• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MCO and WC Request

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.
My mom will be flying on her own (she is a healthy young 78) in October to meet me at BWVs.
She will fly from EWR to MCO.
We rent an ECV at Disney and when we fly together, she is fine walking through the airports although a little slowly.
I will be taking her luggage with me when I fly earlier that week.

If I request WC use in MCO, do I need to have her use it in EWR?
I want her to have the WC waiting when she gets off the plane.
Once they take her off the plane, will they wheel her to whatever location she reqeusts?

I was either thinking a driver meeting her at the luggage pick up (even though she doesn't have luggage) or
bring her to Mears (which we have used before and she is comfortable with taking).

Thank you all so much!

I frequently travel solo. Request can be made through your airline for MCO only. I request EWR as well though since both the new Terminal A and Terminal C are just ghastly long walks for me.

The wheelchair will likely be waiting on arrival… the one hold up would be if you need to wait for a “pusher” since they do get busy. They will bring you to luggage pickup.

I requested a WC one trip back in October and they were waiting for me - but the guy had several people - more than he could push. I had a family member and he was happy to turn me over to them. They do get busy but I'm sure someone could help her or would call a WC if none showed up.

Ideally I take my rollator with me and just take my time getting to the luggage area. Not sure if she is able to use a rollator (or push a WC herself which sort of works like having a rollator). You mentioned she usually walks (with you) through that airport so just thinking that could be an option. I also don't know why the pusher wouldn't take her to Mears - except he may be pushing two people and one needs to pick up luggage so that might be a priority (and I don't know where Mears picks up - same terminal?).

We request a wc at MCO for my mom since she can walk to the flight leaving SEA but after sitting over 5 hrs she can’t walk up the jetway. Each time she’s had to wait for the wc and then the “pusher” has a ton of people to push. Last year we waited for him flyer she got pushed up the jetway o we said “forget it” and slowly walked to the baggage claim.

We have used the wheelchair at MCO many times. We have our own wheelchair, but I cannot push it and carry all the bags, so we use the assistance. They will take you wherever you need to go including a stop in the bathroom. Just be sure to tip the pusher.

Last year I had both parents, so we had our wheelchair and had to use one of theirs (both parents are in their 80s). They did not send enough pushers for our flight, so the employee and I worked it out. He pushed my Dad and another lady in the airport wheelchairs (had my Dad hold the rollator in the front) and the lady holding a bag wheeling along the side. He hung bags from the wheelchairs too. And I had my Mom in our wheelchair with my backpack on my back and her holding her carry on. Once we got to baggage claim, the pusher helped grab the bags for us and the other lady. And then took her down to where she would wait for her family. And assisted us with the bags down to where we were meeting our car service. Helped get the bags in the car and helped my parents get into the car too. Took so much off me! He got a great tip. He even gave me his number for our return trip, but he ended up being off that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter