Mas/B-day trip Dec 10-13, 2004

hoosll

DIS Veteran
Just a short message to summarize our trip last weekend -

1. Cold, cold cold. Be aware that when the wind is out of the north it can be cold. When combined with already below normal temps, we were freezing and unable to stay out to see the Illuminations

2. Crowded - Yes, the weekends were crowded. Try to avoid weekends as many Floridians are there as well as out-of-towners. That said, we never realy saw stand-by times to exceed 25 minutes. All parks seemed equally crowded.

3. Expectations - I always start with high expectations and then I get a period of doubt that it will be as special as I remember - then the actual experience is wonderful. Candlelight processional and Osborne lights are must-attend events.

4. Decorations - Beautiful as always at all the parks and resorts.

5. Merchandise - More variation that 2003 between stores - it is clear that many things have sold out (sizes, etc.) at this time of year. But I still had a hard time finding anything I wanted at a price I was willing to pay.

6. Wilderness Lodge - Room 1018, king room with shower only, wood's view of the otter pond - quiet, close to snack bar and boat dock, we loved it.

7. Zero-population growth - Big families are "in" - I was amazed at the families with 3 and 4 kids. Lots of twins, adopted and multi-racial.

8. Many south americans including a group from Brazil. Cheerleaders and Pop Warner football.

9. Food - We had many excellent meals and tried a couple of places new to us --- Cape May Character breakfast (yum, bread pudding), Concourse Steakhouse breakfast. Dinners at Rose & Crown, Yachtsman, Ft Wilderness - all very good. Had a drink at the Tune In lounge at MGM, very crowded but great atmosphere.

10. Conclusions - We had a great time and the length of stay was just right for our annual visit THIS time. I wish my birthday had been mid-week to avoid weekend crowd but hey there are future birthdays.

Xmas is a very special time at the World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter