Mama and Papa quick trip...Pop Century stay and all 4 parks.....

zdad59

They call me "ThePrince of Planning"
Thought I'd drop a quick trip report of our recent trip to WDW. We had a wonderful time and maybe a few insight that might help other travelers. So here we go.

Background: Mama and I have been coming to Disney since we honeymooned at the Polynesian some 41 years ago. I'm 64 and mama is 62. We get along well. We try to get to the mouse house every couple of years.

Getting there: We flew in on April 19 and flew out on April 24. We got into Orlando (from Philly) around 6:30 in the evening. We chose an UberXL to get to Pop Century...$53 total. It was a few bucks more than one of the bus options, but we got transportation right away and it was private and direct to our hotel with no other stops, so we felt it was worth the extra cash. Popo Century check in was instant. We got our room assignment by text and went straight to our room. We had a 3rd floor room, 6308, in the Sixties building. Left out of the main building, building to the right of the foozball men. The room was neat and clean. Only one queen sized bed in the room when we entered. The we realized the 2nd bed was a Murphy Bed. We pulled it down and voila, we had our two queen beds. We had a quiet night getting situated. A light dinner at the Pop cafeteria where we also bought our refillable cup for the stay.

Day 1: Magic Kingdom. We decided to do rope drop or something close. We stopped in the cafeteria for a breakfast sandwich and some fruit. This was our standard fare every morning. Walked onto the bus to the MK. Got here just after rope drop and walked right in. A little pixie dust as we entered the park, and were greeted by an old fashioned taxi that took us up Main Street to the castle. A very fun way to start the day. Rides all morning, starting with 7D Mine Train. 7DMT is a popular first ride, so expect a line. Took us 35 minutes to complete the ride. Lunch/Linner was at Jungle Cruise Canteen. A GREAT restaurant. Food was very tasty and service was superior. We were very pleased with this offbeat choice. After Lunch our Virtual queue was called for TRON. Very efficient way to do the ride. Mama rode one of the bikes. With my knees and my size I chose a seated car at the back of the train. Both methods were great for the ride. A super ride. We both thought instantly its the best ride in WDW....at least until tomorrow. More park time until around 9, when we headed back to the hotel for the evening. The park was moderately full. We did not use Genie+ or ILL all week. Never had a super long line anywhere. We picked a good crowd size week.

Day 2: Hollywood Studios After grabbing morning breakfast, we hit the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios. Skyliner is why we chose Pop and it exceeded expectations. On our last trip we stayed at Beach Club and loved the Skyliner as well. It is particularly wonderful at Pop. A good day doing rides. Slinky Dog dash had issues that day and again we did not get to ride it. ROTR was awesome as well. Only a 45 min wait. I got to stump Darth Maul when we met up and I told him..."These are not the citizens you're looking for. Take you poor shooting guards and be on your way." He stumbled for a minute and told me to be careful or I will be arrested. For Linner we hopped over to EPCOT and ate at Le Creperie in France. A tasty dinner crepe. A fun experience but not a top 10 restaurant. More rides and people watching throughout the day and back to the hotel by 9.

Day 3: EPCOT. We got a great virtual queue slot for Guardians of the Galaxy....group 14. Our group was called as we were entering the park thru the International Gateway at 8:40. SO straight to Guardians for the first ride of the day. O M G !!!!! Its the best ride in any of the parks. So impressed. The pre ride show is very good as well. Rode the rest of our favs.....Soarin', Frozen, Test Track. Rode Ratatouille for the first time and was less than impressed. Hopped over to Hollywood Studios for late evening. Of note here was that we left after the shows on the Chinese Theater (very good shows) and walked out to an enormous line for the Skyliner. We thought we'd have a 45m-1hr trip to get back to Pop but we were pleasantly surprised that we were back at our hotel room in 20 minutes. Skyliner was super efficient.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom We got there a little late, as AK is not our favorite place. Went straight to Pandora and rode Avatar and Navi River. I'm a big guy but had no issue riding Avatar. I have to make a pilgrimage to Pandora every time as ai Have a small connection to the movies. My childhood friend (Joe Letteri) recently won an Academy Award to leading the CGI and Special effects for Avatar. His 5th Academy Award !! So I feel like I have to go pay homage to my friend every time at WDW. We also went and rode Everest a couple times. After that we were done with AK. Back to Pop for a nap, then back to Magic Kingdom to complete the trip. We rode some of our classics again and walked back to the entrance to catch the fireworks at 9. A great way to end the trip.

Summary: A great trip and great timing. We went AFTER most of spring break was over and after the Disney Marathon week and BEFORE summer season began. New rides....TRON and GUARDIANS were spectacular. Pop was a good stay. Even though we usually like Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge, Pop was a good change of pace for a quickly thrown together trip.

I'll post some pics shortly.

First batch of pics

Attachments

• IMG_5202.jpeg
    IMG_5202.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5249.jpeg
    IMG_5249.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5241.jpeg
    IMG_5241.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5239.jpeg
    IMG_5239.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5227.jpeg
    IMG_5227.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5221.jpeg
    IMG_5221.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5213.jpeg
    IMG_5213.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5207.jpeg
    IMG_5207.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 15
Batch #2…

Attachments

• IMG_5256.jpeg
    IMG_5256.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5262.jpeg
    IMG_5262.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5272.jpeg
    IMG_5272.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5275.jpeg
    IMG_5275.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5293.jpeg
    IMG_5293.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5294.jpeg
    IMG_5294.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5297.jpeg
    IMG_5297.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5300.jpeg
    IMG_5300.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: dol
Batch #3

Attachments

• IMG_5279.jpeg
    IMG_5279.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5301.jpeg
    IMG_5301.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5307.jpeg
    IMG_5307.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5308.jpeg
    IMG_5308.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5321.jpeg
    IMG_5321.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5325.jpeg
    IMG_5325.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5327.jpeg
    IMG_5327.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5326.jpeg
    IMG_5326.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5333.jpeg
    IMG_5333.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: dol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter