• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriott Grande Vista

Connears said:
We (DH and I)stayed here 6/21-6/25/06 while attending a conference at Orange County Convention Center. We were solicited to tour timeshare with rate of $199 for 4 nights(we upgraded to 1 bedroom villa for $149 more total). Let's start by saying we have been DVCmembers since 1994 at OKW and HHI since 2002 with many stays under our belts(also at BWV and BCV). We thought it was a good opportunity to try the offer out for the conference as we didn't want to waste DVC points for the conference. We have APs and went to parks after conference with DS(15).

POSITIVES:
Very convenient location on I-drive very near conference made for easy drive. Villa was very nice with full kitchen master bath with jacuzzi, washer/dryer screened in porch. That is really all the positives I can give.

NEGATIVES:
We checked-in and when we opened the door to our villa, it was totally uninhabitable! Ceiling in bathroom had caved in onto floor and shower,kitechen and bedrooms were dirty. I wouldn't have minded if there had been a housekeeping error, but this room should NOT have even been in the inventory. When we called the desk she forwarded me to the room assigner and she gave me a new villa, but I was told I could wait upto an hour for new keys and assist with luggage unless we wanted to go back to get the keys ourselves(which we did). The buildings are numbered differently from the rooms and it is very confusing(We were in building 98 but our room was 8207). They building all have outdoor hallways and only one elevator. Some building have luggage carts and others do not(our first did, but not the final one). So DH had to lug everything to 2nd floor. New villa was fine.

We asked to be directed to where we could rent dvds and 3 different people sent us to 3 different places!

Everyday there were huge garbage and linen carts in the parking areas which was really unattractive.

Addendum:
Other positives included $100 disney dollars for doing timeshare tour. Very low pressure tour which we of course did not buy. We also we given $50 resort dollars after we spoke to manager about check-in fiasco(which was not the reason we spoke to her, but we did accept it).
Connears

Sounds like you guys had a very similar experience to ours. We checked in on 10/09 and checked out on 10/13.

When we checked in, our first room had a terrible mildew odor...we thought it would go away, but it didnt...so we changed rooms. No apology...no can I help you move your luggage from one side of the resort to another...nothing.

Our next villa was nice, but our mini fridge was dead, and when we opened it, it nearly made the entire family vomit....It was brutal.

They did come and change it the next day...still no apologies.

The rest of the week was uneventful...very comfortable bed, nice views. We did hear the neighboring villa...and I'm sure they could hear our kids too.

The Sales pitch was 90 minutes exactly....but we started a 1/2 hour late because of cont. breakfast and pleasantries. No pressure...no hassle.

The program sounded ok...but seems that you're nickel and dimed to death after you've purchased your timeshare.

Lots of activities and things to do for the kids....most of our time was spent at Disney though...so we didnt experience much other than sleep at this place.

we stayed here in august this year and it was great. we had prev stayed in villas in orlando so this was our first time in a hotel/apartment. we were not dissappointed.

I have upcoming reservations through Interval International and this will be my forth stay in the last three years. I love Grande Vista. Location is one of the best for offsite properties, staff is friendly, pools are nothing short of amazing and the rooms are of standard Marriott fair. Im not sure how I could beat it for the $199 exchange fee....

I am really feeling good about our upcoming trip to Orlando and stay at the MGV. My mother and step father have donated their timeshare to me, her favorite son and only child, :cool1: :cool1: to use with my family of 4. We will be staying for 7 nights and 8 days, did I mention how lucky I am to have the greatest mother in the world, in a 3 bedroom unit. We will be staying there during the first full week of Feb. The reason for this post, besides the fact I want everyone to know how great my mother is, is to find out what to expect in a Feb. trip. Even though we expect to spend most of our time in the various resorts, there will be a day or two we will want to hang out at the MGV.

Will we be able to enjoy the pools in Feb.? Hottubs???

Do they allow fishing in that great big lake? If so, do they rent gear?

What kind of kids activities do they offer? My kids are 8 and 5.

Do they have a driving range that I can take a 5 and 8 year old too without feeling like we are intruding on the adults? My kids are well behaved but my daughter may giggle a little if her brother duck hooks one.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am really feeling good about our upcoming trip to Orlando and stay at the MGV. My mother and step father have donated their timeshare to me, her favorite son and only child, :cool1: :cool1: to use with my family of 4. We will be staying for 7 nights and 8 days, did I mention how lucky I am to have the greatest mother in the world, in a 3 bedroom unit. We will be staying there during the first full week of Feb. The reason for this post, besides the fact I want everyone to know how great my mother is, is to find out what to expect in a Feb. trip. Even though we expect to spend most of our time in the various resorts, there will be a day or two we will want to hang out at the MGV.

Will we be able to enjoy the pools in Feb.? Hottubs???

Do they allow fishing in that great big lake? If so, do they rent gear?

What kind of kids activities do they offer? My kids are 8 and 5.

Do they have a driving range that I can take a 5 and 8 year old too without feeling like we are intruding on the adults? My kids are well behaved but my daughter may giggle a little if her brother duck hooks one.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Wow... welcome to the DIS and HIGH FIVE to your awesome Mom!!

I can only answer ONE of your questions and that's about the hot tubs. February should be warm enough to enjoy them so yes. My son is a teenager so I can't tell you what the kids did. Give them a call and I'm sure they can give you all the info you need.

Enjoy yourself and again...:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter