Meeting the podcast crew on PCC 1.0

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
I have a confession to make....

I was one of the ones who didn't actually formally meet any of the podcast crew on the cruise. :wave2: It wasn't intentional. It just didn't happen at any of the meet and greets. I did talk to Kevin a couple of times to get drink coupons from him (VERY IMPORTANT STUFF), but didn't introduce myself or my non-listening/non-posting husband Phillip to Pete, Walter, John, Kevin, Julie, Corey, Teresa, or Kathy.

I do think that I had in the back of my mind that I didn't want to "bother anybody." I didn't really even realize this until listening to the show today. :blush:

Obviously, this situation will be rectified with Pete, Walter, John, and Kevin when we spend a week with them in LA on the DIS ABD trip in April.:woohoo: I'll also make sure I step up and say hi to everyone else on PCC 2.0.

:wave2:

I was able to meet most of the crew, except for Corey and Kathy (oh yeah, I missed Walter, too)... my big problem was all the CRUISERS! :eek:
I felt really bad not being able to talk to more people (you included, Dodie, but we did very briefly talk) and I hope I didn't offend anyone by not talking a bit more; I went way beyond my limit of remembering faces/names/screen names and I'm sure I called someone by the wrong name :(
I'm sure you'll have no problem finding time to say 'hi' during ABD :)

I didn't meet most of them either. I think like you I was thinking I didn't want to bother anyone. This goes for not just the crew but other people from the boards too. Once I got off the boat I started feeling bad about not just going up to and talking to more people. I am a little mad at myself for being such a chicken.

I think I met everyone. But there are still people from the rest of the boards that I didn't meet.

Hi Dodie. Kind of the same thing here with Deb and I. We were not able to spend much time beyond a hello and a handshake. And then we missed a few.

Corey and Julie we met in the Quiet Cove pool. Kevin and John were quick hellos at entry to the Welcome Aboard Reception. Teresa we met at the Goofy Pool Farewell Meet (Deb and her had a long chat :) ), and Pete we finally met in the forward elevator lobby during/after the Farewell Meet.

Unfortunately we never were able to introduce ourselves to Kathy or Walter. :sad1: There is always next time. ::yes::

Hi Dodie. Kind of the same thing here with Deb and I. We were not able to spend much time beyond a hello and a handshake. And then we missed a few.

Corey and Julie we met in the Quiet Cove pool. Kevin and John were quick hellos at entry to the Welcome Aboard Reception. Teresa we met at the Goofy Pool Farewell Meet (Deb and her had a long chat :) ), and Pete we finally met in the forward elevator lobby during/after the Farewell Meet.

Unfortunately we never were able to introduce ourselves to Kathy or Walter. :sad1: There is always next time. ::yes::

George, they all know who your are....now.

I was able to meet most of the crew, except for Corey and Kathy (oh yeah, I missed Walter, too)... my big problem was all the CRUISERS! :eek:
I felt really bad not being able to talk to more people (you included, Dodie, but we did very briefly talk) and I hope I didn't offend anyone by not talking a bit more; I went way beyond my limit of remembering faces/names/screen names and I'm sure I called someone by the wrong name :(
I'm sure you'll have no problem finding time to say 'hi' during ABD :)
I answer to most any name. :goodvibes I tried to say hello to the entire podcast team but didn't get to many of my fellow cruisers, including you Dodie **hangs my head in shame**

I dont want any of you to feel alone in this....

At the time, it seemed like I met thousands of people.

Looking back....I see people post and think...gosh....I either didnt get to meet them or didnt get to spend enough time talking to them.

When I think about it....I dont think I even saw Corey and Julie except at Podcast events.

If you see us out and about....please say hello. It's not a bother. We all like to meet the folks that listen to the show. Y'all are the REASON we do the show in the first place. If it wasnt for you...we'd be sitting in that same room geeking out by ourselves.

Kevin

I wish you would have come up and introduced yourselves. I thought it was great meeting so many of you. I loved being able to put a face to the names.

We didn't get to meet many other Dis'ers either. We're pretty quiet folks and don't put ourselves out there too much. I wish I would have met more of you. There seems to be some lasting friendships that were made that I would have loved to be part of.

