Marriott Time Shares - Please help decide

penguin29

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between Sabal Palms, Harbour Lake and Grande Vista. Kids will be 5 and 8 for the trip and water features are important. We ruled out Cypress already simply because there are no water slides. Distance to Disney is important, but not the most important, and we do want to choose a resort with the newly renovated rooms (not sure which those would be or this knocks out any of the options automatically). A decent restaurant would be a huge plus, but also not a necessity. So, in order of importance, our criteria is:

1. Renovated Room (we are getting a two bedroom)
2. Water Slides appropriate for children ages 5 and a cautious 8, ha
3. Closeness to Disney Parks

Since the Palms use the World Center resort, I looked at that Pool, and there are water slides, but they look like they are 100 feet high!?!?!? Are they? They appear to be geared towards older children, are there any water slides for medium kids? There seems to be only the little kids splash pad and the huge water slides, but I am only able to look at photos, so that info might not be accurate.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I would lean towards the palms if you want closer to the parks and the Orlando world center does have a variety of slides. Sabal palms is nearest to the world center and the rooms have seen a refurb in past couple of years.
Harbour lake and grande vista are right by sea world and each other. Harbour lake just finished a fantastic refurb so the rooms look great! There are great pools there, including a pirate ship, but not sure if that'll entertain your 8 year old as well as world center might. Grande vista is constantly undergoing refurbs for various buildings so getting a new unit is a bit of luck of the draw.

Sabal Palms
There are actually three Marriott Palms timeshares: Sable Palms (2br's), Royal Palms (2br's) & Imperial Palms (3br's). Of the Marriott timeshares these are the closest to Disney and as you noted the Marriott World Center is a great facility. The timeshares have their own pools but the best pools and slides are at the hotel. The slides are actually 200-feet & 90-feet long (the later has a 48" minimum height requirement) may be a bit much, but there are lot of other things in the pool areas. The rooms were renovated in 2010 (Sable), 2007 (Royal) and 2011 (Imperial).

Harbour Lake
This resort used to be Marriott Horizon, which was their more budget conscious timeshare line. The pools are great and has a water slide but the studio room is very small. The rooms were renovated in 2011.

Grande Vista
This is the second newest (After Marriott Lakeshare Reserve) and the largest Marriott timeshare in the area. Many love it due to being newer and having many amenities (due to its size) while some find it simply too big. The rooms were renovated in 2009.

Dining wise, Grande Vista has "The Grill" onsite and for the Palms you'd have to go to the World Center Hotel. As these are timeshares with full kitchens many people cook withing the villa or outside at the grills.

If you are going to Disney most days I would recommend the Palms first as (1) it's closest to Disney, (2) the World Center runs a shuttle to/from Disney and (3) the amenities at the World Center.

If you plan on spending some time at Sea World and or want on-site water slides then you may prefer Grande Vista.

Last edited:
We have stayed at Palms and Grand Vista, we prefer Palms. Close to Disney, better pools.
The pool at world center has 2 slides, they aren't that big. Nice water playground for the little ones. They also had fun kids activities at world center. They had Gator Land there when we were at pool, kids loved it.
Grand vista is so big if you get a room on the golf coarse you are very far away from pools and activities. The pools at Vista are nothing special.

Have you considered Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott's newest timeshare? We stayed there less than 2 years ago - I was very impressed! The property and the pool area are beautiful. They do have 2 water slides that my kids enjoyed (they were 8, 6, and 6 at the time) as well as a zero entry pool and a lazy river. Also, you may use the pools at the Ritz and the JW Marriott Grande Lakes (which are on the same campus/property)....the JW has an even more elaborate lazy river, which is really nice! It's about 20 minutes to Disney (it's right near Sea World).

Have you considered Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott's newest timeshare? We stayed there less than 2 years ago - I was very impressed! The property and the pool area are beautiful. They do have 2 water slides that my kids enjoyed (they were 8, 6, and 6 at the time) as well as a zero entry pool and a lazy river. Also, you may use the pools at the Ritz and the JW Marriott Grande Lakes (which are on the same campus/property)....the JW has an even more elaborate lazy river, which is really nice! It's about 20 minutes to Disney (it's right near Sea World).

Actually, the more research I have done, the more interested I am in Lakeshore reserve! My only concern is the distance to Disney, but 20 minutes doesn't sound too bad. Did you find it to be too far? In a way, I don't mind driving a little extra for a nice resort.

We have stayed at Harbor Lake and it was awesome. My kids loved the pool area. It was reall only about 10-15 min drive to the parks. Ol we would definitely stay there again.

Actually, the more research I have done, the more interested I am in Lakeshore reserve! My only concern is the distance to Disney, but 20 minutes doesn't sound too bad. Did you find it to be too far? In a way, I don't mind driving a little extra for a nice resort.

So sorry! Just saw your message now...I'm probably too late but, no, we didn't find it to be too far...and like you said, it was definitely worth a 20 minute drive. I would return there again in a heartbeat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter