Metal Detectors for All Guests?

All of the front of MK is a bottleneck...the whole area leading down to the buses and everything. There's not much they can do to change the geography...it's just a natural bottleneck.
if the only people being scanned at mk are the ones coming from the bus loop and walking from contempo it shouldn't be that bad

When we were at the MK in September they had added a lot more bag check tables. We never waited at all, as there were always empty tables so hopefully even during busier times the bottleneck would be less than it used to be. Still a bottle neck yes, but as others have pointed out a lot of that has to do with geography of the area.

It would be perfectly fine with me. I fit a certain profile and ALWAYS get "randomly" selected at WDW parks and at the airport, o_O and although for a minute it bugs me, safety first.

Last edited:
When dh and I were there in Sept they had everyone go through the metal detector at the IG. Granted we were not there at park opening but there were still quite a few people there going through. It went very smoothly, people who needed additional screening were pulled aside and others were let through the detector. There was really no waiting at all.

So...my thought is a 2-hour security line will help with overcrowding in the parks. These days it's all about spreading people out. If they are in the security line they aren't in front of me at Splash. :rolleyes1

Having multiple check points at various places will only weaken any system in place. Once there are holes they will be found. There need to be one place everyone will pass through. Plus the cost to implement in many places and manned would be cost prohibitive.

There is plenty of room to do the "Universal route" at MK by reducing the planters back to underneath the monorail lines and build a wider sweep of permanent "Disney creative" scan/detector lines. AND by scanning our bags instead of hand searching them the line would move SO MUCH faster. Our Six Flags has their detectors/tables etc all under the cover of an "entryway" and there is no reason this can't be done well with imagineering.

Pardon my preschool art ... green reduced planters ... blue lines for ALL to go through with bag scans and walk through metal detectors. You could even widen the opening by pulling planters back some.

baca5cfa-519b-41e3-ba52-96a1a74b7604.png

So...my thought is a 2-hour security line will help with overcrowding in the parks. These days it's all about spreading people out. If they are in the security line they aren't in front of me at Splash. :rolleyes1

It will also help reduce the crowds because a lot of folks won't go if you have to wait 2 hours in line just to get in.

It would also kill park hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter