• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mega-Con? Mega People! Mom and Daughter travel again! 1/30-2/5, PTR info 4/26*

I showed up pretty late, but really enjoyed this TR! I like your Universal sweater and Starbucks mug! I remember being surprised to see your TR title reference MegaCon and that your trip was in February, but I checked online and saw that it’s in February now! It used to be in May years ago. Nathan did it one year as a vendor when I was in grad school and I was sure it wasn’t when I was still in classes. Crazy how much of a difference all those events can make on park crowds. Hopefully you’ll be able to avoid them next February!
:thanks: So much for reading! Mega Con was really noticeable at Universal, not as much at Disney. There was a Mega Con special ticketed event on the Friday night we were there! I looked it up on the Internet and it was actually a good deal!
I will be checking the Orlando calendar before our next winter trip!

This was a great trip report, and it was neat reading about your experiences at Universal Mardi Gras as well! I'm glad you were able to pick up an extra food gift card for later - I was planning on doing the same but missed out completely on Mardi Gras due to cancelled flights. Your trip looked really fun!
I’m sorry you missed out on the Mardi Gras deal. I have been reading how many people had flight cancellations and delays this spring break, ugh that is such a bummer!
:thanks: Very much for reading and commenting! We had a wonderful trip even though it felt really busy for a supposedly low crowd time of year!

Good to know. I don’t think Disney is quite as accommodating.
Disney has never given us a late check out and Universal has each time I have asked!
But you’re not doing HHN that night!
I know, Friday’s are so busy at the event and I think this Friday will be really busy!
It’s a great ride… but that last bit is weird!
It is strange once they reach ETs planet, some call it Steven Spielberg’s fever Dream :rotfl:
Is that new? I don’t remember. Was it something else before?
I think it has been there for quite sometime. This was our first ride on it!
Nice shot of the two of you. :)
:thanks:
Yeah… my kid tries that she’s drawing back a stump!
:rotfl:I don’t like when Andi does that, the food was really good for an airport Chick Fil A
Because…$$$? Or not liking being on a ship? Or?
She is a germ a phobe and cruises make her nervous 😟 She blames me since I am a nurse and always told them to wash their hands and be careful of germs :rotfl:
Thanks so much for writing! :goodvibes
Ahh you are welcome! I’m so glad you followed along and commented. It makes writing these much more enjoyable!

Thanks for taking us along on your travels with Andi. You’ve got some gorgeous photos of the two of you in that last update.
You are welcome and thank you for always joining in on my reports. I really appreciate it!
Love the sweatshirt and the mug and also the fact that you are heading off again next week so hopefully another trip report for us to read
The sweatshirt is really comfortable and I love the color! Yes, our trip is coming up very soon! I’m going to try to take notes and do a report since it is a little different traveling with my sisters!
It was a super long line at Orlando's TSA that motivated us to purchase TSA precheck. It is truly worth it, especially since we fly at less 5 times a year.
Same with Andi and I! We love having especially for MCO
I love waffle fries. I wish they would bring them back to Geyser Point.
I do to and these were fresh and delicious 😋
We ran into super long wait times when we arrived at Mears Connect in the airport due to all the activities in Orlando. It tied up the traffic and Ubers. I never saw a situation where the buses just didn't arrive at the Mears Connect location. They ended up putting us on a taxi to the Wilderness Lodge.
It was crazy how many people came to Orlando for the extra events. I will be checking the calendar next year before booking our trip!
I enjoyed your trip report. You really packed a lot of fun into a short trip. :)
:thanks: I’m glad you followed along and commented!

Thanks for another great trip report! I am not good at commenting but I love reading them and appreciate you taking the time to do them! Your mother- daughter trips inspired me to take my two girls on my own, when my non Disney loving husband was finished going along.
:thanks: I’m really happy to hear about your mother and daughter trips! That is wonderful! I know all about the husband being done with the Disney trips :rotfl:
We have went every year for the last five years. This year only one of my daughters is going because it's her Graduation present and she wanted it to be just the two of us. Her sister was fine with it because in three years it will be her turn and she's already planning a cruise for just us two! Lol Looking forward to your next report!
I love that you have been going with your daughters every year over the past 5 years, that is amazing!
The graduation trips with each daughter on their own will be wonderful! 🤩 My trips with Andi have been so anwesome and I am very thankful we have been able to go as often as we have! I love to write about them on here because it makes them last longer!
Thanks again for commenting, I love hearing from you!

I`m so glad you enjoyed it, yes it is sweet, it looks good though in your picture!!!
It was a beautiful looking drink and very tasty 🤤
That`s so true. Tom and I weren`t rum drinkers at all until we started visiting Strong Water, Fernando and his team really educated us on rum and now it`s one of our favourite cocktail based drinks.
I agree! They really have so many varieties of Rum and surprisingly combined in ways you wouldn’t think of!
lol....love the Redrum part of the movie.
I do to! The book is terrifying
I really am over the moon you love Strong Water so much and I will try The Reverend on our next trip!!
We sure do. We can’t wait to go back again in September!
Yes, last days come around far too fast, but thank you for taking the time again to do such a lovely report. You and Andi have so much fun and she was so lovely being quite emotional with you, she seems such a lovely girl!!
Thank you for the lovely comments! The trips do go reallly quickly just like time in general!
I am heading back to Orlando very soon on 4/28, yay :cheer2:

Nice to have those cards!
Really a good deal and I’m glad we can use them in September
You are lucky you don't have to rush to the airport. MCO recommends 4 hours for international flights which feels excessive to me.
4 hours is so long, ugh 😣 With curbside and TSA precheck an hour is usually enough time. I always pad that time just in case but really that is all we need!
It's what moms do!
It sure is! We do whatever we can for our children!
Joe and you would have fun! Hope it works out. :)
I’m working on him. I think the relaxing and food will win him over. :rotfl:
Thanks for another great report! I always enjoy reading along and appreciate the care and detail you put in to writing them.
:thanks: I love having you read along and comment, it really makes it really fun! I can’t wait for our next combo TR!
It's a cute ride & we do typically ride it when we're at Universal, but yeah, kinda a let down for the last hoorah of the trip
It really is, I just thought it was weird how the alien lady keeps talking about throwing up, 🤮 lol 😝 I’m surprised we had never rode before!
Despite the crowds, I'm so glad you & Andi had such a great time together! Loved your trip report! Enjoy your trip coming up in just a few days!!!
:thanks: So. Much for joining in and commenting! Yes my next trip is coming up very soon! Yay :cheer2:

4 hours is so long, ugh 😣 With curbside and TSA precheck an hour is usually enough time. I always pad that time just in case but really that is all we need!
So nice to not have to get there super early. I may look into to getting Nexxus (Canadian version of TSA pre check).
I’m working on him. I think the relaxing and food will win him over. :rotfl:
Fingers crossed!
:thanks: I love having you read along and comment, it really makes it really fun! I can’t wait for our next combo TR!
Same!! Our trip will be so much fun!

I did laugh that your last Universal ride was the Twirl and Hurl - too funny! :laughing: I guess I’ll have to make this our last ride the next time we visit - I’ve never been on it!

In spite of your last ride selection (or perhaps because of it), your trip ended on a great note. I’m glad you purchased more gift cards for your next trip - I look forward to the next adventure with Andi!

I agree 100% with your assessment of TSA Precheck. I agree that it’s the best money we’ve spent.

Thank you so much for sharing another trip with us! You and Andi seem to have such a great time together and I’m glad you continue to enjoy mother/daughter trips as Andi has become an adult. Can’t wait to hear about your next trip!

I couldn't love ALL your trip reports more! It's a highlight when I see your name pop up. There are just a couple of reports that I MUST drop everything and read. Yours is definitely one of them. I think your outfits are super cute also.

Disney has never given us a late check out and Universal has each time I have asked!
So… who has better customer service then, hmmmmmm????
I know, Friday’s are so busy at the event and I think this Friday will be really busy!
I bet!
It is strange once they reach ETs planet, some call it Steven Spielberg’s fever Dream :rotfl:
:laughing:
She is a germ a phobe and cruises make her nervous 😟
Yeah, that’d do it

You and Andi always have so much fun. Love your reports. Looking forward to the next one!
:thanks: :love:Always happy to see you reading along! So far I have three trips on the horizon
Same!! Our trip will be so much fun!
I’m really excited and now with Dapper Days at Christmas time, wow, amazing! You already have so many beautiful dresses that will work! I will have to think of something!
So… who has better customer service then, hmmmmmm????
Right now I give it to Universal!

I did laugh that your last Universal ride was the Twirl and Hurl - too funny! :laughing: I guess I’ll have to make this our last ride the next time we visit - I’ve never been on it!
I know! It was fine just very crass like the Simpsons usually are! :rotfl: It has an EP line and not a soul in it but us!
In spite of your last ride selection (or perhaps because of it), your trip ended on a great note. I’m glad you purchased more gift cards for your next trip - I look forward to the next adventure with Andi!
It really was a wonderful trip despite the large crowds! Usually when we head over to US it much less crowded than Disney, not this trip! It is really nice to have the gift cards for HHN!
I agree 100% with your assessment of TSA Precheck. I agree that it’s the best money we’ve spent.
I love it 🥰 I think most who travel to MCO frequently need it! That airport is crazy 😜
Thank you so much for sharing another trip with us! You and Andi seem to have such a great time together and I’m glad you continue to enjoy mother/daughter trips as Andi has become an adult. Can’t wait to hear about your next trip!
:thanks::love: It is so nice to have you here reading along and commenting! I love to write the reports and as Andi has become an adult and I don’t see her as often, the reports make it feel like she is with me each day!

I couldn't love ALL your trip reports more! It's a highlight when I see your name pop up. There are just a couple of reports that I MUST drop everything and read. Yours is definitely one of them. I think your outfits are super cute also.
:thanks: Such wonderful comments :love: I love to see you reading along! I invested in some new outfits since I was tired of seeing the same shirts in the pictures! :rotfl:Clothes for me are a huge part of my Disney/US trips!

Did you see the magnet is Stitch? Yay 😃
We saw Stich merch everywhere. They are really pushing Stitch right now.

I made it back just as you're closing your report and heading back. Thank you for taking us along for another Mother-Daughter trip. It's great that y'all have so much fun together.

Good luck with your next trip and I look forward to reading that report too.

I made it back just as you're closing your report and heading back. Thank you for taking us along for another Mother-Daughter trip. It's great that y'all have so much fun together.

Good luck with your next trip and I look forward to reading that report too.
Thank you for being here! Andi and I had a wonderful trip once again! It looks like your trip was great!
Vacation is starting now for me, drink in hand and finishing my packing tonight!

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

My sister Donna and I leave tomorrow to drive to my sister Helen’s house in the St. Paul area.
1714173826343-gif.855015

My son Jack and his girlfriend Amanda are coming over to visit with us tomorrow evening. He lives about 30 minutes from Helen.

We will order out and have a chill evening hanging out.
1714174138183.gif
Our flight leaves at 7:50am Sunday. Helen’s husband Kevin will drop us off at the airport! Yay!

We arrive in Orlando at 12:00pm

Loose plans include:

Epcot for some food from F&G or pool time with food from pool QS.
IMG_2024-04-26-180807.jpg
DHS in the evening

Monday is AK in the am, Epcot in the evening with Via Napoli before the extra hours for deluxe guests

IMG_2024-04-26-180418.jpg
Tuesday is MK in the am, Tony’s lunch to watch FoF parade, DS in the evening.
IMG_2024-04-26-180018.jpg
Wednesday is Epcot in the am, F&G food booths, MK in the evening with Skippers Canteen and extra hours for deluxe guests.
IMG_2024-04-26-180541.jpg
Thursday is Epcot for F&G, early lunch bites at the booths, DHS in the evening for Sci Fi Diner’s Fantasmic dinner. Fantasmic show and Oga’s Cantina at 10pm, park close time!
IMG_2024-04-26-180720.jpg
Friday is AK with Savor the Savannah tour at 3:15pm, depending on our energy level by evening we may go to Poly, have a drink and watch HEA on the beach there.
IMG_2024-04-26-180158.jpg
Saturday is a free for all day, lol 😆 Our flight isn’t until 6:40pm so definitely some park time and a meal. I have Topolinos for a late breakfast or I have Homecomin for a late lunch, not sure which we will do.

Beach Club is our resort for the week!

We will be using Genie+ and Fancy rides $$
We will be riding Dinosaur 🦖 ::yes:::jumping1:

It will be a different type of trip with my sisters instead of Andi! I’m sure it will be wonderful!

Thanks again for joining in the fun and I plan to do a TR!

See ya all real soon!
1714174439059.gif

Attachments

• 1714173826343.gif
    1714173826343.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
I am very late to this TR, but I enjoyed reading it as always! Mother daughter trips never get old! :love: It it so nice to slow down a bit and not try and do everything. You both sure had some good food this trip! Too bad about all the rides not cooperating, I don't mind when it's Genie+ rides as I get multi experience passes but a total bummer when it's your paid rides! I haven't been to Universal in a while, I miss it! Will probably not make it there again until Epic Universe opens which I'm so excited for. Have a fantastic time on your trip!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter