, Buzz? We would mostly be going for atmosphere, rides, and fireworks as this would be our only visit to DL this trip and we don't care much about T or T'ing.

We've done two of these... and the lines for the rides are non-existent... the lines for candy can be long, but move quickly.... Most people seem to be in line for the characters... If you stay away from the dance parties, it really isn't loud or chaotic IMO.

Thought I'd add... that when my dd was 5 months old we took her to Kauai... she spent most of the trip nursing, sleeping, or riding in the ergo on my chest... I don't think she would have noticed much at DL especially at night... probably would have just conked out, and we could have spent the party wandering as we pleased.

Personally, I would go for the day instead and leave once the party starts. All the costumes, people and noise can be very over stimulating for a 5 mo. Also, if you are going more for the rides and the atmosphere...these are both obviously still there during the day. We had just as nice of a Halloween experience during the day and early evening and didn't have to deal with trick or treating, or the crowds. :thumbsup2

Thanks to both of you! We have plans Fri morning so it's either go for the party or forego DL this trip. I also like the idea of cheaper prices than the 1 day ticket and being able to go on rides with decent wait times plus the fireworks.

The really loud area was tomorrow land when I was there, Space mountain is noisy the. There was a dance party going. Frontier land was really calm.

Nope, you should be fine. We took our 6 month old and he was happy! Plus, in our experience they filled his bag with more candy because he was so cute ;)

we are in a similar boat. we have a wedding in L.A. we are attending and on the fence about bringing our 3 month old to the halloween party the friday before. we dont care too much for candy or riding rides, but just kind of want his first disney trip to be a halloween party

I think you'll be totally fine. I dragged my little 9month old dd around the park last year and she slept through everything while in the bjorn on my chest. She didn't budge during Fantasmic, fireworks, nothing. It was actually kind of nice. Now she's going to be 18 months when we go next month and I am worried it won't be as easy, although she'll more interested while awake this time. Only thing that caught her attention last year was It's a Small World Holiday...lol.

All your replies make me feel better about bringing my 1 yo and 2 1/2 yo to the par tay :grouphug: Halloween here we come! :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter