May 2017 Discount Watch

I have always been 100% against booking online (don't ask why LOL) but today I woke up at 4:30am ish thinking, hmmmm wonder if discounts actual came out. We booked online: the Poly, standard room at 20% discount. Mose deluxe seem to be 20% discounted, a couple are 25%.

May I recommend while you are stillllll waiting on hold, look things up on your device of choice and see if you can get it done by yourself???
I'm going to attempt. Thank you

I have always been 100% against booking online (don't ask why LOL) but today I woke up at 4:30am ish thinking, hmmmm wonder if discounts actual came out.

I was up at 5:30 after a restless night and thought the same! Might as well look if I'm up, anyway. I booked YC through an agency offering a bit more of a discount (paid in full) and the other through Disney. I want SV at POR and only Pool and River were available. I'm hoping to cancel the WDW booking and go with the agency if the less expensive room types are offered.

I much prefer online, though. I can compare costs a bit more leisurely.

I wanted to add club level if it went down enough and now it's all booked up! And they transferred me to guest services and I ended up waiting 45 minutes only to realize I've been hung up on!! This is crazy!!! And I usually love Disney music but I have the worst headache right now. If I ever hear 'yo ho' again I might got into shock.
I already have CL booked. Just need the discount applied and they wouldn't do it. :( had to cancel it and get a standard room. This is bogus.

Availability is tight. Keep looking, though. They tend to release more options when they haven't reach their occupancy goals.

Fun and Sun discount has dates through to June 10th (RO discount). The discount page just shows it being available until April 8 but when you check further the additional dates show up. I just booked RO for Pop May 6-May 13. Not a huge saving but every little bit helps.
There was no room availability for our dates May 9-18 @ POP (standard room). I booked CBR (water view) with 20% discount as we were planning a split stay there anyways. It's a surprise for my wife that we'll be staying at CBR for our full trip. It cost me approximately $430 more, but as we have never stayed here before and it's our 25th anniversary, I thought it would make it more special

Last edited:

I already have CL booked. Just need the discount applied and they wouldn't do it. :( had to cancel it and get a standard room. This is bogus.

What do you mean by "they wouldn't do it"? Were there club level rooms available in the pool of discounted rooms? If not, they couldn't provide you with a discounted room. I find it hard to believe that you called and wanted to book an available discounted room and they refused. Also, I'm not sure why you "had to" cancel and book standard. You certainly could have kept the room at rack rate.

There was no room availability for our dates May 9-18 @ POP (standard room). I booked CBR (water view) with 20% discount as we were planning a split stay there anyways. It's a surprise for my wife that we'll be staying at CBR for our full trip. It cost me approximately $430 more, but as we have never stayed here before and it's our 25th anniversary, I thought it would make it more special

Happy 25th!!!! It'll be our 30th!!!! :)

I called and upgraded my rooms for same/same cost. I upgraded a standard view at PORS to a pool view. May 6-11. Had to pay an extra $17. Then I upgraded my Contemporary for May 11-13 from Garden View to Garden View deluxe. Got that room for $25 cheaper. So upgraded in rooms and a total savings of $8.

We made it Sadly no club level rooms available at boardwalk may 2-9 less than 13,000.00. Love Disney. But not that's much LOL. Will keep watching for club level though.

We made it Sadly no club level rooms available at boardwalk may 2-9 less than 13,000.00. Love Disney. But not that's much LOL. Will keep watching for club level though.
I'm going to keep watching too. I guess on the bright side, that's extra money I can use on the trip or apply to the next vacation.

I called and upgraded my rooms for same/same cost. I upgraded a standard view at PORS to a pool view. May 6-11. Had to pay an extra $17. Then I upgraded my Contemporary for May 11-13 from Garden View to Garden View deluxe. Got that room for $25 cheaper. So upgraded in rooms and a total savings of $8.

That's always exciting! Enjoy!

I'm going to keep watching too. I guess on the bright side, that's extra money I can use on the trip or apply to the next vacation.
Exactly!! Really we only wanted club for a cast memebee there named Lorenzo. He's become like family lol. But with the extra cash we might do something special or just have extra shopping money!!

Booked YC 5/20-5/27. First real WDW booking in nearly 6 years. These little discounts are all cute & nice but I sure do miss the 40% off deluxe days. LOL! Eh, the "kids" are getting older now (21 & 19). They want the nostalgia. I would've paid rack. The 20% is all lagniappe.

Well, I had to do a split stay. I had booked a bounceback at Pop Century (that was all that was available) for May 10-13. Then when I tried to add a day, there was nothing available. On line I was able to get All Star Music for the first night with a discount, but I could not book all 3 nights at any All Stars. Does anyone know why the All Stars are so busy? This was the same result back in November - nothing for All Stars for May 11 or 12th.

Well, I had to do a split stay. I had booked a bounceback at Pop Century (that was all that was available) for May 10-13. Then when I tried to add a day, there was nothing available. On line I was able to get All Star Music for the first night with a discount, but I could not book all 3 nights at any All Stars. Does anyone know why the All Stars are so busy? This was the same result back in November - nothing for All Stars for May 11 or 12th.

I believe it's Star Wars Weekend

I was able to book Pop standard for April 30-May 6. I was really hoping for a decent
price on a moderate, but just couldn't book --disappointed in the availability & discount.
Oh, well....more $ for dining out, I guess.

I just spoke with a CM in hopes of getting an 11th day for my ticket since they said I get a "free" ticket. But, they said that they sell only up to 10 days of tickets. So, I'm getting my 10th day for "free". :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter