• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Grande Vista

Teacher03

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a recent review of this resort? I am now booked at CSR onsite, but someone donated a week at this resort (2 bedroom )for our school auction. I am thinking about bidding on it if the price is right. It looks beautiful, but I would like to hear from someone who has recently been there. How far is it, what the pool is like, etc. The search did not have any recent reviews. Thank you in advance for your help. Oh, another question, what would a good price be for this?

Well, I'm sheepish to admit that we will be attending a Marriott time share presentation!! We were notified a few months ago that we could stay 4 nights for $199. I think that's for a 1 bedroom. But, we of course have to go to a 90 minute presentation. I'm sure a 2 bedroom is worth at least a few hundred each night. I've read some on-line reviews that sound great, but there are always one or two reviewers that hate any place.
My family and I prefer the conveniene of staying on site, but we are doing 4 nights at the Grande Vista and 4 on property. This deal has allwoed us to extend our Disney trip oy 2 or 3 days! :thumbsup2
I would say that if the price is right, bid on it! It might end up being a good deal for you, and a great donation to a worthy cause.
(But if it's a dump, we'll both be sorry! :sad2: )

Well, I'm sheepish to admit that we will be attending a Marriott time share presentation!! We were notified a few months ago that we could stay 4 nights for $199. I think that's for a 1 bedroom. But, we of course have to go to a 90 minute presentation. I'm sure a 2 bedroom is worth at least a few hundred each night. I've read some on-line reviews that sound great, but there are always one or two reviewers that hate any place.
My family and I prefer the conveniene of staying on site, but we are doing 4 nights at the Grande Vista and 4 on property. This deal has allwoed us to extend our Disney trip oy 2 or 3 days! :thumbsup2
I would say that if the price is right, bid on it! It might end up being a good deal for you, and a great donation to a worthy cause.

Sounds like a great deal! I would attend a presentation for that price. I really don't think it is a dump, at least I hope not! I teach at a private school and the family that donated the trip is fairly wealthy and travel quite a bit. She told me that it is a very nice resort, and I know she has high standards. I love staying on site, but my hubby said he might go,and that would be five adults. We really can't afford two hotel rooms, so this would be perfect. The auction is Thursday night, I will let you know how it turns out. What week in June are you going?

I go there every year and will be there again in November. It is beautiful, everything about it. The rooms are very nice, regular villas with all the amenities. There are two pool areas and both are very nice also. The one near the lobby has a tropical feel to it with a beautiful sort of lagoon type pool, a lap pool, and two if not three hot tubs. The pool further towards the back of the resort is another very large pool that is great for kids, a couple of canon type things with water shooting out. There are a few hot tubs there also, as well as a bar and a small snack bar. There is a regular golf course onsite as well as a restaurant. I know I have looked it up in the past and found some nice pictures of the place online. I think I just did a search and went from there.

You will be very happy staying there and it is maybe 15-20 minutes to the parks.

The one bedroom villa has one bathroom and the two bedroom has two bathrooms. We always stay in a three bedroom which is actually the two bedroom with access to a studio which gives us three bathrooms, a kitchen and a kitchenette and two screened in patios.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you, that is just what I am looking for. We are only going to Disney, so I am glad to hear that it is not a far drive. Now I really hope I get it! I'll keep you posted!

We'll be there June 18-22. I'm a teacher too. (Hence the June travel dates and the need for a bargain!)
Then, we are hoping to rent points for a DVC property for 4 days. We've never done this, and I'm kind of nervous.

Does anyone know when the renovations will be finished? The reviews I read mentioned dampness and dated decor in the rooms that had not been updated. The pictures I've seen look amazing!

We'll be there June 18-22. I'm a teacher too. (Hence the June travel dates and the need for a bargain!)
Then, we are hoping to rent points for a DVC property for 4 days. We've never done this, and I'm kind of nervous.

Does anyone know when the renovations will be finished? The reviews I read mentioned dampness and dated decor in the rooms that had not been updated. The pictures I've seen look amazing!

Honestly, go by the pictures, some of the rooms are just older than others but they are still very nice. Do not worry. Actually the "older" rooms are a bit bigger than the newer ones. As far as finishing renovations, I have no idea on that. But once you get there if you have any problems at all call the front desk, they have been great in the past.
Or you can put a request in for a villa further back from the front lobby, they are the newer models.
You really cannot go wrong, it is very nice. :thumbsup2

Honestly, go by the pictures, some of the rooms are just older than others but they are still very nice. Do not worry. Actually the "older" rooms are a bit bigger than the newer ones. As far as finishing renovations, I have no idea on that. But once you get there if you have any problems at all call the front desk, they have been great in the past.
Or you can put a request in for a villa further back from the front lobby, they are the newer models.
You really cannot go wrong, it is very nice. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to our trip. I may request a villa further back from the front lobby, as you suggested.

My parents own at the grand vista, they love it!! I live down here in orlando now, so it's very easy and cost-effective so they can come down and visit alot. (which, i'm sure, is just AWFUL for them to have to come to Florida so often). They only thing *some* Disney people tend to not like is the fact that it's not on top of the parks. It's about 5 minutes (maybe not even) to Aquatica and Seaworld, 15-20 to the Disney parks, depending on which way you go. And the 2-bedroom villas are just GORGEOUS!! I could seriously live in one of those for the rest of my life with 4 other people and be happy. We love the full kitchen, dining room, and living area as well as having 2 bedrooms and bathrooms. Two thumbs up!!

We'll be there in 2 weeks! I have not been there before; we are using Marriott points (DH) We will be in a villa-3 bedrooms and 3 baths-1720 sq. feet. I'll try and post when we get back!

We'll be there in 2 weeks! I have not been there before; we are using Marriott points (DH) We will be in a villa-3 bedrooms and 3 baths-1720 sq. feet. I'll try and post when we get back!

We always stay in the 3 bedroom, I have a description of it in my post above. You are going to love it, it really is beautiful.
Have fun, I still have 6 weeks til I will be back there.

We stayed there in 02'. It's the most adult themed TS we've stayed at down there. But don't let that stop you from bring kids there, we had a 2, 9, & 11 year olds with us on that trip, they liked it. They like Horizons more, but still liked MGV. If you golf, you'll really like MGV.

Does anyone have a recent review of this resort? I am now booked at CSR onsite, but someone donated a week at this resort (2 bedroom )for our school auction. I am thinking about bidding on it if the price is right. It looks beautiful, but I would like to hear from someone who has recently been there. How far is it, what the pool is like, etc. The search did not have any recent reviews. Thank you in advance for your help. Oh, another question, what would a good price be for this?

teacher03 - Did your school auction take place yet? Did you bid on the week at Grande Vista? Just wondering if you got it. :scratchin

teacher03 - Did your school auction take place yet? Did you bid on the week at Grande Vista? Just wondering if you got it. :scratchin

I actually didn't bid on it-my hubby and son has decided to go after I started talking about it so we needed a three bedroom. But it went for a great price, so I could almost kick myself. $600 for seven nights! Everything at our auction usually goes extremely high, but not this year. I guess it is just another sign of the economy.

I actually didn't bid on it-my hubby and son has decided to go after I started talking about it so we needed a three bedroom. But it went for a great price, so I could almost kick myself. $600 for seven nights! Everything at our auction usually goes extremely high, but not this year. I guess it is just another sign of the economy.

I do a lot of volunteer work for the March of Dimes. We just hosted a silent auction and wine tasting, and we found the same thing - bids and attendance were lower than usual. We still raised some money, but less than the past 2 years.
I actually won a bid item that is 1 night and 4 passes to an indoor water park! We're hoping to go over winter break.

Have fun at WDW!

We did the presentation and had the same deal. The resort was great. We are DVC members and always stay in 2 bedroom units. The units were the same as the DVC ones however, you lose the magic of staying onsite. The presentation was not pushy or aggressive. The sales women did an awesome job and too be honest, I may have bought if I didn't own DVC.

I believe we also got a $100.00 Disney gift card when we checked in.

I do not think you will regret staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter