May 2014 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

Ok, so unfortunately, we just can't work the BOG res I got yesterday into our schedule :( It's 9/25 at 6:00pm for 4. I will be cancelling and am happy to coordinate with anyone who'd like it. PM me

Back to stalking the dining system for a Sept 24th res for me!!

Right there with everyone trying to get a BOG ressie! After all these success stories I hope I get lucky too! DBF and I have been calling and checking online everyday, multiple times a day trying to get something for our dates (9/13-9/21)! One of us is bound to get something...I hope!

Ok, so unfortunately, we just can't work the BOG res I got yesterday into our schedule :( It's 9/25 at 6:00pm for 4. I will be cancelling and am happy to coordinate with anyone who'd like it. PM me

Back to stalking the dining system for a Sept 24th res for me!!

Just FYI, my ADR has been taken. Happy hunting!! :badpc:

AARRGGHH!!!

I just had a BOG for 6:30 on 9/1 and was trying to add guests and the stupid, awful, piece of garbage Disney calls a website crashed and I lost the ressie. Yes, I'm having a tantrum over a dining reservation but GRRRRR!!! It's bad enough Disney cancelled the reservation we already had because they didn't have all their ducks in a row and gave people reservations on 9/6 then pulled them all. Now their stupid website crashes on me when I have another one in the works.

Stinkerbell's Mommy said:
AARRGGHH!!!

I just had a BOG for 6:30 on 9/1 and was trying to add guests and the stupid, awful, piece of garbage Disney calls a website crashed and I lost the ressie. Yes, I'm having a tantrum over a dining reservation but GRRRRR!!! It's bad enough Disney cancelled the reservation we already had because they didn't have all their ducks in a row and gave people reservations on 9/6 then pulled them all. Now their stupid website crashes on me when I have another one in the works.

The same thing happened to me last week! Had been looking multiple times a day every day for 2 months. Finally found a perfect time on the day we wanted and as I was booking it, it logged me out. I haven't seen another spot open since!!! I'd rather just not have seen it at all then get my hopes up! It's a bummer but I am remembering that I loved WDW without BOG and I still will... Just frustrating in the Disney planning scheme of things!

Originally, our trip was for 9/14-9/24. However, since we are unable to go to the beach this month like we normally do due to DH's work schedule changing, we decided to do a combo beach/Disney trip in September.

Now, since we'll be in Disney from 9/18-9/24 (instead of 9/14 -9/24), I had to cancel some of our existing ADRs.

I LOVED our ADR schedule, so canceling was painful for me! :sad1:

Anyway, I just cancelled the following ADRs:

9/14 - 'Ohana, 6:30 pm - So, so painful!!
9/15 - CRT, 5:30 pm - No!!!!
9/16 - Garden Grill, 5:35 pm
9/17 - Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Lunch Package, 12:00 pm
9/18 - Crystal Palace, 11:30 am
9/19 - Yak & Yeti, 4:45 pm
9/23 - Grand Floridian Café, 8:00 am

All of these were for a party of 5.

I was able to reschedule Crystal Palace & Garden Grill, but we won't be able to fit CRT into our new schedule. (As an aside, this will be the first time in 5 trips, we won't be eating at CRT... :sad:) I'm trying very hard to get an 'Ohana ADR for sometime during our trip, but, so far, nothing! :sad: We decided not to try to fit Fantasmic into our new schedule, & I'm hoping to get 'Ohana for the end of our AK day instead of Yak & Yeti - or, maybe, Tusker House for lunch.

I may be canceling our Chef Mickey's breakfast on 9/21 at 9:30 am, but still haven't decided yet.

Anyway...

There's now an available CRT dinner (5:30 on 9/15) & 'Ohana dinner (6:30 on 9/14)!

I tried for your Ohana but was too late. Thanks for posting though!!

We just cancelled our September trip and are now going in Dec. I have a LOT of reservations I am cancelling tonight ( including BOG reservation for 10, Ohana, CRT 8 am slot, et). PM me if you want to coordinate!

Whoops! forgot the dates;)

BOG Tues Sept 24 4 30 ( MNSSHP night) for 10
Ohana Sept 25 for 10 at 5 15
CRT is on another account, but I will be cancelling Sept 20 8 05am for 10

hi everyone!

BOG and Ohana are gone- so sorry! I still have not cancelled CRT on Sept 20, and won't be until tomorrow.

I am going to punch my computer and moreso...the Disney site!! I FINALLY got BOG for the date I needed...it asked me to log in (why as I am always logged in) and then BOOM...server down!

Now I am able to get back in and the spot is gone!!!

Maddening!!!

I am going to punch my computer and moreso...the Disney site!! I FINALLY got BOG for the date I needed...it asked me to log in (why as I am always logged in) and then BOOM...server down!

Now I am able to get back in and the spot is gone!!!

Maddening!!!

This exact issue happened to me last night.

From what i have experienced I have a theory on what is going on.

For any given reservation time, it will have a corresponding availability count.

So for a recently cancelled reservation, it will have a time and a count of 1 available. Alternatively for 180 days out it may have a time and say (for arguments sake) 15 available.

At any one time multiple people can see the the available time but not the available reservation count. So if 10 people click the time and go through the multiple steps to book the reservation, the first person done is successful while the rest of the users get the try again later or server busy messages. If there are more than one available then its just a race between users.

Disney does not seem to have a hold or time limit to process the rest of the transaction like say ticketmaster has. They also dont seem to have appropriate error handling or at least more descriptive messages for when users get shut out. I am sure people would rather see, "Reservation is no longer available" instead of what it says now.

I think the key to making the reservations online is to know all the steps and not get hung up on the adding guests and accepting the terms and conditions. It also helps to have your CC info stored on in the system and making sure you are logged in every time.

That is so frustrating. I wonder why it only seems to happen when people are making BOG reservations?!?

That is so frustrating. I wonder why it only seems to happen when people are making BOG reservations?!?

Well i can tell you I have had it happen on other Restaurants. I think its more visible with BOG because it is so popular right now.

I only seems to happen on early morning 180 days out reservations and on cancelled ones. Those are when everyone is fighting over availability.

I have not had any problems with the system when booking a less popular restaurant in the middle of the day.

It comes down to user traffic. I hate HATE HATE ticketmaster, but they sure have a good model on how to manage the traffic and distribution.

I think Disney needs to add an extra layer or two on their reservation system to get it right.

When everyone is searching for the elusive BOG are you putting in Dinner or a specific time. The reason I ask is that I always use the Dinner option, but when it returns the sorry 'bout your luck notice it says no availibility between 5pm-10pm, well don't they open for dinner at 4? What about that hour-should I be looking then also?

You would think that a company that can make magic like nobody's business could figure out an online system that works correctly :rolleyes2

I keep telling myself that it's ok if I don't get to eat dinner there-I can have lunch and still see the inside. But it's like a personal quest to get it now-darn my obsession :rotfl:

Best of luck to all in getting the ADR of your dreams pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter