Mickey's Condo - a short review

tentaguasu

Mouseketeer
I was interested in staying in Mickey's Condo at Windsor Hills but couldn't find much of anything in terms of independent reviews.

I took a risk and I went anyway, and we really enjoyed it!

Jennifer, I believe, was the owner. Very helpful and nice. No problems at all. Answered all my questions patiently. Smooth, professional process for the booking. Lots of helpful information. Really made it "idiot proof" for someone who'd never done the "vacation home" thing.

I was a bit intimidated about trying it (how will it work? what about security getting in? etc.) Don't be intimidated - Jennifer's materials were great and the Windsor Hills guards do this all the time, so they get it.

Mickey's Condo uses one of the higher rated places in Orlando to do the cleaning, etc. (Can't think of the name, but they came highly rated...)

Windsor Hills itself is fine - nothing special in my mind, but quite, decently clean, and very, very convenient to the parks. There were a few details about WH itself that made it feel a bit run down (broken elevator button, less than spotless hallways) but nothing at all worrisome or off-putting.

Mickey's Condo itself was very clean and hospitable. The master bed was large and comfy (my wife and I, who use a queen, couldn't find each other in it!). We had one couple (my wife and I), one mother in law, and two kids in three rooms and it was great space wise. It really is an apartment, not a room.

Plenty of Disney theming around the place - not the crazy, super theming I've seen with some places, but plenty of Mickey stuff all over the place. A nice selection of Disney books for the kids, stuffed animals (that a germaphobe like me wouldn't let the kids play with, but a nice touch nonetheless), and plenty of other nice details.

The only downside was the refrigerator wasn't particularly strong, so we piled a bunch of stuff in it and then found that in the morning it hadn't been able to cool it all down fast enough. So if you go, make sure to be gentle on how much stuff you dump in at a time. (We ended up keeping some stuff in a cooler with ice.) We're very touchy about food safety, so you may not care, but I'd be careful. Again - not really a defect of the room, just a reality with the volume of food we were putting into a standard sized refrigerator.

If you're looking for a luxury resort, not sure this would fit the bill - not because of Mickey's Condo, but Windsor Hills itself is just OK. Nice, but not luxury (in my book). Even so, I would have felt happy spending a day vegging out there, watching TV, playing video games (one in-room I think...), hitting the pool, or just relaxing (we didn't because we blow it out at the parks every day - but you could...)

With the full kitchen we saved a ton on eating by breakfasting and late night munching in our apartment as well as prepping food to take to the parks.

But for a clean, accommodating, friendly, hospitable base of operations for your Disney trip - I highly recommend it.

And an absolutely *outstanding* value for the price we paid. It was as cheap or cheaper than what I paid for a moderate to cheap hotel with two queen beds - and we had a full-sized, three bedroom apartment! Sort of blew me away how much we got for the price. No maid service, but for that I'll make my own bed.

I was there summer of 2012, so things may have changed a bit, but I doubt it.

If I stay off-site again, this is probably where I'll stay. I took a bit of a risk and have no regrets at all. This was my third Disney trip in about 6 years and this was by far the best choice we made for accommodations.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details. If you do plan to stay there, I'd appreciate it if you PM me so I can refer you and get a discount. (That right there tells you that I like the place - who wants a discount to a place they don't want to stay??!!)

Either way - it's a very good choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter