Marathon Weekend 2016

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
I know super early but for the first time since 2007 I am not signing up for marathon weekend 2015. However, I have set my sights on Dopey for 2016. It will be a month before I turn 50 so I think the timing is perfect!

Anyone other then me planning that far ahead?

Kim

Let's see, January 8 I plan on running my third Disney 10k and on the 9th the half..... possibly Goofy 11 on the 10th.

I know super early but for the first time since 2007 I am not signing up for marathon weekend 2015. However, I have set my sights on Dopey for 2016. It will be a month before I turn 50 so I think the timing is perfect!

Anyone other then me planning that far ahead?

Kim

I am not too far off from you! I did sign up for the half in 2015...this past January I did the Dopey and the year before that the Goofy...and the year prior the half.
I signed up for the half because I was thinking I really did not want to go thru the ritualistic training that I did for the Goofy and Dopey. A lot of time was spent on training and getting ready...during a busy time of year. I thought to myself...I don't want to do that this year. I have a feeling tho...I will be sorry...and that when January comes I will be wishing I was doing the Goofy at least...(which part of me is sorry I didn't sign up for the Goofy)
I was then thinking of the following year...2016....I , as you will be turning 50...in fact my birthday is January 9th so it always falls on or around marathon weekend. During that weekend I am almost very certain I will back doing the Dopey or at least the Goofy...
So you are not alone in thinking that. For me...I will probably appreciate my own efforts of training and miss it this year...training for the Dopey/Goofy...

I am planning for 2016. I ran the marathon in 2013 and after it my husband placed a no Disney for three years on my family which included the races. So for three years I have non Disney vacations and races. 2016 my ban is up and I am hoping to do Dopey. Even though I have no Disney races planned I have enjoyed reading last years runners thoughts on training and running dopey. Looking forward to doing the same this year.

Kristan

Looking at '16 also! Definitely for the Marathon possibly for Goofy? That's a decision I have to make when registration comes around next year. But I've been eying trying out Goofy for a while. But not sure if I will try it in '16 or '17 for the Donald anniversary medal.

When I look at a thread that talks about the year 2016...I think...Wow that is so far off from now.
But time flies.

When I was on these boards in 2012 we were talking about the weekend of 2013 and there were people on the board talking about the year 2014...They would post how they would miss out on 2013 marathon weekend but would be there in 2014...and I thought...Wow that is so far off from now. I don' t know what happened since then because now both of those moments have passed.

So planning ahead...esp when it comes to Disney is good.

As for the Goofy...if you want to do it then go for it.

For 2015 I will run the 5K, 10K and 1/2 marathon. If all goes well then I have my goal set to do the Dopey in 2016.

For 2015 I will run the 5K, 10K and 1/2 marathon. If all goes well then I have my goal set to do the Dopey in 2016.

That is actually what I wanted to do for 2015....what you are doing....but at 6pm on sign up day the only one of those races still available (and almost sold out) was the half.
However my guess for me is that in 2016 I will be back to the Dopey...

Lesson learned....sign up for the races the moment registration opens.

Sorry all didn't get any alerts that I had responses.

I am totally bummed about not doing marathon weekend 2015 but just can't swing the January holidays next year.

It is along way off but for me who is almost totally a walker, I will have the time to build my base, lose some weight and be able to run/walk Dopey 2016.

I am doing C25K right now on my TM and will move it to the road and do it again, I find the TM so much easier to run on then the road. I plan to build slowly and hope to avoid injury.

How is everyone else doing?

I can't make it to Disney in May of 2015, but I am doing the Castaway Cay 5k in January 2015, and the Tinkerbell 10k in 2016 :) Its sounds so far away, but 2015 only 4 months!

I am going through Disney-withdrawl right now. We usually go the first week in November but are not going this year.

I have run 2 Half-Marathons and am doing a Half in 2 weeks.

I will turn 50 two weeks before the 2016 Disney Marathon and already have the reminder set in my phone for registration day. So no! It is NOT too early to start thinking and planning! It helps with my Disney Depression I am suffering right now...

I plan on running my first DISNEY Half Marathon in Jan 2016! Thought about doing my first full but think I will postpone that for the Little Rock Marathon that March - HUGE marathon medals! Plus I don't want to be THAT exhausted while at Disneyworld! I want to have some fun too! :)

We're trying to limit our runDisney experiences to new races and anniversaries of runs we've already completed, so after 2015 Goofy we probably won't be a part of marathon weekend until 2017 (Donald) or 2018 (Mickey).

Looking ahead to 2016, though, I'm curious about how the marathon course may change with the speculation about construction impacting the 2015 TOT 10-miler and 2016 EEC. If that is indeed the cause of those races not appearing on the calendar, the marathon course would presumably be altered to some degree to account for work in both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Probably nothing too drastic -- just shifting the entry and exit points maybe -- but curious just the same.

If I run it in 2015, I will be alone - but I have a whole lot of friends and family who want to run with me in 2016. I hope to make it a really memorable trip. :goodvibes

Sorry all didn't get any alerts that I had responses.

I am totally bummed about not doing marathon weekend 2015 but just can't swing the January holidays next year.

It is along way off but for me who is almost totally a walker, I will have the time to build my base, lose some weight and be able to run/walk Dopey 2016.

I am doing C25K right now on my TM and will move it to the road and do it again, I find the TM so much easier to run on then the road. I plan to build slowly and hope to avoid injury.

Always good to have goals!! I am recovering from a sciatic/lower back injury that I sustain from poor training for the PHM 2014. I have given myself to all of now to 2015 when the race plan starts to build my walking mileage base. Then I will do the 2016 full!! Yes, it mentally helps me to have goals. How are you coming along on your C25k?

Hey everyone!!!

Well a few things have changed since I last posted. I am going to marathon weekend 2015 signed up for Goofy, I can't believe I was able to sign up, I started a new job and since I had a family trip already booked for Feb I didn't think I could get January as well but I did.

However, Dopey 2016 is still my goal. I will turn 50 in Feb of 2016 so this will be a great gift to myself.

Kim

I'm doing Goofy this January and plan to go back to only doing the full in 2016 as I have in the last couple of years.I do want to take on the Gasparilla Michelob Ultra challenge Feb 2016 in Tampa,a 15K and a 5K on Saturday and a Half marathon and an 8K on Sunday.I would do it this February but I'm doing the Florida Storm series which is 5 half marathons between November and March and there's no way I could pull off that Gasparilla challenge right in between all those race and Goofy.The Disney full is always going to be my favorite race and I plan to do it every year but I also want to try some new races and this 2 day challenge intrigues me.2018 I believe is a major anniversary year for the Disney marathon weekend and I already have Dopey on the brain for that one which is 3+ years away so it's never too early to at least have it on your radar.

I'm in for the 2016 Dopey challenge...all my races for 2015 are based around the Dopey and I'm so excited. I've even convinced my 19 year old dd to run it all with me and I think my dh will do the 5k. I can't wait! I'm glad to see others are already planning that far ahead also, my family thinks it's kinda crazy to plan races so far in advance.

I've started semi-planning for 2016 as well. We are thinking of a big group of us going for the first time. That would be...interesting, but fun. The hardest part is trying to get the newbies to plan so early my friends are just not planners!! Good thing they have me! LOL.

I am really a 10k'er, but thinking about making this my first 1/2 and making 2016 a coast-to-coast year. EEK. We shall see. I am thinking I would Stillwater todo the 10k, but I'm not sure about the back to back thing. Hmm.

DH and I are planning for 2016 too! He wants to do Dopey, I am going to do the half. We did TOT this year and it was our first Rundisney race. We had so much fun, we can't wait to do another! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!