Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

Hi Lisa, Not sure if you even remember me. I followed you years ago, then kind of left the Disboards. Anyway I came back on Sunday and your report was right on top. Had to join in.
Can't believe the kids are married. They grow up way to fast.
We can't do a trip till the mask are gone. I developed some breathing problems back in 2019 and can't keep mask on longer than an hour without problems. Boy am I missing out on the low crowds.
Hope you get on Splash. Can't wait to read the rest of your trip.

Our food was good but I will admit that we missed the fixin's bar! It was one of the best on property in our opinion.
Yes... that's one of our favorite quick service places in MK for the fixing bar. Was curious how things would be now with new protocols and if it's still a worthwhile stop (I'm sure it is, tho, since tex-me is one of our favorites).

I'm enjoying your trip report and look forward to reading the rest!

Hi Lisa, :wave: I'm so glad I found your trip report. It's been a while and I feel like I've read all of yours through the years. Congratulations on a new daughter-in-law.

I'm loving the low crowds and can't wait to hear all about it.

Hello Lisa!
Really enjoying your trip report! I know how frustrating it is when you get a new iPhone and haven’t figured out the camera settings. Pictures are great........... keep them coming!
:flower1:

I love the organization of the room. I’m the same way. I like to fully unpack. You’ve given me a great idea with the hanging organization shelf thing. I’m going to pick one up!

Sorry for my absence. We've had a lot going on.

John agreed to do a big cabinet job for my bosses. He only has Fridays and the weekend off so he and I have been working late in the evenings and on the weekends to get it done.

We had to make the difficult decision to put our almost 13 year old dog, Oddball, to sleep. Man, was that tough! We had him from six weeks old, our kids grew up with him and he was John's constant companion.

Throw in the fact that I now work for not one, not two but three attorneys and I've just not had time to update.

I'll do replies later so that I can move on to the next update.

We can fly! We can fly! We can FLY! We flew!

We followed the cavalcade and made our way towards Fantasyland. Once we passed Columbia Harbor House and walked down the walkway a bit, we noticed that the line to Peter Pan's Flight began right there on our right. Again, due to social distancing, the line appeared to be much longer than it actually was. Well, the line was long but not because of the number of guests in line. It was more about the physical distancing markers.

As would be the case many times during our trip and because of the lack of Fastpasses, we saw things in the queue that we hadn't seen before or had bypassed. In this case, we had seen some of the interactive queue but not all of it. Or if we had, then we had forgotten about some of it.

IMG_7382.JPEG

IMG_7383.JPEG

IMG_7385.JPEG

IMG_7387.JPEG

When we got to this point in the line, we stopped. Most guests stayed on the markers. Some did not. I know that it was hard for a group of four to stand on the marker but they could have at least tried. They would be talking and not paying attention to the markers. There were other folks who would sit on the floor or touch a lot of the displays. Now I'm not saying that I haven't seen this before. As a matter of fact, I've seen it a multitude of times. However, during the pandemic, you'd think that they would have been more aware that you shouldn't be touching a lot of stuff. But, hey, whatever people. You wanna get a ton of germs on your butt and hands, more power to ya. I'll keep my hands to myself and antibacteria myself up.

Because the queue wound around and into other rooms, you sometimes couldn't see where the next six foot marker was. Like in the picture below. You could see that the guests in front of us had gone around the corner and saw someone else in front of them. I likened it to when you are in the grocery store and you turn the corner and bam, there's another shopper in your path.

IMG_7389.JPEG
The first picture that I posted was taken at 12:11 and the next was taken at 12:28 so we were in the inner queue for 17 minutes. We were probably in the outdoor queue for about that long too. Once we boarded our pirate ship, we were flying!
IMG_7390.JPEG

Again, I wasn't sure how to operate my new camera's phone so the pictures taken inside are crappy.
IMG_7394.JPEG

IMG_7398.JPEG

Up Next: This sucker is the size of my head!

:hug: I'm so sorry about your dog. I lost one of my dogs suddenly two Mondays ago (3/15) and it's been a struggle.
It sounds like you've been really busy as well.

Glad to see an update! Sounds like a good day in the MK. I wasn't sure I'd like the new castle paint job but I have to say I liked it. It really stands out without being too crazy. We were in WDW earlier this month. I wondered how much money Disney had to spend on those Please Wait Here markers and how long it took to put them all down - wow. Anxious to read about the rest of your day!

Sorry about Oddball.
Peter Pan always has a soft spot for me.
As for FP. I have only been once with the new set up and we didn't like it. I think it took some of the magic away. I know everyone is so rushed now a days they forget to take time in the small things.

I have read several of your other trip reports and really enjoyed them. Can't wait to see what the rest of your vacation adventures!

I'm so sorry about your beloved fur-baby, Oddball. :sad1:

I am very much enjoying your trip report. We as a family just visited WDW for the first time in November, and I've been jonesin' for Disney! ("Our" park is still closed for anyone who doesn't live in Cali. Have our time share booked for September, though - fingers crossed!!)🤞

First time poster here! We were there around the same time as you so I am LOVING your pictures (who knows, I may be in the background of one!?) and I have enjoyed your report.

So sorry to hear about your sweet dog. Pets are family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter