Marriott Harbour Lake...anyone?

MESMommy83

Mouseketeer
Hey!!

Has anyone recently stayed at the Marriott Harbour Lake?? We will be staying in one of the Timeshares...does this make a difference as to what building we will be in ?? (this is kinda new to me...so I dont know..haha) .. any reviews/thoughts/opinions...I would love to hear...thanks!!!

Do a search on Horizons, the former name of the resort. You will find answers to your questions. We were ther in 2009 and I have a review posted here.

My favorite off site resort!! We stayed in January for a night before Disney and it was great!! We also stayed in May 2009 for 4 days and had a great time. If you have kids they will LOVE it! I posted a review with a boat load of pics last year if you search my name

We're booked there in December - so I'll post when we get home.

Got a "getaway" through Interval - came out to $45 a night for a two bedroom! My DH said go for it - he loves a bargain! We did a similar one over spring break at Grande Vista, and although I missed being inside WDW, having the two bedrooms was the best. We all got so much better sleep. Driving to the parks was a bit of a pain at times, and the cab rides twice were really expensive. We'll do both again.

It looks great for little kids; the mini golf looks like a fun activity. The big slide my kids will like.

We're booked there in December - so I'll post when we get home.

Got a "getaway" through Interval - came out to $45 a night for a two bedroom! My DH said go for it - he loves a bargain! We did a similar one over spring break at Grande Vista, and although I missed being inside WDW, having the two bedrooms was the best. We all got so much better sleep. Driving to the parks was a bit of a pain at times, and the cab rides twice were really expensive. We'll do both again.

It looks great for little kids; the mini golf looks like a fun activity. The big slide my kids will like.

WOW that is a GREAT rate!! What exactly is interval? We normally stay on reward points, but sometimes they have blackouts or no more rooms w/ points. My son is wanting to go to Harry Potter and I figure we can stay at Harbour Lakes

WOW that is a GREAT rate!! What exactly is interval? We normally stay on reward points, but sometimes they have blackouts or no more rooms w/ points. My son is wanting to go to Harry Potter and I figure we can stay at Harbour Lakes

Interval International is the timeshare trading company we belong to (we own at Marriott's Ko Olina on Oahu). They sometimes have "getaways" which are usually priced really low for a week - I guess it's a week that II has and wants to just get something for. We got Grande Vista last spring break for about $450 for the whole week (2 bedroom). This time I paid $317 plus tax for the week at Harbour Lake for a 2 bedroom.

When doing that, you are like on an owner week, so no maid service. But the plus is that we still get night credits for my husband's Marriott Rewards account. Plus, we'll cash in 135,000 points for the $1000 in Marriott cheques - and charge our Disney tickets to the room paying it off with the Marriott cheques. I think platinum members get the better rate for those, but I'm not sure.

If you have any friends that belong to Interval, they can check for the getaways for you. It costs extra (maybe $49 I think) to put the reservation in someone else's name. My husband loves that little bonus - makes him feel like we're getting more out of our timeshare (which we love).

They are prepaid, and you can't get a refund, but for so little it's worth it! I was originally booked at the Beach Club villas in a one bedroom (we'd need to bring an aerobed) for $411 plus tax per night.

Ohh that sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

That is awesome about the checks. I did that for our hershey park tickets back in June. I think last time I ordered them it was 20,000 points for a $100 check. I'll have to see what they are offering for platinum members. Didn't even think of doing it for Disney, or even Universal, great idea!

Sorry if this is off topic, but did you stay at a Marriott near Hershey? Maybe we'd do that sometime.

I think the $100 is about 20,000 points, but the $1000 is a better deal then. The cool thing is you still get night credits if you use them to pay for your room - I guess you earn points on the room as well?

Sorry if this is off topic, but did you stay at a Marriott near Hershey? Maybe we'd do that sometime.

I think the $100 is about 20,000 points, but the $1000 is a better deal then. The cool thing is you still get night credits if you use them to pay for your room - I guess you earn points on the room as well?

I just checked and for me it's $1000 for 125,000 points, that is a great deal though. I know if you stay on points you don't earn points, but that is good if you pay with GC's you earn points.

We stayed in Lancaster near Dutch Wonderland (awesome place for smaller kids) and just drove over to Hershey. There are several nice Marriotts near Hershey though!

FYI we went to Harry Potter last week, a MAJOR disappointment! Lines to even get into the gift shops.....

FYI we went to Harry Potter last week, a MAJOR disappointment! Lines to even get into the gift shops.....

Ugh, that stinks!! We will have to wait for the hype to die down before going because I can't stand crowds!

We loved our stay there 3 years ago. We exchanged our timeshare for a week there. We haven't been able to get back in since and really wish we could. Things were still under construction when we were there so I couldn't recommend a building. It is in a great location and was a quick and easy drive to the MK.

It is so small even the newest buildings not along the pools isn't a long walk. I normally stay in 30 or 31 since it is the newest. When I was there in Sept 28 and 29 were getting all new furniture and paint. Not sure if they were getting the flat screen TV's.

I didn't know 30 and 31 were getting any remodel yet, but did see 28 and 29 listed for one that should be complete. 28 and 29 look closer to the pools, and to what I think may be barbecue grills?

Has anyone ever grilled there? I guess they're gas grills. We may do that one night.

I didn't know 30 and 31 were getting any remodel yet, but did see 28 and 29 listed for one that should be complete. 28 and 29 look closer to the pools, and to what I think may be barbecue grills?

Has anyone ever grilled there? I guess they're gas grills. We may do that one night.

30 and 31 opened less than 2 years ago, I am sure there is no plans for a remodel for those.

While we have never stayed at that particular Marriott (have stayed at Cypress Harbour) - one thing is that most Marriott's are well run and typically better than most other timeshare groups.

You will love it! We stayed a week last summer and are going again in May. The rooms were spotless and beautiful. It is sort drive to all the parks. The pools and put put are a great bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter