May 2016 at Saratoga Springs

meredetrois2

Doesn't like eating around a bone
This was the first time we stayed at Saratoga. We are DVC members and previously at Kidani Village. The accommodations were great, the bus schedule was not! We requested a room close to a bus stop, which was perfect. But I have never had to wait on a bus for almost 30 min before. The schedule got better as the week went on, fortunately. But I think we will be staying closer to the parks on any future trips.

I wasn't prepared for the overall rudeness that we encountered on this trip, from other guests and CMs. It started on the first day, a group of young patents pitched a fit at the bus stop because a disabled lady's family got to board the bus before they did. They griped all the way to MK. We found the CMs in the parks to be less accommodating than usual and this was a big surprise. Crowds were bigger than we thought they would be, especially at MK.

Our grown children and son-in-law loved the new Star Wars themed areas of Hollywood Studios and we spent a lot of time in that park. We really enjoyed the live action events and they are very excited about Star Wars land.

Forgot to add: we had lunch at BoG on Monday and it was great! Loved the dishes we had and the desserts were good.

Tip: if you have very young children, wait until they are around four or five. We saw so many babies and toddlers who were overwhelmed and upset very early in the day. If you do take your young child, plan for down times.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter