Mama Melrose

Anyone had the saltimbocca? My husband typically loves that dish. Just wondering if they do a good version .....

Just wondering it seems a lot of people don't like the desert sampler... We are having a late lunch there early November.

Anyone had the saltimbocca? My husband typically loves that dish. Just wondering if they do a good version .....

One of the posters said her son, I believe had the Pork Saltimbocca and they didn't like it. I usually get a chicken saltimbocca at a local restaurant, I'm not sure I would do a pork version.

Last edited:
We enjoyed it. It isn't a place that is a must-do for us, but we enjoyed the food enough that we would go back if it fit in our plans. I think it was just fine-- nothing was bad but nothing was the best we have ever eaten.

We enjoy it and we're pretty high maintenance when it comes to restaurants (we won't eat at Olive Garden, Applebees, etc). The kids like it because spaghetti is a favorite of theirs. The dessert sampler (with the Fantasmic package) is pretty lousy, though. Not that I need another dessert with all that I get with free dining.

Yeah, the Chicken Parm will have to live up to my daughters!:teeth:but so far there have been so many compliments I think I'll try it.

Have any recent Fantasmic package visitors been told that they can do flatbread for appetizers? I know it's been offered on and off, so I was wondering what the latest status might be.

We did lunch there a couple years ago and loved it. I has the vegetarian pasta dish interesting but also very yummy. DF had the spaghetti and meatballs, he liked his. We also had the tomato mozz. It was nice to have fresh tomatoes in January. We'd go back again

First time eating there yesterday and loved it!

The charred steak, oak fired mussels and seafood arribiatta were delicious!

We've eaten there and it was good, but nothing to write home about. Sci Fi Dine In and 50s Prime Time are much more unique TS restaurants in DHS, and better Italian can be found at one of the many other Italian restaurants on property IMO.

We ate there in August and although I usually enjoy their seafood pasta dish, I took the advice here and tried the steak. OMG it was sooooo good! I also agree with everyone else about the Fantasmic desert platter-no one in our party was wowed by it.

Beats the pants off Tony's Town Square, which admittedly isn't saying much. I like the chicken parm, it's not the best I've ever had but it's good enough. I've never tried the dessert sampler that no one seems to enjoy - I don't care for tiramisu - but I do enjoy their cheesecake with strawberry sauce.

The steak meal there is quite possibly the best meal I've ever had at a regular, table service restaurant at Disney. We usually do the Fantasmic! package. I love the cheesecake that comes on the dessert platter.

I have to know- what's on the dessert platter, and what don't you like about it?
When we've eaten there with the Fantasmic package, the platter was Chocolate Amarettini Cheesecake (one of my favorite things on earth, ever), Chocolate Cannoli Cake (pretty good), and Panna Cotta (I don't like this one). I don't know what people dislike about it...they are small, unlike most desserts we get on the dining plan - I'd like the cheesecake to be much larger. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter