Meal Plans?

Miranda Danda

DIS Veteran
OK, I have seen ya'll talking about meal plans and I am unclear about this. I am graduating college on April 30th and my parents and sending my boyfriend and I to Disney for a week. We will be staying at the Pop Century and going to the parks daily. What does the meal plan do, how much does it cost, and what do you get? Any details from those who know or have used it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :mickeybar

It is $35 each adult per night.

If your parents are willing to foot the bill for it, I would certainly get it. It means that the two of you could enjoy many nice meals (or character meals) without worrying about cost.

Thanks, PrincessTrisha. The only thing I am worried about is that it says you have to have a certain package in order to get this. We got the seasonal pass and it doesn't look like I can get it with that. We booked the trip through Triple A and they were not sure on a lot of stuff because of how Disney just changed their packages. They said they have only booked 2 Disney vacations this year because of the new packages. I can understand. It is pretty confusing. Does anyone know if this meal plan is available without purchasing a certain package or what the requirements are? If anyone has ever done a meal plan, please let me know what ticket package you got. For only $35 a day, that would DEFINTELY be saving major money! Thanks for all the help :)

Hey, Miranda Danda! Sorry to say, but if you have already purchased Annual passes or Florida resident passes, you cannot get the Dining plan. It has to be purchased with a room and ticket package.

But, you CAN still save some $$ on your meals. FL residents and AP holders can get a Disney Dining Experience card- $75 for FL residents, and $50 for AP holders. The card gets you a savings of 20% off the bill at most of the sit-down restaurants at Disney. Some, but not all, of the Counter svc places are also included. Look into getting this- especially if your parents will buy it for you!

MomofKatie,
Thanks for the info! It was kind of crazy how I had to buy my tickets because in order to get the FL resident price, we had to get the room separate from the tickets. It was a little crazy, but I will definitely look into that discount card. Thanks for letting me know about it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter