MAY 2017

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
Yahoo :cool1: I finally picked my dates for next years trip! I see that MAY 2017 was not even a thread, which almost makes me happy! Maybe low crowds?? :confused3

I debated between May and October for a while. I decided on May, even though my daughter will have to miss an additional day of school compared to utilizing the Columbus Day holiday. But.... one more day in exchange for better weather, more sunlight and lower crowds won out.

So...May 3rd thru the 14th for me :goodvibes. I haven't decided on the resort yet. I really wanted to go back to the Contemporary, as Ive stayed a the Poly the last 2 visits, but with the new Oasis pool, I might have to go back a 3rd time! Also considering BC/YC due to our almost nightly meals at Epcot. But, I have time to think about that later. At least I can get started on dining plans 14 months in advance :rotfl2:.

So the BIG question.....Who is with me ?? :-)

We are also planning for May 2017! We are planning to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. We have only been to Disney 3 times, once in July and twice in May. We fell in love with May so it will probably be the time of year we always go :drive:

We will be at AKL May 3rd thru 11th, celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary. Have been several times early May, and have determined this is the best time to go.....keep it a secret though!

Changed our plans to now be traveling in November 2017.

Last edited:

How is the weather in the first two weeks of May? Is it humid like summer?

It seems like forever since Ive been in May, though from what I remember, the weather was perfect :) I have never been during traditional summer months, but have been in September twice. The first time I melted in 2 seconds. Ridiculously humid and hot. I was really dreading last years September trip, but we went with other families, so I was not in charge of the dates! It actually wasn't too bad. The cloudiness for 10 days was a bummer, though barely rained and was not too hot or humid. I used to go in May all the time and for some unknown reason, switched to October and stuck to it for several trips. I think it was the free dining that made me switch the initial year..really don't remember. But May has always been in my brain with perfect weather (80's, not humid) and being light out until 8 - 8:30 and the beautiful landscape/flowers of Spring makes the parks and resorts even that much more beautiful. I highly recommend May :)

It seems like forever since Ive been in May, though from what I remember, the weather was perfect :) I have never been during traditional summer months, but have been in September twice. The first time I melted in 2 seconds. Ridiculously humid and hot. I was really dreading last years September trip, but we went with other families, so I was not in charge of the dates! It actually wasn't too bad. The cloudiness for 10 days was a bummer, though barely rained and was not too hot or humid. I used to go in May all the time and for some unknown reason, switched to October and stuck to it for several trips. I think it was the free dining that made me switch the initial year..really don't remember. But May has always been in my brain with perfect weather (80's, not humid) and being light out until 8 - 8:30 and the beautiful landscape/flowers of Spring makes the parks and resorts even that much more beautiful. I highly recommend May :)
Thank you so much! We have always gone in the fall but with our work schedule , I think May will now be a better option.

Planning our 4th trip for May 6-16, 2017. We want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo) again. Our first son will be 8, and we will have a 10-11 month old depending on when he decides to arrive. I am due June 24 which is why we cannot go in May 2016.....WE LOVE MAY! :love:

Not a problem! I'm excited for you too :) If you have a chance, come back here after your trip and tell us about the weather and crowds :)

I went May 6-13, 2014 and May 3-10, 2015--both times the daytime temperatures were in the upper 80s/low 90s and in the low 70s at night. During that time I was sprinkled on one time in the early morning...not even enough to need a poncho....We didn't need a jacket either time we went either. The crowds were much more pleasant during the early morning....by lunch time everything was crowded...having the hopper was nice because we could usually find one park that wasn't as crowded as the others :) We love May. We keep dabbling with going other times of the year, but we always come back to the beginning of May!

May 6-13th POR room only booked (may be over anxious):confused3 It will be myself and DD first official vacation together (my mother is usually tagging along) it will also be DD first trip which is even more exciting :yay:

Going on a Disney Cruise on the Dream and then doing a few park days next May, we'll get there the 4th spend the night then the cruise is 5th through the morning of the 8th. So our park days are May 8-11! The first night were staying at AoA then once we're off the cruise PORS in the Royal Rooms.

We haven't picked our dates yet but we love to go in May! We have been 6 times and and 5/6 were May trips. Great weather, crowds and we love being there on Cinco de Mayo! We like to go to Disney Springs and they always have great music and dancing!I have two boys (2.5 and 2 months) and my big boys first trip was last May. I am having a hard time picking dates though, I know the Dance Summit is going on the first two weekends. Does anyone know what kind of impact that has on crowd levels? Are there any other events/conferences/big groups going on ? From what I have heard it impacts the resorts more than the parks. I have never planned this early I am just too excited! :jumping1:

DH's family and I just settled on our first big family trip to WDW in May 2017!!!
This will be my 3rd time ever going.
I'm so excited I can barely stand it!!!

Only snag is DH and I are waiting to adopt so we may have a newborn or might get a match while we are there or right b4. I've only ever gone with just DH. My MIL offered to watch baby while we are at the parks if needed, but that's no fun for her.

We plan to stay onsite of course.

Has anyone here gone with a newborn?

Also, for all of you who have been here in May before, what kind of specials do they usually have? Our dream resort would be the Contemporary but I don't know if that is feasible. I'm hoping for a room only discount!

Last edited:
We are going in May 2017 it will be our first trip as a family as we just finalized the adoption of our son. We are going to be celebrating the one year anniversary of his adoption! So much has changed since we were last there 4 years ago that I feel like I'm starting over lol

May 4-12th. Staying at Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo house studio. We will be bringing a kid for the first time! She will be 2.5 years old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!