We didn't spend a lot of time with the crew either but we were having dinner with them on the sunday after the cruise so we didn't want to take much time during the cruise.

I'm with you Dodie....we get almost a week with these guys in April....:banana:

Chris

I met everyone at one point or another. I was in the elevator with Cathy. I talked to Teresa a few times. Saw Kevin and John at the Muddy Buddy plus at the Castaway Cay party. Pete sat with Kim, and I on Castaway Cay for a little while. I think Katherine was there also. Todd and I saw Corey, Julie and Ferris on the 8th at the Dolphin.
I can't wait for the ABD trip. It is going to be a blast!!!

I had a dream before the cruise where I was already on the way home from it and thinking:
"Oh no! We forgot to go to the Martini Tasting!"
and
"Oh no! We forgot to go to the Wine Tasting!"
and
"Oh no! We forgot to go parasailing!"
and
"Oh no! We forgot to meet the Podcast Team!"

I'm happy to say that we did indeed to remember to do those first three things. But the last thing was only partially accomplished, but not because we forgot. I specifically had conversations with Julie, Corey (and Ferris!), Kevin and John, but was never able to make my way through the crowds to get to Pete. We also had brunch at Palo with Corey's parents, who we enjoyed very much. I had very brief encounters with Teresa and Kathy, but never saw Walter outside of the times he was "on stage". I'm hoping to rectify that with those we missed spending any quality time with on PCC 2.0!

Well I did get to meet the entire podcast team. That I am very happy about.
Dodie I enjoyed meeting you a great deal, just wished I'd have had a little more time with you. I missed most of the evening events due to having to take the boy's back to the room and put them to bed. :sad2:
I know there are alot diser's out there that I did not meet. :sad2: :sad2:
For this I am sorry as I have been feeling like I missed something really special. Hoping to meet sometime in the near future. :thumbsup2
I think one of the highlights of this trip for me was getting to meet Aspen37.
I was thrilled to meet tickledtink and to realize that I had meet her last December at TSM.:yay: Now I can put a name, face, and board name together. :woohoo:

For me it was like moving into a new neighborhood, and going to the first HOA meeting (without the infighting). You met all of your neighbors and not just the ones that live next door. The team was like the HOA board, the ones who put it all together but, they are neighbors just the same and are entitled to have just as much fun as the rest of us.

When is John up for re-election to the board?? :rotfl:

Christy and I enjoyed getting to meet everyone including the team! There is nothing like putting out FE gifts and loading up Pete's door with FE goodies when Pete walks out and invites you into "the suite!" And I must say thanks to Tracy for helping hatch my :darth:evil plan!!

Thanks again team!

I was just shocked with how down to earth the team was!! To me they seem like celebrities, so my first encounter with them was when Corey waved me over (because he saw my dis lanyard) when I was going to get Jason and I a drink at the beverage station. Corey was there with Julie and Ferris and Corey's mom. I think Corey asked me where I was from and I said Chicago, but originally from Michigan and then I said there are alot of cool things to do in Michigan, which lead to Mackinaw (and Corey's mom wanting to go there) and something about fudge, and then chocolate. Corey said he could hear my Chicago accent:confused:. I didn't know I had an accent.

Then I embarrassed myself pretty bad after the wine tasting when Kevin was asking questions. He asked if anyone had a question to ask fellow cruisers to win a prize, and I said When is my birthday! :sad2: Kevin gave me a look, and I knew I said something dumb :headache: but by this time I had lots of alcohol.

We talked to John and Pete and Julie for a little bit at the Heads Up Bar Party on CC.

After the live taping I walked up to John and said Kevin :headache: and thanked him for the cruise and all the wonderful things that they planned for us! After I redeemed myself by not remembering who is who because they like to remain :cool2: incognito.

And at the farewell party I actually got a hug :hug: from John, I did ask if I could get one though! I talked to Pete again for a little bit at the bar, it was more like I just listened, he was talking to Kimstarr about Jersey.

I just had the best time EVER!! I still wish I got to talk to more people, but there is always next time! No worries! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter