mickey's backyard bbq

larklynn

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been to Mickey's backyard bbq? Any tips or things I need to know?
We are staying at ssr for the 2nd time and plan to go to mp to catch the bus to mbb does anyone have any idea how long that might take. We are taking ds 10 dd 7 and ds 4.
thanks

We went to the bbq just your standard bbq with entertainment. I would give yourself and hour for transportation. You will have to take a bus to one of the park or TTC and then switch to a FW bus or boat.

MK - FW boat drops you off at PH and the bbq is behind the hall.

did they have any games there? Did your kids enjoy it? We are also going to the crystal palace for lunch one day. We have done crt, pirate cruise, mad hatters tea party, my disney girl tea party, and the cooking adventure, and luao any other ideas?

My DH loved it.. lol beer included... Kids had fun. Dancing on stage and w/ characters. Trying to figure out if we're going to do it again this year. Want to try new things.

My family went in 2001. My DS's were 5 and 3 at the time. They did not care to dance. They picked at the food. The food in itself was okay. My DH is a pop drinker and there was none so he was quite upset. We enjoyed Mickey,Minnie and Goofy dressed as cowboys and Chip and Dale were dressed as Indians. It was a live band playing country music. They taught line dancing and a bad came out and did rope tricks. All my DS's wanted to do was go back to the resort to swim. All in all my DH and I said that was the first time we were a bit let down with the disney magic. It was not one of our favorites. Maybe things have changed.. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi! We are planning our dining for our trip in May and I saw your post! Could you tell me what the cooking adventure is? I have never heard of it..I'm new to the whole disney thing!

The Grand cooking adventure is at the grand floridian. It is about 2 hours long the kids make aprons with their names and handprints on them, them make cookies, decorate a chefs hat, read a story, and pass out the cookies in the lobby of the gf. My kids loved it when they went dd was almost 4 and ds was 7. DS is devolopmentally delayed and cm were wonderful with him at all the things we have tryed he is 10 now and loved the pc from the gf. How old are your children? We are going the first week of May it will be my ds' 3rd time going and dd 4th. Next year we are going to sign the youngest up for pc. We are going to do the pj's with a ribbon on them on their pillows with a letter from mickey, the wake up calls, and the confetti bath stuff (tinkerbell sprinkles in the tub). We are going to start a few more traditions any ideas? ( our first trip with just our family)

I don't like to damper other peoples enthusiasm, but Mickeys BBQ was the one time we were let down by DIsney. We had small children and it felt like a free for all with kids running around the characters. I would save the money do a nice character meal and one of the GF kids activities - WOnderland Tea Party, Pirate Cruise or Grand Adventures in Cooking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter